Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,800 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Elon Musk Is Being Threatened By Russia For Providing Internet To Ukraine - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Elon Musk Is Being Threatened By Russia For Providing Internet To Ukraine (292 Views)

Graphic Footage Of TERRORISTS Caught By Russia Forces (photos) / Russia Death Merchant Viktor Bout Tells Trump To Flee To Russia For Safety (Pix) / Video Of Fire At Ukraine's Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant By Russia Troops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elon Musk Is Being Threatened By Russia For Providing Internet To Ukraine by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:36pm On May 09, 2022
Elon Musk is threatened by the head of Russia's space agency for providing internet to Ukrainians: SpaceX CEO jokes 'if I die under mysterious circumstances, it's been nice knowin' ya' - but his mom Maye doesn't find it funny

• Musk, 50, has been using Starlink, a constellation of more than 2,000 satellites in low Earth orbit, beaming internet connections to dishes around the world
• Starlink has a particularly strong presence in Ukraine, introduced to keep the country online amid the ongoing Russian invasion
• Musk tweeted out information provided by Dmitry Rogozin, the head of the Russian space agency Roscosmos, to the Russian media on Sunday night
• Rogozin accuses Musk of giving Starlink equipment to what they refer to as the 'Nazi Azov Battalion' as well as branches of the Ukrainian military
• 'And for this you will have to answer in an adult way, Elon, no matter how much you'll play the fool'
• The billionaire responded, as he often does, with his tongue pressed firmly in cheek: 'If I die under mysterious circumstances, it's been nice knowin' ya'

By STEPHEN M. LEPORE FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 05:18, 9 May 2022 | UPDATED: 07:51, 9 May 2022

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has been threatened by the head of Russia's space agency over his attempts to provide Ukraine with internet service.

Musk, 50, has been using Starlink - a constellation of more than 2,000 satellites in low Earth orbit - to beam internet connections to dishes around the world.

The service has a large presence in Ukraine, introduced with the explicit intention of keeping the country online amid the ongoing Russian invasion.

READ MORE

Elon Musk: 'If I die under mysterious circumstances, it's been nice knowin' ya'

Re: Elon Musk Is Being Threatened By Russia For Providing Internet To Ukraine by Ever8090: 12:40pm On May 09, 2022
Lol... Russia dey threaten every country and everybody...

I am a builder looking for a contractor to work with, if you are interested to give me a chance, you will not regret, base in port Harcourt but currently in Abuja looking for a possible connection to a contractor
Re: Elon Musk Is Being Threatened By Russia For Providing Internet To Ukraine by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:31pm On May 09, 2022
Elon Musk just set the internet on fire with a cryptic tweet about dying 'under mysterious circumstances'
Re: Elon Musk Is Being Threatened By Russia For Providing Internet To Ukraine by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:59pm On Jun 07, 2022
If the name Jesus offends you, well...

(1) (Reply)

Britain To cut 91000 Civil Service Job To Save Money / UK Mod: Moscow's Combined Air & Artillery Strikes "Key Factor" In Donbas Success / Sanctions-hit Kremlin Stages Russian Davos Bereft Of Elite, Putin Speaks Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.