Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,150 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary (1569 Views)

APC Aspirants May Opt For Consensus As Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Tinubu, Amaechi / Consensus: Why Presidential Aspirants May Contest Against Buhari’s Choice -Sagay / 2019: EU, US, UK & Saudi Arabia Ask Buhari Not To Contest; APC Considers Kingibe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Validated: 7:13am On May 11, 2022
With the feelers from the National Working Committe of APC, and the presidency, only 4 candidates may be contesting the APC presidential primary. That is if there will be any presidential primary as aspirants are made to sign withrawal clause. The four are:

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, who would be backed by 28 aspirants, having voluntarily withdrawn or pressured to withdraw, would give their support to Jonathan

Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who would not accept to stepdown, but would be roundly defeated.

Kayode Fayemi, just to prove a point, that he holds Ekiti firmly.

Yemi Osinbajo, would not stepdown for the fact it would be a political suicide.

The North is determined to win it for Jonathan, simple and square. As of now, Jonathan already has 5 states delegates (3 in the North and 2 SS states), without even consulting. In the next couple of weeks, all of SS, SE, NE, NC and 6 of NW states would be queueing behind Jonathan. Thereby leaving Tinubu, Osinbajo and Fayemi to share SW delegates.

3 Likes

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by espn(m): 7:18am On May 11, 2022
Rubbish...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Validated: 7:19am On May 11, 2022
espn:
Rubbish...
You said more before Adamu took over.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Nobody: 7:26am On May 11, 2022
espn:
Rubbish...

Seconded. The thinking of some Nigerians always leaves me shaking my head. Can Nigerians not support individuals without then demanding the impossible will happen to favour the person they support?

Imagine the idiocy of saying 28 candidates will reject their own core APC men to back new entrant GEJ?

APC do not have competent leaders in their ranks and must now settle on the same man they formed the APC to remove from office?

I will slap my 8 yead old son if he dares to think this lazily and this unintelligently.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Nobody: 7:28am On May 11, 2022
Validated:

You said more before Adamu took over.

Oga abeg shut up. Support your GEJ. Yet you do not need to make a fool of yourself because of that. Your thinking is grossly r.etarded.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Valkrie: 7:31am On May 11, 2022
Dsalvo:

Seconded. The thinking of some Nigerians always leaves me shaking my head. Can Nigerians not support individuals without then demanding the impossible will happen to favour the person they support?

Imagine the idiocy of saying 28 candidates will reject their own core APC men to back new entrant GEJ?

APC do not have competent leaders in their ranks and must now settle on the same man they formed the APC to remove from office?

I will slap my 8 yead old son if he dares to think this lazily and this unintelligently.

Oga...how far with the current APC chairmen who is a former PDP man?

There is a reason they ask all of them to sign the withdrawal form...once decision is reached and they announce anybody's withdrawal, he can't go to court cos his voluntary withdrawal form is there signed and sealed by himself...!! grin

And if you do strong head...EFCC is there to tear your yansh open...!! grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Ttalk: 7:34am On May 11, 2022
Dsalvo:

Oga abeg shut up. Support your GEJ. Yet you do not need to make a fool of yourself because of that. Your thinking is grossly r.etarded.

I don't know whether there is any reward for being foolish. How can OP just wake up and start making fool of himself, oh, I forgot foolishness is now being spread in some quarters like Covid 19. Shame

2 Likes

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by system21: 7:40am On May 11, 2022
Rubbish. Those pushing Jonathan to go and contest apc primary want to push him to his political suicide

1 Like

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Mkpurumiriaddic(f): 7:50am On May 11, 2022
Validated:
With the feelers from the National Working Committe of APC, and the presidency, only 4 candidates may be contesting the APC presidential primary. That is if there will be any presidential primary as aspirants are made to sign withrawal clause. The four are:

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, who would be backed by 28 aspirants, having voluntarily withdrawn or pressured to withdraw, would give their support to Jonathan

Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who would not accept to stepdown, but would be roundly defeated.

[s]The North is determined to win it for Jonathan, [/s]simple and square. As of now, Jonathan already has 5 states delegates (3 in the North and 2 SS states), without even consulting. In the next couple of weeks, all of SS, SE, NE, NC and 6 of NW states would be queueing behind Jonathan. Thereby leaving Tinubu, Osinbajo and Fayemi to share SW delegates.

