Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

3 English Words You Need To Stop Using NOW. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 English Words You Need To Stop Using NOW. (1848 Views)

20 Rarely Used English Words That We Need To Know / Seven English Words You Will Be Shocked To Know You’ve Been Using Wrongly / English Words You Have Been Using Wrongly As A Nigerian!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 English Words You Need To Stop Using NOW. by Grammarcetamol(f): 10:26am On May 10, 2022
There are tons of *non-existent English words* that you often say with confidence. cool

I'm teaching you three out of them, today.

PEPPERISH is one of them...

As in: "the food is pepperish"❌

This is absolutely wrong.

If you want to speak impeccable English, *that leaves your listeners spell bound,*�

it's high-time these words went down your trash can...�️

Catch the full gist here��

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdV4O_TIr-m/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Don't forget to leave a comment and LIKE it, if you found it valuable.

2 Likes

Re: 3 English Words You Need To Stop Using NOW. by PericomaNwankwo: 7:01pm On May 10, 2022
You think this forum is a joke? My friend paste the full details here. Correction fluid

8 Likes

Re: 3 English Words You Need To Stop Using NOW. by Grammarcetamol(f): 9:02pm On May 10, 2022
The slides are about 10 on my Instagram page and I wouldn't want to litter this platform with too many pictures.
Re: 3 English Words You Need To Stop Using NOW. by shilenji(m): 9:09pm On May 10, 2022
There was this guy that used to post english grammar here in the past. I miss those threads, it really helped my spoken english. I don't know your moniker but I wish to bless you but before then God bless you wherever you may be and I hope you're alive and well too

7 Likes

Re: 3 English Words You Need To Stop Using NOW. by Vincyman: 10:09pm On May 10, 2022
[b][/b]
[b]it's high-time these words went down your trash can...�️.[/quote]
And which kind of statement you drop here, abeg, op make u dey pack well, English no be my mama language
Re: 3 English Words You Need To Stop Using NOW. by SirdimayG(m): 11:46pm On May 10, 2022
Grammarcetamol:
The slides are about 10 on my Instagram page and I wouldn't want to litter this platform with too many pictures.

Is seun complaining? �

2 Likes

Re: 3 English Words You Need To Stop Using NOW. by samuelson06(m): 12:29am On May 11, 2022
So, what's the right word in your example here?
Re: 3 English Words You Need To Stop Using NOW. by Giorgia: 1:44am On May 11, 2022
samuelson06:
The food is peppery or spicy.

2 Likes

Re: 3 English Words You Need To Stop Using NOW. by NotBeenPaid: 2:42am On May 11, 2022
samuelson06:

The correct way of saying that is; THE FOOD IS PEPPERING TOO MUCH!

1 Like

Re: 3 English Words You Need To Stop Using NOW. by phemmyfour: 4:49am On May 11, 2022
Grammarcetamol:
Go ahead and litter everywhere...we are not complaining

2 Likes

Re: 3 English Words You Need To Stop Using NOW. by Grammarcetamol(f): 2:36pm On May 12, 2022
Okay
Re: 3 English Words You Need To Stop Using NOW. by Grammarcetamol(f): 2:41pm On May 12, 2022
Here are some of the slides.

Re: 3 English Words You Need To Stop Using NOW. by Grammarcetamol(f): 2:42pm On May 12, 2022
And these:

(1) (Reply)

Info On Yaba City University / Black Immigrants Model Minority In Usa / Ebonyi State University Post Ume Forms On Sales!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.