Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter (1989 Views)

More Pictures Of The Army Couple Killed By Unknown Gunmen (very Graphic Picture / Korobe Menele Loveday 'Mene' Killed! Army Kills Wanted Oil Bunkerer(Graphic Pix) / "I Pretended To Be Dead When Gunmen Killed Six In My Family" - Survivor (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by ExAngel007(f): 4:46pm On May 10, 2022
A family member has narrated the circumstances
surrounding the killing of Gloria Matthew and Linus Audu, an army couple who were reportedly beheaded in Imo state.

TheCable had earlier reported that Gloria and Audu were said to be on their way to “fulfil the traditional rites for their
wedding” when they were attacked.

Speaking to the BBC disinformation unit, the family member said the duo were attacked by four armed persons at an area not far from Banana junction in Orlu, Imo state.

“It happened around 3pm. They were travelling to Nkwerre
from Lagos,” BBC quoted the family source as saying.

The wedding was said to have been fixed for May 2 at
Nkwerre LGA of Imo state.

“Audu is from southern Kaduna but he lives in Makurdi. Gloria is based in Sokoto. They arrived in Lagos from Kaduna on the 26th of April to pick up Gloria’s mum so that they can travel together for the traditional marriage rites,” the source said.

The source wasn’t, however, sure if the attack happened on
April 30 or May 1, but added that the photograph of Gloria’s
corpse was posted on her WhatsApp status on May 1.

“They killed Linus’ relatives that day. The leader of the armed men ordered them (gunmen) to shoot. They killed them (the couple) in front of Gloria’s 10-year-old daughter and her mum,” the source said.

The army had also confirmed the killing of the couple, adding that efforts are on to apprehend the perpetrators.

President Muhammadu Buhari had, in a statement issued on May 4, described the beheading of the soldiers as “barbaric”.

Describing the incident as “unacceptable”, Buhari added that security agencies have been directed to “do their utmost in apprehending the perpetrators of these barbaric acts and bring them to justice”.

https://www.thecable.ng/imo-attack-gunmen-killed-army-couple-in-front-of-brides-mum-says-relative/amp
Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by Sultty(m): 4:50pm On May 10, 2022
naija have seen shege under buhari
Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by Shalommy(f): 4:59pm On May 10, 2022
Hmmm... Bubu is the caused. Chaii..
Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by illicit(m): 5:06pm On May 10, 2022
They didn't deserve it at all

2 Likes

Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by Creamypie(m): 5:23pm On May 10, 2022
And some useless IPob youths the claimed it didnt happen in IMO. Imagine d pain in the woman's eyes when the knife cut her oesophagus in two. her eyes even blinked for a second after they put her head on her chest after decapitation.it shall never be well with all ipob supporters and their families . Please make them behead KANU on live TV, if possible. Cawards, thats y they are u.g.m. some idiots here at Asaba dey yarn anyhow. I challenge them to come out make we meet face to face. Dem dey give excuses. I took live pics of oduke, bonsaac markets that run from morning till night and were running as at pix time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by anonymuz(m): 5:44pm On May 10, 2022
That was a gruesome act on behalf of those killers. Their unborn children will never no peace.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by tunde1200(m): 8:46pm On May 10, 2022
Ipob plans is not yet fully fulfilled.

Very terrible human.
Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by Neddstark: 9:14pm On May 10, 2022
When Ipob murdered Dr. Akunyili, they denied it
When Ipob murdered the ex chief justice on video, many igbos denied it
When ipob has been murdering royal chiefs, many igbos denied it
When ipob murdered sit-at-home defaulters, many Igbos denied it
Now they murdered an Igbo woman and her husband in the presence of her mother and daughter. You all are still denying it
Don't worry, this sweet wey Ipob dey share go soon reach everybody.
And if you believe the denials. You should refund your parents/guardians every dime spent on your education from nursery to tertiary. No education can redeem you.