Stop saying nonsense,when did we hold meeting and told you that we're working for Jonathan?the fact some elements in North want Jonathan mean we all want Jonathan? majority of North are with jagaban and there's nothing you can do to change that.we are not a betrayer like you people down south and we won't betray our trusted ally.choke on that.

1 Like

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by 3ple9ine(m): 7:52am On May 11, 2022
So 28 people who withdraw to support GEJ.
I think OP should mention the 28 people.

2 Likes

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Nigerialabalaba: 7:52am On May 11, 2022
Omo Ibo OP, u don forget somebody o, Yahaya Bello wey ur ibo leaders gbadun

2 Likes

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Nigerialabalaba: 7:54am On May 11, 2022
3ple9ine:
So 28 people who withdraw to support GEJ.

I think OP should mention the 28 people.
no mind d omo ibo OP. Dem dey decieve demselves. Na dem daddy Atiku dem go settle for las las. u go see say I talk am.

2 Likes

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by abobote: 7:55am On May 11, 2022
Rubbish, not a fan of Tinubu, but its obvious he will get APC ticket. And only Atiku can give him a tough fight

2 Likes

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by helinues: 7:56am On May 11, 2022
We have so many uninformed political analysts in Nigeria...

Why should GEJ contest APC presidential ticket? is he still eligible to vye after the amended constitution regarding election in Nigeria?

Where would GEJ start from when the primary is almost here? Who are his true friends and legit allies in Apc that will work for him?

Do GEJ have the financial strength to contest the primary not to talk of the main election?

Are you saying If Tinubu defect to Pdp tomorrow, he can still win the Pdp presidential ticket?

Make you people dey try and reason things through before rushing to drop them online

3 Likes

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Mkpurumiriaddic(f): 8:01am On May 11, 2022
helinues:
We have so many uninformed political analysts in Nigeria...

Why should GEJ contest APC presidential ticket? is he still eligible to vye after the amended constitution regarding election in Nigeria?

Where would GEJ start from when the primary is almost here? Who are his true friends and legit allies in Apc that will work for him?

Do GEJ have the financial strength to contest the primary not to talk of the main election?

Are you saying If Tinubu defect to Pdp tomorrow, he can still win the Pdp presidential ticket?

Make you people dey try and reason things through before rushing to drop them online

Mkpurumiri don't allow people to reason, please don't try to reason with them least they turn you to ofe nsalagrin.nigeria still need patriotic being like you.

3 Likes

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by espn(m): 8:03am On May 11, 2022
Dsalvo:

Funny enough they are very good at changing stance and inciting violence if thing don't go their way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Nobody: 8:03am On May 11, 2022
Validated:

The North is determined to win it for Jonathan, simple and square. As of now, Jonathan already has 5 states delegates (3 in the North and 2 SS states), without even consulting. In the next couple of weeks, all of SS, SE, NE, NC and 6 of NW states would be queueing behind Jonathan. Thereby leaving Tinubu, Osinbajo and Fayemi to share SW delegates.
The north with their no's ll incure the wrath of the southwest and that ll create their destruction politically irrespective of their nos.
I don't give a damn about the north.
Their manipulation is annoying. And they must stop. Very rude & vagabond set of people.

1 Like

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by helinues: 8:03am On May 11, 2022
Mkpurumiriaddic:

Mkpurumiri don't allow people to reason, please don't try to reason with them least they turn you to ofe nsalagrin.nigeria still need patriotic being like you.

Like those people are just politically naive... They don't even have any strategy, election is less than a year yet they are yet to come up with who to support not to talk of start campaigning for them.. Which kind politics of no bearing is that?

1 Like

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Mkpurumiriaddic(f): 8:09am On May 11, 2022
helinues:

Like those people are just politically naive... They don't even have any strategy, election is less than a year yet they are yet to come up with who to support not to talk of start campaigning for them.. Which kind politics of no bearing is that?
Their major problem for now is Yoruba,they used good eight years to abuse Fulani and hausa,they call us different unprinted name and election is around the corner now,they are finding they lost Ally,North we pay them back in their coin,they think we've forgot all the name calling.

