Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,408 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 (31912 Views)

Buhari: All Kidnapped Children Will Be Freed / Buhari All Smiles As He Hosts Daura Title Holders At His Country Home (photos) / Atiku And Buhari All Smiles, Shake Hands At Peace Accord Signing (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by aribisala0(m): 1:36pm On May 11, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

No, I want Professor of F9 like you to explain wetin Unconstitutional mean
You should stick to things you understand. Half knowledge is worse than no knowledge.

There is a difference between offering an opinion and issuing a ruling that is enforceable

If a court wants something to happen it gives orders.

So go and study the orders that the court gave not the opinions it expressed
If a court is not asked for something it won't give it.

The effect of the judgment is that the law stands until it is overturned, of course the opinion of that court would influence a lower court but it is not a ruling or order.

Let me give you another example Lagos State government created additional LGAs , the Supreme court stated that they were legally or lawfully created BUT it did not give any orders and so till today there is a stalemate and legal lacuna

These are all issues beyond your pedestrian knowledge. Stick to what you know

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by aribisala0(m): 1:37pm On May 11, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

You no know law. Anybody wen dis thing affect go move to any court and go con stand on wetin the appeal court talk. Na nullification of the act. Dem no need to scream am in black and white for you to understand sey dem don nullify am
You are an illiterate dunce

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by BJanta: 1:37pm On May 11, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

O, boy you dull O. Wetin you get for university. Shey na please let him go

I'll neither believe nor agree that you're hurt by the plain incontrovertible truth until I see your obituary. Please, don't keep waiting, cos I don't have the time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by osinbanjoisaliar: 1:37pm On May 11, 2022
aribisala0:
You should stick to things you understand. Half knowledge is worse than no knowledge.

There is a difference between offering an opinion and issuing a ruling that is enforceable

If a court wants something to happen it gives orders.

So go and study the orders that the court gave not the opinions it expressed
If a court is not asked for something it won't give it.

The effect of the judgment is that the law stands until it is overturned, of course the opinion of that court would influence a lower court but it is not a ruling or order.

Let me give you another example Lagos State government created additional LGAs , the Supreme court stated that they were legally or lawfully created BUT it did not give any orders and so till today there is a stalemate and legal lacuna

These are all issues beyond your pedestrian knowledge. Stick to what you know

You dull, no be small. Read my next post for clarification. Na people like you finish Tinubu ambition
Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by osinbanjoisaliar: 1:40pm On May 11, 2022
aribisala0:
You are an illiterate dunce

E clear sey na only until you see ozekhome or falana talk sey day don break before you go comot from your house. Na every week I dey go court for one matter or the other. I no wetin judge opinion mean. You no know, period

1 Like

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by osinbanjoisaliar: 1:41pm On May 11, 2022
BJanta:

I'll neither believe nor agree that you're hurt by the plain incontrovertible truth until I see your obituary. Please, don't keep waiting, cos I don't have the time.

Jesus talk sey watch your tongue. Take that one as advice
Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by aribisala0(m): 1:44pm On May 11, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

E clear sey na only until you see ozekhome or falana talk sey day don break before you go comot from your house. Na every week I dey go court for one matter or the other. I no wetin judge opinion mean. You no know, period
Guy speak English or Any Nigerian language

The technical phrase is

NON-ADJUDICATIVE OPINION. Go and research what that means in the context of

JUDICIAL OPINIONS

The court did not give an order to repeal the law rather it OVERTURNED the judgment of the lower court.

The effect is whether or not it thinks the judgment was right that the Lower court had no jurisdiction and anyone interested with Locus Standi would have to litigate de novo

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by Praktikals(m): 1:47pm On May 11, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:
Fa--fa--fa--Fowul. Appeal court just cancel that part for the electoral act.
Osinbajo hater

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by Elidrisy20: 1:48pm On May 11, 2022
Na which constitution we dey use for this con3
Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by AngelicBeing: 1:51pm On May 11, 2022
sad
Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by Triplerg: 1:53pm On May 11, 2022
dabiko:

You're the person that's wrong. Court of Appeal ruled that 84 (12) od the electoral act runs contrary to the constitution which says appointees must resign 30days to an election.
Nop, he is right. While the court of appeal ruled that section 84(12) is illegal, it's not the main appeal before it. Therefore, as it stands in the eyes of the law, section 84 has not been voided. Until it is properly challenged in the court of law, that section is still valid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by BJanta: 1:54pm On May 11, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

