Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,780 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia (611 Views)

Gordan Grlic Radman Attempted To Kiss Annalena Baerbock / Snake Island: 13 Ukrainia Soldiers' Final Words Before Being Blown Up By Missile / President Macron Attempted To Return The Slap Before His Security Intervened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Teazer4(m): 7:21pm On May 09, 2022
A Ukrainian sea and air assault on the island off the coast of Odessa was defeated with major losses, Moscow said

An attempt by Ukrainian armed forces to seize the infamous Snake Island by air and sea over the weekend resulted in failure and substantial casualties, the Russian Ministry of Defense said on Monday, noting that US and UK advisers were involved in planning the operation.

Over the past two days, the Kiev regime has made several desperate attempts to land by air and sea on Snake Island, which is important for ensuring control of the northwestern part of the Black Sea,” said Major General Igor Konashenkov, the Russian military spokesman.

The assault was ordered personally by Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Saturday, and the plans to take the island were made by the general staff in Kiev “with direct participation” of advisers from the US and the UK, Konashenkov added.

Russian forces stationed on the island thwarted the Ukrainian attack, and inflicted “great losses” on the enemy, according to Konashenkov. He said Ukraine lost four aircraft – three Su-24 ground attack jets and one Su-27 fighter – as well as four helicopters, including a Mi-24 and three Mi-8s loaded with troops.

Over the two days of fighting, 29 Ukrainian drones were shot down, including a total of eight Bayraktar TB-2 attack UAVs. Four of the Turkish-made drones were shot down just during the day on Monday, Konashenkov noted.

Ukrainian losses also included three ‘Centaur’-class assault boats, also known as Project 58181, sunk during an attempted night landing on May 8, Konashenkov said. More than 50 Ukrainian troops perished in the “thoughtless” attempt to assault the island, leaving 24 bodies on the shore, the Russian military spokesman said.

While the mentally deranged kids keeps celebrating the death of Russian generals, we are demolishing and crippling ukronazi, the extent of the demolitions will be felt for centuries to come.

Death to All Nazis and their apologists on this forum. Nazis are scums and will be annihilated by mother Russia’s missiles, while those of you here UGm and bandits go handle una

If you think, perhaps believe that Ukraine is winning or even have a chance to win, you have a brain tumor.

Source: R t news

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 09, 2022
Victory to Ukraine
Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Teazer4(m): 7:24pm On May 09, 2022
All hail Zelenski the great

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:29pm On May 09, 2022
Rt news?
Russia propaganda machine..they meant to say Ukraine dealt Russia a huge blow..
Putin better realize that propaganda don't win war..what a clown he is. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by AldrichAmes: 7:31pm On May 09, 2022
They lost the deputy commander of their navy during the failed attempt, lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Teazer4(m): 7:32pm On May 09, 2022
Who let the dog out?
You don repair your phone

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Teazer4(m): 7:33pm On May 09, 2022
AldrichAmes:
I didn’t want to stress myself by attaching any screenshots, but you did well bro. Keep it up.

Don’t be surprised the mor0n will say na photoshop

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Teazer4(m): 7:35pm On May 09, 2022
AldrichAmes:
imagine if na the other way round, that igborat go don create a new thread for the fallen commander… but who have time for cheap stunt while the bigger pictures dey insight

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Teazer4(m): 7:41pm On May 09, 2022
I don’t share fake news
I don’t share propaganda
I Dey always cross check my news wella b4 I share.

This is for Mother Russia
This is for Victory’s Day

We gonna send more nazis to hell, and any nato fanatics wey cross the red line

Putin na Ideology
God bless Putin and Mother Russia

One minute silent for the all the fallen heros…

I spit on all nazi’s grave if dem lucky to get one.

Azovstal under nonstop shelling, I love how these western media Mor0ns are crying foul

4 Likes

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Opolopoopolonio: 7:50pm On May 09, 2022
Ukraine will still retake the island.
Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Opolopoopolonio: 7:54pm On May 09, 2022
Teazer4:
I don’t share fake news
I don’t share propaganda

Putin na Ideology

Azovstal under nonstop shelling, I love how these western media Mor0ns are crying foul

Pro-Putin luuunatics are just pathetic and shameless.

After over 10 weeks of war, Russia is still shelling the Azovstal and cannot storm it.

I thought it was supposed to be a victory trophy for today's anniversary... grin
Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Teazer4(m): 8:01pm On May 09, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

[s]Pro-Putin luuunatics are just pathetic and shameless.

After over 10 weeks of war, Russia is still shelling the Azovstal and cannot storm it.