3 Likes

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Ttalk: 8:23am On May 11, 2022
Sweetplum:

The north with their no's ll incure the wrath of the southwest and that ll create their destruction politically irrespective of their nos.
Their manipulation is annoying. And they must stop. Very rude & vagabond set of people.

My sister, there is no any North in the north. It's just a stereotype and foolish inferiority complex taken too far by Southerners especially some gullibles from SE.

North is made up of so many tribes and the unifying factor in terms of religion is no longer there, no thanks to BH and Bandit.

If some few miscreants from the north is scheming and being manipulative doesn't mean it's the agreement of entire north. The main problems are some useless southerners that have sold their destiny to their Fulani master and are not man enough to demand for what they deserve instead of their bigotry and jealousy of region that is taking it's stand in Nigeria political turf

1 Like

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by jyz200(m): 8:40am On May 11, 2022
Validated:

Your level of reasoning is poor

2 Likes

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by ChoCho54(f): 9:01am On May 11, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Omo Ibo OP, u don forget somebody o, Yahaya Bello wey ur ibo leaders gbadun
I didn't want to involve myself in your childish fantasies but you should really take a back seat.

Ondo women defied heavy downpour to welcome Yaya Bello to the state but because you see giant Igbos in your dreams, you must regurgitate nonsense.
Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Nobody: 9:22am On May 11, 2022
Sweetplum:

Don't let the actions of a few instigate you against Northerners.

What we are seeing today is the antics of a few dishonorable and supremacists Northerners who thoroughly fear independent-minded Southerners.

Don't let the actions of those few distort the big picture for you. How many respected Northern leaders, knowing fully well what the Presidency is planning directly and by proxy, have openly come out to declare 100% support for Tinubu while warning that the North should be honorable?

IPOBians are the ones driving the agenda of hate and division online, using half-truths and outright lies, because they know they will get nothing from 2023.

Their participation is therefore limited to ensuring Yorubas best hands, capable of becoming President, are frustrated.

The Presidency cabal behind all we are seeing does not even have the support of 10% of Northerners in the APC because many believe Tinubu has been a solid and benevolent ally of the North who deserves absolute respect and support in return.

Many Northerners have stood up for Tinubu, in defiance of Buhari, and warned about plans afoot against him.

They have even left APC like Senator Hanga. See below, from Senator Hanga a long-term CPC to APC stalwart of Buhari, to note that a lot of savvy Northerner know what's up. Let us see how it goes.

https://independent.ng/tinubu-completely-sidelined-suffering-silently-in-apc-senator-hanga/

Tinubu Completely Sidelined, Suffering Silently In APC – Senator Hanga

FEATUREDLATEST NEWSPOLITICS
By Temidayo Akinsuyi On Dec 3, 2021

LAGOS – Pioneer national chairman of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) and former chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Rufai Hanga, on Friday said Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former Lagos state governor and APC national leader, is suffering silently within the party.

Hanga, who disclosed to DAILY INDEPENDENT that he has resigned his membership of the party, also said Tinubu is still standing strong today despite all the humiliation he has suffered in the APC because he is ‘super-human’.

He said an ordinary person would have collapsed long ago if faced with the kind of treatment meted to Tinubu in the party.

Also speaking on why he dumped the APC, Hanga said there is no way the APC will survive an implosion in the coming days with the various cracks and divisions in the party.

“You don’t abandon a house you built but there are times when you have to abandon it. When you build a house and the house is cracking and you did everything to amend it but all your efforts are futile. When you see it collapsing on you, what do you do? Will you wait for it to collapse on you?

“No sane person will wait for the house to collapse on him, you will run away. That is what I have done by dumping the APC. I walked away from the party because I know the house is collapsing and I don’t want it to collapse on me.

“All this while, we did our best to mend all the cracks but unfortunately, I think it is not amendable. Nobody can remedy what is happening in APC now. There are people in the party who have suffered in the party and laboured financially even more than me. If they can be suffering like this under APC, then who else is spared?

“Look at how Asiwaju Tinubu is suffering in APC silently. He is completely sidelined. Just because the man is a super-human that is why he is still standing. If he were an ordinary human being, he would have collapsed. He has really endured a lot. That is why he is overcoming so many things. So, if people like Tinubu can be going through suffering despite his role in the formation of APC, who am I?”