4 Likes

Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by TheWolfen(m): 9:46pm On May 10, 2022
Pathetic
Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by TheWolfen(m): 9:55pm On May 10, 2022
Creamypie:
And some useless IPob youths the claimed it didnt happen in IMO. Imagine d pain in the woman's eyes when the knife cut her oesophagus in two. her eyes even blinked for a second after they put her head on her chest after decapitation.it shall never be well with all ipob supporters and their families . Please make them behead KANU on live TV, if possible. Cawards, thats y they are u.g.m. some idiots here at Asaba dey yarn anyhow. I challenge them to come out make we meet face to face. Dem dey give excuses. I took live pics of oduke, bonsaac markets that run from morning till night and were running as at pix time.

The killers and every other persons who indirectly has hand in this are already cursed. Those supporting this great evil are curse too

1 Like

Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by Ohizman73(m): 6:52am On May 11, 2022
Very unfortunate circumstances the said info came from the BBC pidgin service and is one of the credible news sources that have shed light on very unfortunate incident.Which circumstances are still very unclear with the motive of the barbaric act.As the killers are yet to be apprehended despite all assurances from the President himself.I posted a related thread on the very issue (https://www.nairaland.com/7119554/bbc-pidgin-tori-beheaded-army ). What is unclear is that was the mother and daughter that were traveling with them and abducted also spared and not killed alongside them.Because in the video there was no focus an them as if they were in the scene when the killing took place or even sign as wailing from the mother and daughter seeing the killings taken place infront of them. So to say they were spared to live to tell the tale unlike the other relatives traveling with them who were also killed and were seen in the video lying in the shallow grave.If the mother was spared she is the only one that should be able to help investigators with credible leads to apprehend the killers.Which is everybodys wish.
Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by triple996(m): 1:51pm On May 11, 2022
Ipob are fighting 4 ibos bt they end up slaughtering the very people they are fighting 4 cheesy
Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 11, 2022
Neddstark:
When Ipob murdered Dr. Akunyili, they denied it
When Ipob murdered the ex chief justice on video, many igbos denied it
When ipob has been murdering royal chiefs, many igbos denied it
When ipob murdered sit-at-home defaulters, many Igbos denied it
Now they murdered an Igbo woman and her husband in the presence of her mother and daughter. You all are still denying it
Don't worry, this sweet wey Ipob dey share go soon reach everybody.
And if you believe the denials. You should refund your parents/guardians every dime spent on your education from nursery to tertiary. No education can redeem you.
Such denials was a trend in the North when Jonathan was the President too. You should expect the same trend in the East since Buhari is the President.
Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by back2sender: 2:49pm On May 11, 2022
Very painful, i pray they catch this evil people and deal with them ruthlessly.
Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 11, 2022
ExAngel007:
A family member has narrated the circumstances
surrounding the killing of Gloria Matthew and Linus Audu, an army couple who were reportedly beheaded in Imo state.

TheCable had earlier reported that Gloria and Audu were said to be on their way to “fulfil the traditional rites for their
wedding” when they were attacked.

Speaking to the BBC disinformation unit, the family member said the duo were attacked by four armed persons at an area not far from Banana junction in Orlu, Imo state.

“It happened around 3pm. They were travelling to Nkwerre
from Lagos,” BBC quoted the family source as saying.

The wedding was said to have been fixed for May 2 at
Nkwerre LGA of Imo state.

“Audu is from southern Kaduna but he lives in Makurdi. Gloria is based in Sokoto. They arrived in Lagos from Kaduna on the 26th of April to pick up Gloria’s mum so that they can travel together for the traditional marriage rites,” the source said.

The source wasn’t, however, sure if the attack happened on
April 30 or May 1, but added that the photograph of Gloria’s
corpse was posted on her WhatsApp status on May 1.

“They killed Linus’ relatives that day. The leader of the armed men ordered them (gunmen) to shoot. They killed them (the couple) in front of Gloria’s 10-year-old daughter and her mum,” the source said.

The army had also confirmed the killing of the couple, adding that efforts are on to apprehend the perpetrators.

President Muhammadu Buhari had, in a statement issued on May 4, described the beheading of the soldiers as “barbaric”.