I thought it was supposed to be a victory trophy today's anniversary[/s]... grin
oloriburuku
Ogun kill your miserable papa

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Opolopoopolonio: 8:01pm On May 09, 2022
[s]
Teazer4:
oloriburuku ni mi
Ogun kill my papa
[/s]
Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Teazer4(m): 8:02pm On May 09, 2022
May thunder strike you dead
Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Kingpin1000: 8:02pm On May 09, 2022
Teazer4:
Who let the dog out?
You don repair your phone
That guy na poor man, He is even jobless. Na nairaland dey help suppress depression.. naim make every time home dey paranoid.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Teazer4(m): 8:04pm On May 09, 2022
Kingpin1000:

That guy na poor man, He is even jobless. Na nairaland dey help suppress depression.. naim make every time home dey paranoid.
you’re right bro, most of em na pauper, poverty wan kill em instead make dem channel all their aggression give bubu, nah person wey no sabi their generation dem dey vex for…. Unfortunately fellas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Opolopoopolonio: 8:04pm On May 09, 2022
Omo ale ni e.

Thunder will strike you dead
Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Teazer4(m): 8:05pm On May 09, 2022
Sanpana fall on you

Oloriburuku omo akuse
Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Kingpin1000: 8:07pm On May 09, 2022
Teazer4:
I don’t share fake news
I don’t share propaganda

Putin na Ideology

Oga this news na since 3 days ago na.. if you read the news, you go see say Russia set Ukrainians up before them finish them
Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Teazer4(m): 8:07pm On May 09, 2022
As per cursed kid that you are, even if person no fest look for trouble you go always come for me. I go curse you and your miserable and failed parents.

Olofo

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Teazer4(m): 8:10pm On May 09, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Oga this news na since 3 days ago na.. if you read the news, you go see say Russia set Ukrainians up before them finish them
yes it is brother, I don fest read am on MoD and Lord of war on telegram, Rtnews just post it on their website today, that’s why I shared

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by DerrickzB: 8:10pm On May 09, 2022
[s]
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Rt news?
Russia propaganda machine..they meant to say Ukraine dealt Russia a huge blow..
Putin better realize that propaganda don't win war..what a clown he is. grin grin
[/s]

You are running mad gradually!! Russian forces has been occupying the island for a while until now!! How can Russia try to take back the island and be dealt a heavy blow?? I know some of you are just bored, so u type anything you want to type!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:13pm On May 09, 2022
DerrickzB:
[s][/s]

You are running mad gradually!! Russian forces has been occupying the island for a while until now!! How can Russia try to take back the island and be dealt a heavy blow?? I know some of you are just bored, so u type anything you want to type!!
Propaganda machine.. grin
Cry..
Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by joyandfaith: 8:18pm On May 09, 2022
Teazer4:
A Ukrainian sea and air assault on the island off the coast of Odessa was defeated with major losses, Moscow said

An attempt by Ukrainian armed forces to seize the infamous Snake Island by air and sea over the weekend resulted in failure and substantial casualties, the Russian Ministry of Defense said on Monday, noting that US and UK advisers were involved in planning the operation.

Over the past two days, the Kiev regime has made several desperate attempts to land by air and sea on Snake Island, which is important for ensuring control of the northwestern part of the Black Sea,” said Major General Igor Konashenkov, the Russian military spokesman.

The assault was ordered personally by Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Saturday, and the plans to take the island were made by the general staff in Kiev “with direct participation” of advisers from the US and the UK, Konashenkov added.

Russian forces stationed on the island thwarted the Ukrainian attack, and inflicted “great losses” on the enemy, according to Konashenkov. He said Ukraine lost four aircraft – three Su-24 ground attack jets and one Su-27 fighter – as well as four helicopters, including a Mi-24 and three Mi-8s loaded with troops.

Over the two days of fighting, 29 Ukrainian drones were shot down, including a total of eight Bayraktar TB-2 attack UAVs. Four of the Turkish-made drones were shot down just during the day on Monday, Konashenkov noted.

Ukrainian losses also included three ‘Centaur’-class assault boats, also known as Project 58181, sunk during an attempted night landing on May 8, Konashenkov said. More than 50 Ukrainian troops perished in the “thoughtless” attempt to assault the island, leaving 24 bodies on the shore, the Russian military spokesman said.

While the mentally deranged kids keeps celebrating the death of Russian generals, we are demolishing and crippling ukronazi, the extent of the demolitions will be felt for centuries to come.

Death to All Nazis and their apologists on this forum. Nazis are scums and will be annihilated by mother Russia’s missiles, while those of you here UGm and bandits go handle una

If you think, perhaps believe that Ukraine is winning or even have a chance to win, you have a brain tumor.

