Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,203 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

What Is The Importance Of Marriage Certificate To The Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Importance Of Marriage Certificate To The Wife? (312 Views)

Lady Dedicates Her NYSC Certificate To Husband As She Completes Service (video) / Nigeria Introduces New Federal Marriage Certificate / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Importance Of Marriage Certificate To The Wife? by zedegit: 2:54pm On May 09, 2022
I am talking from the Nigerian perspective. What is the importance of the white wedding marriage certificate to women in the event of talks for divorce?
Re: What Is The Importance Of Marriage Certificate To The Wife? by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On May 09, 2022
zedegit:
I am talking from the Nigerian perspective. What is the importance of the white wedding marriage certificate to women in the event of talks for divorce?
What in the world is a "white wedding marriage certificate" abeg? undecided

The Marriage Act in Nigeria states that if you do not register your marriage, .I.e. you have no marriage certificate signed to show it registered with the courts, your marriage is not legally binding. Meaning that whether you do traditional marriage or church marriage, if you no register your ceremony, your marriage no happen at all. Marriage no be like birthday wey you go just organize and do anyhow. You have to in fact register it in order to make it legal. undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

t / Rent To Own House In Ontario / My First Menstrual Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.