Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite (24759 Views)

Niger Military To Prosecute Mohamed Bazoum For ‘High Treason’ As Sanctions Bite / Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite / Mark Esper To Resign As Trump's Defense Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Igbofam2: 10:27am On May 11, 2022
May 10 (Reuters) - Four Russian regional governors resigned on Tuesday as the country braces for the impact of economic sanctions.

The heads of the Tomsk, Saratov, Kirov and Mari El regions announced their immediate departures from office, while the head of Ryazan region said he would not run for another term.

Elections are scheduled to take place in all five regions in September.

Though Russian regional governors are elected, they are politically subordinate to the Kremlin. Several of the outgoing governors represent regions where the ruling bloc United Russia took weak vote shares in parliamentary elections last year.

Unpopular governors are regularly removed from office, often submitting their resignations in clusters in the spring months.

Ilya Grashchenkov, head of the Centre for the Development of Regional Politics think tank in Moscow, said the Kremlin was removing weak governors amid a worsening economic outlook for the country, driven by Western sanctions.

Grashchenkov said: “There’s a need to restructure the economy, especially in those regions where Western economic influence had been significant. These governors need to be replaced by younger alternatives.”

The Russian economy is set to contract by 8.8% in 2022, the economy ministry has said

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/four-russian-governors-resign-sanctions-bite-2022-05-10/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Igbofam2: 10:28am On May 11, 2022
E don dey Zeh... grin

Zaazuu Zehhh grin grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Teazerr4: 10:31am On May 11, 2022
How many Colonels are gonna die today?
I Dey wait make you update the livescores ….

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Teazerr4: 10:37am On May 11, 2022
There’s nothing to jubilate about here….they will be replaced….. I still don’t understand how this wan take be good news for una on the west side o…. Even the article clearly states that, they are politically subordinate to the Kremlin. They’re are useless like Nigerian local government chairmen grin grin

Abeg make yu refresh livescores on dead Russian colonels oo

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Igbofam2: 10:42am On May 11, 2022
Teazerr4:
There’s nothing to jubilate about here….they will be replaced….. I still don’t understand how this wan take be good news for una on the west oooo…. Even the article clearly states that, they are politically subordinate to the Kremlin. They’re are useless like Nigerian local government chairmen grin grin

You are back again with your comedy grin

Everyone knows they will be replaced but did they resign or not is the question? grin

Oh and by the way 3 days ago Russia lost 2 Majors in their army to Ukrainian forces grin

I am expecting more today. In the areas where Majors are in charge they get taken out while in the areas Colonels are in charge they also get taken out grin

This is a war of intelligence and not just random shootings at civilians

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by SEXONLY: 10:46am On May 11, 2022
Thanks for dis info. grin grin grin grin

Teazerr4:
There’s nothing to jubilate about here….they will be replaced….. I still don’t understand how this wan take be good news for una on the west oooo…. Even the article clearly states that, they are politically subordinate to the Kremlin. They’re are useless like Nigerian local government chairmen grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Toktee(m): 10:50am On May 11, 2022
Igbofam2:

May 10 (Reuters) - Four Russian regional governors resigned on Tuesday as the country braces for the impact of economic sanctions.

The heads of the Tomsk, Saratov, Kirov and Mari El regions announced their immediate departures from office, while the head of Ryazan region said he would not run for another term.

Elections are scheduled to take place in all five regions in September.

Though Russian regional governors are elected, they are politically subordinate to the Kremlin. Several of the outgoing governors represent regions where the ruling bloc United Russia took weak vote shares in parliamentary elections last year.

Unpopular governors are regularly removed from office, often submitting their resignations in clusters in the spring months.

Ilya Grashchenkov, head of the Centre for the Development of Regional Politics think tank in Moscow, said the Kremlin was removing weak governors amid a worsening economic outlook for the country, driven by Western sanctions.

Grashchenkov said: “There’s a need to restructure the economy, especially in those regions where Western economic influence had been significant. These governors need to be replaced by younger alternatives.”

The Russian economy is set to contract by 8.8% in 2022, the economy ministry has said

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/four-russian-governors-resign-sanctions-bite-2022-05-10/

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun
Good News.... Holy Ghost scattered them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Teazerr4: 10:54am On May 11, 2022
Igbofam2:

You are back again with your comedy grin

Everyone knows they will be replaced but did they resign or not is the question? grin

Oh and by the way 3 days ago Russia lost 2 Majors in their army to Ukrainian forces grin

I am expecting more today. In the areas where Majors are in charge they get taken out while in the areas Colonels are in charge they also get taken out grin

This is a war of intelligence and not just random shootings at civilians
Im back oh, do quick and create a new thread for fallen generals and colonel. I go Dey wait……

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Nobody: 10:54am On May 11, 2022
Teazerr4:

Baby boy, stop supporting what's not good. It's worst that smoking weed.