Source: R t news

Is this one eastern or western propaganda?
Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Teazer4(m): 8:31pm On May 09, 2022
joyandfaith:

Is this one eastern or western propaganda?
nah middleEast

1 Like

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by techWriter3: 10:12pm On May 09, 2022
They suffered the deputy COMMAND of their warship during the failed bid, lol

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Dvdpity: 7:52am On May 10, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:
Ukraine will still retake the island.
Hahahaha.. without a war ship? At least a friget. You don't understand what it takes to invade a country by sea. If you know how the USA suffer to take Japanese island and failed on multiple occasions before the atomic bombings, you won't dream of attacking any country or island by sea. No matter how small.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by MERCHANDISER: 9:01am On May 10, 2022
lol bro, USA won’t risk San Francisco for Kyiv. If Putin nuke Kyiv which I don’t think will ever happen, life’s gonna go on, na Ukraine’s loss be that. Unless if the nuke fall on Poland nah that fit trigger MAD response. More weapons means more Ukrainian deaths,I’m not saying Russians won’t die too, cos dem no be robot… some of these weapons fall into the hands of RAF, while some are being destroyed. Nuke ain’t on the option, if putin unleashed real hell on Kyiv, there’ll no one left to use the land lease weapons dem go give up, but make we still Dey play the game like this, it’s fair enough. The weapons ain’t free nah generational debt, imagine it took the Soviet Union over 61years to repay the loan. You go think say usa Dey do em favor, their unborn generations go pay back the loan. This is no free lunch
Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Nobody: 9:14am On May 10, 2022
AldrichAmes:

Before you share fake news, Always know a lot of persons follow up with the news. The commander was killed but was never related to the snake island attacks. Ukrain used Jet fighters to attack and successfully eliminate targets on snake island. Below is the video link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkmwtN9-f1U

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Teazer4(m): 1:10pm On May 10, 2022
Eeya
I thought nah only Russia dey take things from other countries grin grin

Re: Ukraine Attempted To Retake Snake Island – Russia by Holav(m): 6:23pm On May 10, 2022
This ukraine-russia i have being following dis Hrn media news is propaganda and only Russia side news is genuine d day I notice dat putin fan boys don't have sense is dat western media dey claim is propaganda,then let d western media just headline dat Russia is making some progress in some part of d war they will believe it fast and be happy let reverse b d case dat ukraine is making good lead in d war they will claim it propaganda is dat not dumb especially nairaland and again they claim all British media is all about propaganda then d British media made a post about hunter Biden and a news about accused made by Russia dat USA have biolab in Ukraine omoh I was shock all putin fans boys quickly belive d news here all nairaland and they have already said all news reports by British media is propaganda and dat was still accusation. D day I give up on putin fan boys is d on Aljazeara post,when aljazeara post about Russia making good lead in d war they will b happy in d comment section and most people know dat Aljazeara will b reporting more Russia than Ukraine cause of d west then Aljazeara made a post about Ukraine making a good lead in some part of d war then in d comment section see most of dem trashing Aljazeara that Aljazeara has join western media that Aljazeara must not be reporting any Ukraine successful news na on dat day I know sey putin fan boys no get sense.come 2 putin fan boys on nairaland 2 I dey read comment they will b saying Ukraine is winning on social media dat in reality Russia is winning i wan ask question let's assume Ukraine is not making good lead in d war but saying Russia is winning in reality hw u take know u go 2 Ukraine go confam abi no b d same social media u take know sey Russia is winning no b stupidity b dat.lets all assume d west is lying saying Russia is saying d truth then u are mad firstly b4 d invasion d west u proclaim dat they are lying said dat Russia wil invade ukraine here on nairaland all putin fan boys saying d west is pushing 4 war dat Russia is not invading ukraine dat they are propagandist,there warrior putin denied d fact dat is not invading ukraine then what happen now,who is now lying between d 2 now b4 d invasion,Back 2 d media reporting dis war BBC,CNN,and other western media will all know dat they will b reporting more ukraine than Russia, then 2 d other side Rt news ,Chinese media and India news outlets will b reporting more Russia dan ukraine due 2 there take on Russia.Then back 2 nairaland u will b arguing with someone dat is brainwashed with western media news then proclaim your argument with fact u will b bringing Russia side news or Chinese,India news shey no b everybody know sey there news will counter each other and again if they are not using any Russia media outlets they will bring link of any western media 2 counter no b stupidity b dat western media u claim dat is propaganda.My take here is dat make putin fan boys no dey shout propaganda again bcus Russia 2 is a propaganda country dat thing baffle me dat all news must suit yr narrative dat Russia must win dis war I notice again must people supporting Russia is bcus dey dislike d west we all know d west are bad but assuming Russia is good I cant agree with u,if any Russia media made a news about I can't believe it,I will tamed it propaganda cause u assume d western media are propaganda news 2.i swear putin fan boys here on nairaland dey annoy me any news about Russia they don't care whether na fake news or not they will b jubilating on comment section let reverse b d case dat dey report about ukraine they will b fast shouting na lie or propaganda. Western media or Russia media,Chinese media will know there take on dis war b4 any truth will prevail it will going 2 be when d war is coming 2 an end then we will know who actually won d war but 4 now make everybody dey support who dey wan support without someone stupid will b saying na propaganda u dey read wetin u dey read, Na Reuters media I still notice small that try 2 balance there news small.Make putin fan boys try 2 get sense abeg

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Base Of Wagner Group Mercenaries Destroyed By Ukrainian Forces / “you Take YOUR Seat”: Biden Accidentally Shows A Cheat Sheet Prepared For Him / Ukrain Invasion; Russia Vs US War Imminent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.