Describing the incident as “unacceptable”, Buhari added that security agencies have been directed to “do their utmost in apprehending the perpetrators of these barbaric acts and bring them to justice”.

https://www.thecable.ng/imo-attack-gunmen-killed-army-couple-in-front-of-brides-mum-says-relative/amp
I don’t believe this story because I saw. A viral video where they were both alive and beheaded and her pussy was sliced off like a big meat . There were two other corpse and it seems they were in a bush
Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by Fadafada231(m): 7:29pm On May 11, 2022
Ohizman73:
Very unfortunate circumstances the said info came from the BBC pidgin service and is one of the credible news sources that have shed light on very unfortunate incident.Which circumstances are still very unclear with the motive of the barbaric act.As the killers are yet to be apprehended despite all assurances from the President himself.I posted a related thread on the very issue (https://www.nairaland.com/7119554/bbc-pidgin-tori-beheaded-army ). What is unclear is that was the mother and daughter that were traveling with them and abducted also spared and not killed alongside them.Because in the video there was no focus an them as if they were in the scene when the killing took place or even sign as wailing from the mother and daughter seeing the killings taken place infront of them. So to say they were spared to live to tell the tale unlike the other relatives traveling with them who were also killed and were seen in the video lying in the shallow grave.If the mother was spared she is the only one that should be able to help investigators with credible leads to apprehend the killers.Which is everybodys wish.

Guy I doubt the credibility of this whole story but if this truly happened I wish the slain soldiers RIP. My doubt is because no family has come out openly to declare that their family members were gruesomely murdered or said about this killing. Pls my question is have you see any family videos in South East that came out openly to mention this? I think something is amiss somewhere or group of people are trying to blemish the good people of Igbo or Ipob for reason best know to them
Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by ella45(m): 8:37pm On May 11, 2022
I pray they get those bastards and kill them the same way in front of their family bastard dey will die a miserable death
Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by Ax44bdf: 8:41pm On May 11, 2022
I'm hosting a Free Whatsap group class in regards to Domain flipping..

Let me teach you How to make sustainable cash income for yourself easily by reselling expired domain name's online including the tools to get you started too..

If you're interested, send a text via whatsaaap to the number in my signature, personal text or Profile...

It is Free!
See You At The Top and Thank me Later.

Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by Chimaraymond455: 9:03pm On May 11, 2022
from lagos again??
is not longer from makodi?

Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by Chimaraymond455: 9:05pm On May 11, 2022
from lagos again??
is not longer from makodi?
what is her Igbo name??
Family name?? Or suname
Which community or village in nkwerre??

Re: Imo Attack: Gunmen Killed Army Couple In Front Of Bride’s Mum And Daughter by Ohizman73(m): 3:56am On May 12, 2022
Fadafada231:

Guy I doubt the credibility of this whole story but if this truly happened I wish the slain soldiers RIP. My doubt is because no family has come out openly to declare that their family members were gruesomely murdered or said about this killing. Pls my question is have you see any family videos in South East that came out openly to mention this? I think something is amiss somewhere or group of people are trying to blemish the good people of Igbo or Ipob for reason best know to them

THE slaying of the army couple did occur as i saw a short video clip of the gruesome killings. But i doubt the BBC story of her mother and child been at the scence of the incident.I too was surprised that there was no family that has since come out to narrate to the whole world what really happened.Till date there as been no precise information from the Nigerian press nobody has gone to trace the actual village the traditional marriage was to take place and locate the girls family house .Information on the other two male victims in a shallow grave has been sketchy on their indentity .i begin to wonder if they dont have families that would cry out that their loved ones were among the army couple killed. even their said travel schedule and were the attack took place has been a subject of heated controversy on this forum. Nobody can say whether they were travelling on public transport or their private vehicle. At least there should have been witnesses to give credible information. then if traveling with their private vehicle has the vehicle been located.There is so much enigma on the issue. if not that i watched the video i would have been skeptical of the story myself. alot doesnt add up.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO - Unknown Clergymen Burn Bible & Denounce Jesus In A New Viral Video / Warri Girl Went To See Slain Robber, Turned Out He Was Her Bf / Girl Raped And Tortured To Death With Huge Wood Inserted In Her Privates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.