Last Drop:
Putin die, die, evaporate, tunda faya die!

15 Likes

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Teazerr4: 10:58am On May 11, 2022
SEXONLY:
Thanks for dis info. grin grin grin grin

bro most of em no sabi how Russia government dey work ni, those wey fit give Putin problems na the Oligarchs, na why d west Dey sanction em and freeze their assets, hopefully dem fit revolt, all these irrelevant governors, mayor, even corporations ceo na wash dem be. As at today, Putin still have the backings of the oligarchs. If dem wan end his empire na if d west successfully break the ranks of the oligarchs, for now it seems impossible. Russia no dey practice democracy, a governor in Russia is as irrelevant as Nigeria local government chairmen, na only example wey una fit relate to be that….

Stay safe bro

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Teazerr4: 10:59am On May 11, 2022
Sweetplum:

Baby boy, stop supporting what's not good. It's worst that smoking weed.

Last Drop:
are you crushing on me?
I’ve turned a new leaf, I’m done using foul languages, even if any shot here I go ignore….

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Igbofam2: 11:18am On May 11, 2022
Teazerr4:
bro most of em no sabi how Russia government dey work ni, those wey fit give Putin problems na the Oligarchs, na why d west Dey sanction em and freeze their assets, hopefully dem fit revolt, all these irrelevant governors, mayor, even corporations ceo na wash dem be. As at today, Putin still have the backings of the oligarchs. If dem wan end his empire na if d west successfully break the ranks of the oligarchs, for now it seems impossible. Russia no dey practice democracy, a governor in Russia is as irrelevant as Nigeria local government chairmen, na only example wey everyone fit relate to be that….

Stay safe bro

But the governors resigned abi Dem no resign? grin

18 Likes

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Teazerr4: 11:20am On May 11, 2022
Igbofam2:

But the governors resigned abi Dem no resign? grin

haffa I never see thread of the dead Russian colonels livescores , na 41/42 e go be today nah…

While you jubilate say some irrelevant governors resigned, more territories dey fall into our hands

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Nobody: 11:32am On May 11, 2022
Teazerr4:
are you crushing on me?
I’ve turned a new leaf, I’m done using foul languages, even if any shot here I go ignore….
Who you be wey I go crush?
Melo lara e?
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by OhMyG0d: 11:48am On May 11, 2022
Sweetplum:

Last Drop:
You mean like Biden and the axis-of-evil trying to burst Russia while in the process bursting themselves?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Nobody: 11:50am On May 11, 2022
OhMyG0d:
You mean like this?
They ll break bottle on your head now if you don't get out!

2 Likes

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by seunny4lif(m): 12:03pm On May 11, 2022
Indians already using Putin picture grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Teazerr4: 12:06pm On May 11, 2022
Sweetplum:

Who you be wey I go crush?
Melo lara e?
abi nah why I Dey ask…. Stay safe oooo

1 Like

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Teazerr4: 12:09pm On May 11, 2022
seunny4lif:
Indians already using Putin picture grin
I saw this just now…. Chai where are naija yahoo boys this na better format ooo
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by seunny4lif(m): 12:18pm On May 11, 2022
grin
I swear
Teazerr4:
I saw this just now…. Chai where are naija yahoo boys this na better format ooo

1 Like

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Mirabella01: 12:35pm On May 11, 2022
Abi this one na propaganda again

Putin's "shildren" full this forum like kilode cool

4 Likes

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by leofab(f): 2:14pm On May 11, 2022
Teazerr4:
haffa I never see thread of the dead Russian colonels livescores , na 41/42 e go be today nah…

While you jubilate say some irrelevant governors resigned, more territories dey fall into our hands
end of the year ? That’s if Russia will still
Be existing as an entity then tongue

3 Likes

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by jimetagambo: 3:47pm On May 11, 2022
grin grin grin grin

Nice one.

Me I am just waiting for hire to get rid of Nazis in Russia.

4 Likes

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by bigdammyj: 4:16pm On May 11, 2022
Okay
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by oluseyiforjesus(m): 4:16pm On May 11, 2022
Putin will loose ds war

2 Likes

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:16pm On May 11, 2022
post=112729223:

Putin, end this WAR now.
All we want in our world is peace and more peace.
Let's make Love, not WAR.
Peace shall reign in our world �

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by OgunleyeA1: 4:16pm On May 11, 2022
hmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Conduct Airstrikes On Iranian Backed Terrorist Groups / President Jammeh Using Nigerian Judges To Undermine Justice,Says Gambian Lawyers / Why Argentina Devalued Its Currency, Jacked Up Interest Rates To 118%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.