Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,107 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Illegal Arrest & Extortion By Lastma Officials - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Illegal Arrest & Extortion By Lastma Officials (176 Views)

LASTMA Finds Wandering Girl Under Bridge / A Lagos Driver Removed His Boxer And Defecated To Fight LASTMA Officials! / BREAKING: Commuters Stranded As Drivers Protest Alleged Extortion By LASTMA, Tas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illegal Arrest & Extortion By Lastma Officials by Jtayor(m): 4:13am On May 10, 2022
Please, help to share till it get to the necessary authorities.

On Friday d 8th of April, 2022 around 10:35am, i was coming from Mile 2 to Festac. As I was approaching First Gate junction, I had a called and I parked by the Mother and Child Maternity, Amuwo-Odofin, off Lagos-Badagry Expressway, where other vehicles also parked. Meanwhile, no sign that says “No Parking, No Waiting, No Stopping” along the area.
Before I knew what was happening, I saw this SILVER OR ASH COLOUR (not too sure of its colour) KURUPE BUS WITHOUT PLATE NUMBER OR ANY IDENTITY reverse to where I parked and blocked me; and these LASTMA OFFICERS AND POLICE OFFICERS alighted and asked me to open the car door that this is AN ILLEGAL PARKING. Illegal parking kè!!! I responded emphatically.
HOW?
WHAT DID YOU PEOPLE MEAN?
WHAT ABOUT ALL THESE OTHER VEHICLES PARKED BEHIND ME?

Of a truth, i denied them access into my car which prompted them to remove my CAR PLATES NUMBER and they went straight to their office which is just a stone throw from the scene of the incident.

On getting to their office “ZONE 5” located at MAZA-MAZA before FIRST GATE JUNCTION, they had already issued a ticket:

OFFENCE: WILLFUL OBSTRUCTION ON HIGHWAY.

FINE: 50,000 NAIRA.

They (THE OTHER LASTMA OFFICERS AT THEIR OFFICE) never bothered to hear from me what actually happened.

They all turned deaf ears to everything I was saying.
All they were saying was to go and look for money and pay the fine or else I would be paying demurrage.

To cut a long story short, I was able to raise the 50,000 Naira and paid to Lagos State Government Account.

That was my experience in the hand of LASTMA of ZONE 5, MAZA-MAZA/FIRST GATE, AMUWO-ODOFIN, LAGOS-BADAGRY EXPRESSWAY.

Attached the videos and pictures I took at the scene of the arrest, and the payment receipt of the fine for what they termed as an illegal parking.

Kindly watch the videos carefully and look at the pictures if I actually obstructed vehicular movement.

Secondly, is this 1ST AVENUE ROAD, FESTAC now a HIGHWAY?

Thirdly, why can’t they always hear from the suspected offender before they issue an offence ticket?

PLEASE HELP ME SHARE FOR JUSTICE TO BE DONE AND INJUSTICE TO BE CORRECTED.

My CONTACT:
+234 903-548-2952.
Tayo.

2 Shares

Re: Illegal Arrest & Extortion By Lastma Officials by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:29am On May 10, 2022
The right authorities must take up this matter urgently.
Look up their numbers online.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Illegal Arrest & Extortion By Lastma Officials by Tonypens48(m): 5:06am On May 10, 2022
This is gross misconduct from these officers of the law na lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Illegal Arrest & Extortion By Lastma Officials by 2special(m): 6:02am On May 10, 2022
Tag them with the Governor, deputy Governor, commissioner of transportation, the LASTMA commander those social influencers on twitter and other social Media
Re: Illegal Arrest & Extortion By Lastma Officials by Maxymilliano(m): 6:07am On May 10, 2022
The fine was paid into Lagos State government coffers, and not some random account numbers hence cannot be deemed as extortion.

Sorry to say, there's very little you can do at this stage to get redress
Re: Illegal Arrest & Extortion By Lastma Officials by cenaman(m): 6:19am On May 10, 2022
The fear of LASTMA is the beginning of wisdom.

(1) (Reply)

Digital Marketer / Want To Learn What Affiliate Marketing Is And Make Some Money Off It? / Police Recover Body Of Beheaded Anambra Lawmaker, As Gov Soludo Places N10 Bount

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.