Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,002 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle (854 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2006 Vs. Toyota Matrix 2005: Which Should I Buy / Help! Every Attempt To Make My Car (mazda) To Steam (rev On Idle) Failed / I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by bisi12004: 3:39am On May 11, 2022
Please I need help on how to solve these error codes P0301,P0302,P0303 and P0304.

I just bought the car and I have used the car for almost 3 weeks without any problem. I took it to a mechanic workshop just to do one of two things that are necessary like security, bearing . When I got there to pick up the car now discovered that the car was not working well the way it was before taking it to the mechanic workshop. Misfired on idle and I ran the scan and brought up these error codes. Thanks
Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by osato45: 3:51am On May 11, 2022
bisi12004:
Please I need help on how to solve these error codes P0301,P0302,P0303 and P0304.

I just bought the car and I have used the car for almost 3 weeks without any problem. I took it to a mechanic workshop just to do one of two things that are necessary like security, bearing . When I got there to pick up the car now discovered that the car was not working well the way it was before taking it to the mechanic workshop. Misfired on idle and I ran the scan and brought up these error codes. Thanks
you might want to get genuine spark plugs meant for your car and change the ones currently in it, browse online or check your car manual and find out the right specs of plugs meant for your car
Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by bisi12004: 4:09am On May 11, 2022
I have bought 4 new spark plugs (iridium)
Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by fineboynl(m): 9:39am On May 11, 2022
What about plug wire.
Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by diportivo: 9:56am On May 11, 2022
fineboynl:
What about plug wire.

you have started again angry

plug wire on a matrix?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by diportivo: 9:58am On May 11, 2022
bisi12004:

all ur cylinders are misfiring....I'm curious because it happened after the vehicle was worked on

the work will probably have to be reworked,and most likely reversed.u must startfrom what was last done on the vehicle....

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by aieromon(m): 10:27am On May 11, 2022
bisi12004:

Kazeem on the beat. What type of work did he do? Be specific.

bisi12004:
I have bought 4 new spark plugs (iridium)

I hope you bought original plugs. If you gave the money to the mechanic to purchase for you, OYO is your case. If you won't be there when the replacement is done, double OYO for you.
Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by homeboy205: 11:20am On May 11, 2022
You sure say the mechanic never thief your Tokunbo coil for Nigerian used own…

That is the only explanation to all cylinder misfiring without any other code…

I bet he want to sell those coil back to you at the end of the day…

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by Dozieson(m): 11:52am On May 11, 2022
homeboy205:
You sure say the mechanic never thief your Tokunbo coil for Nigerian used own…

That is the only explanation to all cylinder misfiring without any other code…

I bet he want to sell those coil back to you at the end of the day…

My suspect. Either he has removed the original coils or plugs. The mechanic is a big thief.

What kind of bearing work was done?
Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by fineboynl(m): 3:27pm On May 11, 2022
diportivo:

the coil I was referring to.
Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by EngRichie: 5:30pm On May 11, 2022
Check whether a vacuum hose was disconnected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by bisi12004: 6:58pm On May 11, 2022
aieromon:

Kazeem on the beat. What type of work did he do? Be specific.

I hope you bought original plugs. If you gave the money to the mechanic to purchase for you, OYO is your case. If you won't be there when the replacement is done, double OYO for you.
I bought the spark plugs by myself. It was after I noticed the guy whom I believed he won't do bad things for me now turned a thief. The guy has been my mechanic for the past few years and I drove the car to his workshop by myself. I told him that I was hearing some noise at the back when moving and the technician to install the security system and I left the car with him based on the trust I had in him.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by bonnyhope: 7:41pm On May 11, 2022
bisi12004:
I bought the spark plugs by myself. It was after I noticed the guy whom I believed he won't do bad things for me now turned a thief. The guy has been my mechanic for the past few years and I drove the car to his workshop by myself. I told him that I was hearing some noise at the back when moving and the technician to install the security system and I left the car with him based on the trust I had in him.

Don't trust anyone especially these handwork people

1 Like

Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:41pm On May 12, 2022
bisi12004:

Service the nozzles, check air flow meters.. make sure the coils to plugs are not retaining voltage as well

diportivo:

Coil he must have meant

@GAZZUZZ @NUREY.. HELP HIM OUT
Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:57pm On May 12, 2022
bisi12004:

take a pic of the engine.
Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:59pm On May 12, 2022
EngRichie:

Smart man
Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by homeboy205: 7:56pm On May 12, 2022
EngRichie:

Asking respectfully: I thought disconnection of vacuum hose should bring Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire along with the whole cylinder misfire
Re: Toyota Matrix 2005 Misfired On Idle by davessales039(m): 10:54pm On May 12, 2022
I'm just stopping by to advise all new owners of vehicles...

Never you leave your recently acquired vehicle at a Kazeem's workshop and go home or to the office. Never...
The kazeem will see it as if "the mosque has come to Mohammed "... In other words, as if "Ladipo has landed in his workshop"

Stay there. Let him work in your presence so you know exactly what is/was tampered with. It will make it easier for you to tackle (and/or seek solutions to) any issues that come up later (that's if any comes up).

Infact, seek advice here first before going to the Kazeem.

@OP, reply Gazzuzz with the requested pic asap.
You may need to go recover any stolen parts later... but make sure to avoid that kazeem after that.

All the best.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Very Sound Car For Monthly Payment Of 130k / Honda Bullet!!! / Mercedes-benz CLA-45 AMG Racing Concept First Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.