1 Like

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Nobody: 9:25am On May 11, 2022
Dsalvo:

Don't let the actions of a few instigate you against Northerners.

What we are seeing today is the antics of a few dishonorable and supremacists Northerners who thoroughly fear independent-minded Southerners.

Don't let the actions of those few distort the big picture for you. How many respected Northern leaders, knowing fully well what the Presidency is planning directly and by proxy, have openly come out to declare 100% support for Tinubu while warning that the North should be honorable?

IPOBians are the ones driving the agenda of hate and division here, using half-truths and outright lies, because they know they will geg nothing from 2023.

Their participation is therefore limited to ensuring Yorubas best hands, capable of becoming President, are frustrated. The Presidency cabal behind all we are seeing does not even have the support of 10% of Northerners in the APC because many believe Tinubu has been a solid and benevole t ally of the North who deserves absolutr respect and support in return.

Many Northerners have stood up for Tinubu, in defiance of Buhari, and warned about plans afoot against him.

They have even keft APC like Senator Hanga. See below, from Senator Hanga a long-term CPC to APC stalwart of Buhari, to note that a lot of savvy Northerner know what's up. Let us see how it goes.

https://independent.ng/tinubu-completely-sidelined-suffering-silently-in-apc-senator-hanga/

You are right. Make I save my anger to those who really deserve it.

3 Likes

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by IgOga(m): 9:28am On May 11, 2022
Validated:

grin grin you even know who will win and loose....go back to sleep

2 Likes

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by drlateef: 9:46am On May 11, 2022
Validated:

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, who would be backed by 28 aspirants, having voluntarily withdrawn or pressured to withdraw, would give their support to Jonatha

OP you must have drank mkpurum mirin early this morning. Everyone in APC knows that there are two possibilities: consensus, where Jonathan would be forced on others and he will split and destroy the party. Another barrage of lawsuits will be placed against him in order to test the new amendment of electoral Act which is unclear about the retrospective application. He risk being disqualified and APC may not have a replacement and may end up not having a presidential candidate. He will definitely lose the election as well if he scales through the hurdles of the court. The second option is indirect primary which Buhari has promised all aspirants. Facts on ground is that Tinubu will win virtually all of the northern NIGERIA and most of southwest votes. He will pick votes here and there in southeast and win the whole south south. So definitely Tinubu will win this primary in a landslide. He will most likely win the general election too depending on how hard the campaign is done. These are the facts, not opinions.

2 Likes

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Reality3080: 9:47am On May 11, 2022
Dsalvo:

igbos have shown to b unwise lately,their hatred for tinubu is exposing them to b unintelligent.

Many of us use to believe they are wise but this their hatred for tinubu is really giving them out,they just say anything without deep thinking.

The same way they believe Trump will come n conduct referendum in Nigeria is d same way they believe buhari will just wake up one day n tell everyone to queue behind jonathan

1 Like

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by BlazinGlory40: 9:57am On May 11, 2022
Validated:

Oga, hear this! Jonathan isn’t going to run for President. Know this and know peace

2 Likes

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by Reality3080: 10:01am On May 11, 2022
helinues:

their strategy is hate for Yoruba n tinubu,noting more

1 Like

Re: Mark It Only 4 Aspirants May Contest APC Presidential Primary by walex2(m): 11:05am On May 11, 2022
Valkrie:

Oga...how far with the current APC chairmen who is a former PDP man?

There is a reason they ask all of them to sign the withdrawal form...once decision is reached and they announce anybody's withdrawal, he can't go to court cos his voluntary withdrawal form is there signed and sealed by himself...!! grin

And if you do strong head...EFCC is there to tear your yansh open...!! grin
stop being deluded the National secretary said is not compulsory for any aspirant to sign the withdrawal form, how can you ask me to withdraw after paying 100m pls let me ask you, who will ask Tinubu to withdraw and secondly withdrawing for who? Grow up and think better

(1) (2) (Reply)

Names Of Town That Made Up Of Ekiti State / IPOB Banned Any MEGA Political Rally In South East / Is Tinubu and His supporters Safe In The South East?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.