Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,776 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:06 PM

I Need Information On My Ford Explorer Sport Gear-box Urgently. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Need Information On My Ford Explorer Sport Gear-box Urgently. (1651 Views)

2001 FORD EXPLORER SPORT Wagon 2 Door /PRICE REDUCED / 4x4 LAGOS Cleared 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac **IN JOS** N1.8million / Registered Very Clean 2001 Ford Explorer Sport For Sale - N700k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Information On My Ford Explorer Sport Gear-box Urgently. by Jolomsguy(m): 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2011
I need advice on what to do next.
The last Sunday Lagos flood affected my gearbox while driving through a large pool of water over a period of time… the overdrive indicator in the dashboard began to blink that now raise my suspicious that water have sipped into the gearbox.
Now, we have drain off the entire contents (ATF/Water) from the gear-box, the indicator has stopped bilking but the movement is sluggish not sharp anymore has it was.

Please advise me;
1. Do I go for another box?
2. If yes, how much is it?
3. Is it possible to be fixed?
4. If yes, by who and where?
5. , or better still, what would who you want me to do?

Thank you

Jolomsguy

1 Like

Re: I Need Information On My Ford Explorer Sport Gear-box Urgently. by sultaan(m): 2:49am On Jul 13, 2011
What type of transmission fluid did you use to refill your gear box?

You have to use Mercon V, drain and refill twice on transmission fluid, drain refill your engine oil check your defferential fluids, if its a 4x4 check your transfer case too.

Good luck
Re: I Need Information On My Ford Explorer Sport Gear-box Urgently. by emmalated(m): 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2011
Hello,
Please where can I get a good/reliable transmission mech for 2001 toyota camry here in Lagos (ojota)?.
My gears D & R would not respond when selected.
Re: I Need Information On My Ford Explorer Sport Gear-box Urgently. by Jolomsguy(m): 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2011
My brother, many thanks for this great information given.

Have actually drain the ATF and refill with a fresh one (ABRO) and the gear is still the same.
We have also drained the engine oil and refill with Mobil 1 which have been using B4.
The transmission system is 2X2 and not 4X4

Do we have different oil for the differential system? Is yes, where do we fill it into and what type of oil is required?
Where do we also check the transfer case? And what do we look out for in there?
Where can I get the Mercon V fluid?

Regards.

Jolomsguy

Re: I Need Information On My Ford Explorer Sport Gear-box Urgently.
« #1 on: Yesterday at 02:49:34 AM » -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What type of transmission fluid did you use to refill your gear box?
You have to use Mercon V, drain and refill twice on transmission fluid, drain refill your engine oil check your defferential fluids, if its a 4x4 check your transfer case too.
Good luck
Re: I Need Information On My Ford Explorer Sport Gear-box Urgently. by sultaan(m): 3:23am On Jul 15, 2011
I didn't know Abro, was made in USA, never seen their products on any shelf.

Look at the link, and the transmission fluids your gearson there states Type A, Dextron (III)

Not having any spec on their products is not good because you need to match manufacturer spec with product spec.

http://www.abro.com/products/automotive/service-products/?product=31

Differential is that metal ball on your rear axle/ you just want to check if water got in it before it gets whipped up to froth and mess up the gears.
Re: I Need Information On My Ford Explorer Sport Gear-box Urgently. by Jolomsguy(m): 6:38pm On Jul 18, 2011
We are still on it o,

I will get back to you ASAP.

Regards
Re: I Need Information On My Ford Explorer Sport Gear-box Urgently. by Gearmasterno1: 4:42pm On Nov 28, 2011
Call dis number now and ask or tell us your GEAR PROBLEMS FOR SOLUTION OR ADVISE

Mr. Gani 08023245831

our workshop is located @ allen opebi link rd under bridge, oregun ikeja lagos

(1) (Reply)

Chrysler 300 FOR SALE.....PRICE N2.850m / . / Honda Baby Boy 99\00 Quick Sale SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.