Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,661 members, 7,823,875 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

How To Start Up A School? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start Up A School? (2867 Views)

How To Open And Run A School Successfully / 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary / Owning A School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start Up A School? by blank(f): 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2011
A close family member to me just completed a Christian nursery and primary school in Abuja with residential quarters. The person is unsure of how to start as per how to get students to register. Does anyone have any clue on what to do next?
Re: How To Start Up A School? by Seun(m): 4:42pm On Jul 14, 2011
Hire a Principal or Head Teacher from a well-known school to head the new school. This will help with recruitment of teachers and will also make parents believe that the school has a future. This key hire will also be able to advice you better on what the school needs.

Make sure your facilities are impressive. This impresses parents a lot.

A well-designed website also helps.

2 Likes

Re: How To Start Up A School? by blank(f): 4:54pm On Jul 14, 2011
Thanks 4 that. However, the person building the school is going to be the principal and has started recruiting teachers.

I guess the bone of contention is how to get parents to put their kids in a new school.

They have great facilities with 2 big school buses, residential facilities and even a chance for orphaned children to get scholarships.
Re: How To Start Up A School? by Mrcatfish(m): 5:59pm On Jul 14, 2011
You can start with free holiday coaching,paste bills n do public awareness campagn.
Re: How To Start Up A School? by yamakuza: 1:03am On Jul 15, 2011
@blank:

Seun's advice is solid, and he has real life knowledge in that field (off NL).

The person building the school can be the chairperson,MD, CEO, whatever even VP.

What is important now is that prospective parents need a name or face they can trust.
Re: How To Start Up A School? by fm7070: 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2011
Its better she hire an experienced principal.
If she gets it wrong from inception, that's what will run down the school.
In business, its better when people don't know you at all than when they know you for inefficiency.
Good luck.
Re: How To Start Up A School? by ifyalways(f): 7:40am On Jul 17, 2011
@Yamakuza,spot on.

My mum started her school from our house after years of teaching in the state owned schools and acting as Principal in a popular private school where she became students and parents favorite.The momet she left,started her own,you need to see parents rushing to her place,I actually laughed at her at first when she told me she's starting her own school from our home,lol.Today,The school is a household name in that city.

@OP,You can start by scouting for a known head teacher,Principal within that city to join ypur team.No serious parent wud come leave his/her ward with you just cos your school building is new and well equipped.You need a tested and trusted face/name.
Re: How To Start Up A School? by cantiride2: 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2011
In my own opinion,the school can conduct a comprehensive campaign such as street rallies and flyers distribution,word of mouth,banners,tv adverts,internet adverts,summer lesson,ensuring the teachers are of good standards(good command of English and not communicating to parents with their local languages).You can contact me on cantiride2001@yahoo.com for more info
Re: How To Start Up A School? by eyems: 11:44am On Aug 17, 2016
Re: How To Start Up A School? by konews: 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
Re: How To Start Up A School? by babytejiri(m): 10:47am On Sep 16, 2021
plku

(1) (Reply)

Agro Allied Stands At Abuja Trade Fair in pictures / Help Pls! I'm In Need Of Where To Get Zobo Leaves In Bulk And Cheap Price. / Every Single Item Is Being Sold @ N500 - Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.