Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Unanswered Questions About The Army Couple's Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unanswered Questions About The Army Couple's Death (392 Views)

Birthday Mismatch, Gender Error, Unanswered Questions About Tinubu / The Army Couple Were Beheaded In Cameroon - IPOB PHOTOS / Unknown Gunmen Behead Nigerian Army Couple In Imo, Threaten To Kill Their Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unanswered Questions About The Army Couple's Death by gidgiddy: 3:01pm On May 10, 2022
When I hear that members of the Nigerian Army have been killed by armed hoodlums, its hard for me to feel any sympathy. The reason is that during the days I and others were peacefully protesting for an independent state of Biafra, I witnessed the same Nigerian Army gun down many unarmed peaceful Biafran protesters who did nothing wrong. I remember the day my shirt was drenched in blood as I and others carried a comrade to hospital, a Soldier shot him in the back just for waving a Biafran flag on the streets of Enugu. But every violent death is regrettable as it not necessary always

However, the killing of Linus Audu, a retired Master Sargeant, and Private Gloria Mathews, leaves much to be desired as people are more focused on using their death for propaganda than anything else. Within 24 hours of the news breaking, without any investigation whatsoever, the Nigerian Army claimed that IPOB did it. IPOB have since denied and condemned the killing.

There was a report that they were on their way to Imo state when they were ambushed and killed. The particular location of their killing remains a mystery. I have heard people say Benue, Cameroun and even Orlu. Someone even said they were waylaid and abducted at Banana junction, Orlu, by 4 armed men who emerged from the bushes. This story seems unlikely as there are no bushes around the urbanised area of Banana Junction and the gunmen would have had to be magicians to have known when the couple would be passing that junction

The story of the couple being killed in Cameroun also seems far fetched, what would the couple be doing in Cameroun a few days to their wedding?

Then theres this matter of a phone call by the alleged killer to a relative to tell them he killed them. I find it laughable that a killer would call a relative to tell them of what he had done, only for the relative to rush and put the conversation on social media, rather than rush to give it to the Police. Any two people with phones can orchestrate such a call

I believe that whoever killed the couple were people who knew them personally, people who had an axe to grind over past dealings.

When and where were the couple killed? By who? And why?

The security forces should do their job and fish out the perpetrators of this act so we may know the answers to these questions

2 Likes

Re: Unanswered Questions About The Army Couple's Death by slimfit1(m): 3:03pm On May 10, 2022
DSS will find find one innocent man to blame watch. Nigerian security force is the only force that can find a killer without evidence.
Re: Unanswered Questions About The Army Couple's Death by naijapips04: 3:05pm On May 10, 2022
gidgiddy:
When I hear that members of the Nigerian Army have been killed by armed hoodlums, its hard for me to feel any sympathy. The reason is that during the days I and others were peacefully protesting for an independent state of Biafra, I witnessed the same Nigerian Army gun down many unarmed peaceful Biafran protesters who did nothing wrong. I remember the day my shirt was drenched in blood as I and others carried a comrade to hospital, a Soldier shot him in the back just for waving a Biafran flag on the streets of Enugu. But every violent death is regrettable as it not necessary always

However, the killing of Linus Audu, a retired Master Sargeant, and Private Gloria Mathews, leaves much to be desired as people are more focused on using their death for propaganda than anything else. Within 24 hours of the news breaking, without any investigation whatsoever, the Nigerian Army claimed that IPOB did it. IPOB have since denied and condemned the killing.

There was a report that they were on their way to Imo state when they were ambushed and killed. The particular location of their killing remains a mystery. I have heard people say Benue, Cameroun and even Orlu. Someone even said they were waylaid and abducted at Banana junction, Orlu, by 4 armed men who emerged from the bushes. This story seems unlikely as there are no bushes around the urbanised area of Banana Junction and the gunmen would have had to be magicians to have known when the couple would be passing that junction

The story of the couple being killed in Cameroun also seems far fetched, what would the couple be doing in Cameroun a few days to their wedding?

Then theres this matter of a phone call by the alleged killer to a relative to tell them he killed them. I find it laughable that a killer would call a relative to tell them of what he had done, only for the relative to rush and put the conversation on social media, rather than rush to give it to the Police. Any two people with phones can orchestrate such a call

I believe that whoever killed the couple were people who knew them personally, people who had an axe to grind over past dealings.

When and where were the couple killed? By who? And why?

The security forces should do their job and fish out the perpetrators of this act so we may know the answers to these questions

Never read such mumuism in my entire life.

Couple were kidnapped Banana junction orlu and taken to an unknown destination. All these are public knowledge na, ewu bingo.
Re: Unanswered Questions About The Army Couple's Death by slimfit1(m): 3:06pm On May 10, 2022
Let us remember Kano and Kaduna riot, people were killed for no reason but because they were Christians.

1 Like

Re: Unanswered Questions About The Army Couple's Death by Asgard13: 3:08pm On May 10, 2022
IPOB is a criminal organization responsible for all killings and death in southeast Nigeria

From esn killings to .. unknown gun men

Both are same people

The death of the army couple is something they can’t wish away

So the keep writing to IPOB writin .. to defend wetin no Dey

IPOB is not Biafra

They used Biafra to scam igbos

But why the dead the give them sleepless night.. guilty conscience.

Tomorrow another article..

Careless
Re: Unanswered Questions About The Army Couple's Death by gidgiddy: 3:11pm On May 10, 2022
naijapips04:

Never read such mumuism in my entire life.

Couple were kidnapped Banana junction orlu and taken to an unknown destination. All these are public knowledge na, ewu bingo.

How would the gun men know when they would be passing Banana junction? Or you think the gun men were standing at the junction with all its nearby stores and market, waiting for the couple to come? Banana junction is not where anyone would attempt to stage a kidnap attempt.
Re: Unanswered Questions About The Army Couple's Death by naijapips04: 3:14pm On May 10, 2022
gidgiddy:

How would the gun men know when they would be passing Banana junction? Or you think the gun men were standing at the junction with all its nearby stores and market, waiting for the couple to come? Banana junction is not where anyone would attempt to stage a kidnap attempt.

Gunmen kidnap people everyday in the east. kidnap spot are not designated. Stop asking foolish childish questions.

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Really Suffering As Much As They Claim To / Tinubu Begs For Votes In Gombe As He Meets With Delegates / Young Upcoming Artist, Killed For Faking His Own Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.