Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Black Knight's Revolution:call To gun - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Knight's Revolution:call To gun (378 Views)

Garden Of Poisons By Ash Knight / The Fearless Knight / knight of valor episodes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Knight's Revolution:call To gun by Drkiki: 10:57pm On May 08, 2022
EPISODE ONE

The city of dreams, Yinka thought, as he came out of the airport, just arriving at Lagos.
He carried his luggage and scanned through bustle of people with posters bearing the names of their loved ones. He was supposed to be picked up by a designated driver for a meeting.
A phone rang…

TWO WEEKS EARLIER

“Jackie, where are you?” Yinka shouted disgruntledly, as he spoke to someone on the phone. “You never finish operation?”.
“ Yinks, there is a big problem” a voice replied from the phone. “They have mobbed Jackie. They don put tire for her neck” the voice said shakily.
“Ryda, what do you mean? Jackie is down?” Yinka said, with a certain quiver in his voice.
“Yes, it’s pure bloody out here. She was caught immediately she took the iPhone from the target. They didn’t even allow her to defend herself. I am already leaving this place, I cannot save her now” Ryda said.
“Don’t you dare leave Jackie there. We are all in this mess together” Yinka replied.
“I know that she is your cousin but bro, it’s too late. Only a miracle can save her from this angry mob. I am already on my way to the base” Ryda said, as he ended the call

At the base.

Yinka, who was already at the base which was an uncompleted building, paced about pulling a tantrum as he slammed the phone on the floor.
“ Jackie…No, this is not happening. Jackie, please tell me you are fine” he said as he slumped on the floor in tears.
“I am sorry Jackie…I dragged you into this” he mumbled as he slaps himself.
“ Yinks, it’s alright”
Yinka turned his head towards the voice, as a familiar face walks in.
“Ryda, I cannot do this anymore. I just sent my own family to an early grave” he said, as he stood up to walk towards Ryda.
“Bro, you need to chill. Let’s go out for a drink. I know it’s hard but shit happens” Ryda said .
“A drink… Jackie just fucking died. She was just eighteen. A young kid just beginning her life” Yinka lashed out.
“I know. You need a drink to calm yourself, guy. The dead cannot return bro. Do this to honour her” Ryda said, as he gave Yinka a side hug.
Ryda lead the way out, as Yinka trudged alongside.

At the bar…few hours later.

As Ryda and Yinka walked into the bar, they are welcomed by the smell of liquor mixed with sweat and perfume. The bar was buzzing with people. The bartender on seeing the duo, waved for them to come.
“ Ryda, how’s it going. Who is your friend?” the bartender asked
“Mike, this is Yinka.” he motioned to his friend. “And Yinka, meet BB Mike. The best bartender in town”
Yinka shrugged without raising his head.
“Is everything fine? “ Mike asked looking at Yinka.
“ He has been through a tough day Mike. Give him your finest liquor” Ryda said
Mike brought out two cups and poured the liquor.
“Enjoy, my friend. Drink your worries away” he said as he pushed a cup towards Yinka.

Meanwhile, a woman has been looking at the duo from across the room ever since they entered. Mike noticed her gaze was focused on Yinka, who was still sulking.
“Hey Ryda, do you by any chance know that hot lady over there. I think she might have a crush on your friend.” Mike laughed
Ryda turned to look at the lady, who smiled as their eyes met. She stood up from her seat and walked with graceful strides towards Ryda and Yinka. She was dressed in a purple gown and she was strikingly beautiful.
“Hello there” she said to Yinka ignoring Ryda who was still lost in his imagination.
Yinka raised his head and answered her with a nod.
“Oh. You are the quiet type. Anyway, I have a message for you” she said as she handed him a sealed envelope.
Yinka shrugged her off and stood to walk away.
“You are quite difficult. ain’tya” she laughed. “Anyways, there is an information pertaining your cousin… Jackfree… or.. Jackie. Was it?” she said as she feigned forgetfulness.
“What did you just say?” Yinka said as he turned around to face the lady
“Pardon me. The letter or the information. I have said quite a lot” the lady said
“Don’t you dare play dumb with me. How do you know Jackie. Who are you?” Yinka said , moving slowly towards the lady.
“Hold it right there mister” the lady put out her hand to stop Yinka “If you wanna know anything about me or who sent me… Read the letter” she said as she dropped the letter on the stool in front of Yinka. She curtsied towards the bartender and Ryda, and left.
“Alright everybody, the next round is on the house” the bartender said to relieve the tension in the bar as most of the people were rumbling about the altercation .
Yinka took the letter as Ryda came to stand beside him
“That was strange. Maybe she was acquainted with Jackie. Don’t let it get to you” Ryda consoled Yinka.
Yinka wipes a tear drop as he opened the letter to read its content.
Dear Yinka,
It’s a great honor to write you this letter. I hope Lizzy didn’t get on your nerves too much. I apologize on her behalf.
We have noticed you and you group, Ryda and Jackie, I presume. We have been monitoring you guys over the past few weeks. You have potentials and I would hate to see you ending up as a neighborhood thief.
We are a militia organization….not as bad as it sounds lol…Much on that later if you accept the invitation.
This is an offer for you to take up a very important position in our ranks. I look forward to your favourable reply.
If you are interested. Send a yes to this number +234 123 488 100 (it’s a burner phone, just so you know). Further details will be forwarded afterwards.
N.B: No need to cry your ass out. We took care of the mobbing. Jackie is currently safe receiving treatment in one of our quarters.

Yours faithfully,
Ron, 2nd in command of Black knights

Yinka’s hand shuddered as he read the letter.
“You good man. What does it say?” Ryda asked as he tried to catch a glimpse of the letter’s content
Tears flowed from Yinka’s eyes as he said “Jackie is alive”

To be continued……
Re: Black Knight's Revolution:call To gun by Ryda(m): 7:11pm On May 09, 2022
OP I don't understand
Why you dey mention me angry

1 Like

Re: Black Knight's Revolution:call To gun by Shyhumbility1(m): 7:47pm On May 09, 2022
Ryda:
OP I don't understand Why you dey mention me angry
lolz
Re: Black Knight's Revolution:call To gun by Shyhumbility1(m): 7:48pm On May 09, 2022
Nice one bro drop update as e dey hot

(1) (Reply)

Call For Submissions: John Milton Poetry Competition / Justice / The Unknown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.