Jesus talk sey watch your tongue. Take that one as advice

Fake pastor, did the same LORD teach you to describe someone expressing his opinion without even mentioning your name as dull ?.If you actually know JESUS you need that counsel more than anyone else. This is just to teach you that you don't flap your mouth anyhow without considering hurt to others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by ufotunang: 1:57pm On May 11, 2022
Let them resign.if they are serious in contesting for president....so they do not use public funds to in their possession while in office to spend on their presidential ambition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by eldoradoxx: 1:57pm On May 11, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:
Fa--fa--fa--Fowl. Appeal court just cancel that part for the electoral act.
Its not about Electoral Act, in the past once a Minister was to run for office, he resigns to devote time to his political aspirations and leave governance for those not contesting. That was under the corrupt PDP Government that was voted out for the Change Government of APC.
Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by pcagbaji(m): 2:04pm On May 11, 2022
seunmsg:

It’s such a shame that poorly educated folks like you now run around on this forum. The appeal court actually set aside the judgement of the high court nullifying the part of electoral act. Read and understand issues very well begin jumping around to post ignorantly.
You are the one to read the judgement very well
While determining the appeal on the merit, the appellate court however held that the provision is unconstitutional because it violates Section 42 (1)(a) of the Constitution and denied a class of Nigerian citizens their right to participate in election.
Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by tomju2(f): 2:09pm On May 11, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
Wey all those yeye commentators wey dey argue wen I say Malami, Amaechi, Ngige and co don score home goal.
Dat appeal court ruling don sack dem because d electoral act stands.
keeping dem just one day longer na illegality so tey any document or contract dem sign on behalf of FG as 'minister' since wen appeal court stay execution on dat arrangee FHC judgement go become null and void.

Malami and co no get shame at all. shiorr.

next na dat yeye Emefiele. He go lose hin job and no go smell d apc ticket las las . nonsense unruly people gbogbo wey full everywhere for apc lists of presidential aspirants
Let's us always try to READ AND UNDERSTAND. The appeal court struck out the suit filed in Umuahia because the person who filed it lacked the locus standi to do so. So that judgement invalidating the provisions of the electoral act against political appointees does not exist. However, the appellate Court held that the particular clause in the electoral act is Unconstitutional! Now that is something the Supreme Court will rely on to build their own judgement. If they don't resign, they are not acting against any known law. The constitution says 30 days to election. So PMB is wrong to order them to resign on May 16th. On the flip side, he is a can fire them, yes but truth is, they may not resign just yet.
The next thing you'll hear will be: the president has decided the court processes should be allowed to work and resolve the case. That what the president said was merely advisory not mandatory. Watch.

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by Popesuccess(m): 2:15pm On May 11, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:
It doesn't matter, he appointed them, he can also ask them to resign electoral act or not

1 Like

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by gotnel: 2:17pm On May 11, 2022
Long overdue
Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by sokera: 2:18pm On May 11, 2022
These people are just not wise , they will lost their position and that will give Buhari opportunity to replace them with Fulani people

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by Halo22: 2:27pm On May 11, 2022
So last last Amaechi, Ngige, Malami, Sylva, Akpabio, Uche Oga et al will all resign even when they are not sure of the ticket. They are going to be without any portfolio for a complete one year, which means no last days looting.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by Brushstrokes20: 2:28pm On May 11, 2022
... And the lifeless clown just woke up undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by Tareq1105: 2:37pm On May 11, 2022
Just watch, some thieves among them would prefer to stay back to loot more and forget the political ambition.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by okorogodwin4(m): 2:39pm On May 11, 2022
Who asked the mumuministers to Resign is it the president or the presidency NDI efulefu
Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by JBimbochi: 2:47pm On May 11, 2022
Ceeman18:
Okay. Patronise us today for your power steering pump of all car models

How much do you sell power steering pump of Toyota Camry 2008?
Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by LordIsaac(m): 3:01pm On May 11, 2022
I just want Ngige to resign grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by aribisala0(m): 3:18pm On May 11, 2022
tomju2:

Let's us always try to READ AND UNDERSTAND. The appeal court struck out the suit filed in Umuahia because the person who filed it lacked the locus standi to do so. So that judgement invalidating the provisions of the electoral act against political appointees does not exist. However, the appellate Court held that the particular clause in the electoral act is Unconstitutional! Now that is something the Supreme Court will rely on to build their own judgement. If they don't resign, they are not acting against any known law. The constitution says 30 days to election. So PMB is wrong to order them to resign on May 16th. On the flip side, he is a can fire them, yes but truth is, they may not resign just yet.
The next thing you'll hear will be: the president has decided the court processes should be allowed to work and resolve the case. That what the president said was merely advisory not mandatory. Watch.
The Supreme court does not rely on lower courts to build judgment

The view that it is unconstitutional is a a Non Adjudicative opinion .
It was not an order and only has advisory force .
The efefect is that only a person or persons with locus standi can approach the courts to seek a repeal.
The Appeal court DID NOT repeal the law

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:34pm On May 11, 2022
bmdmix14:
The ones wen no trust their selves go wildraw from race

see who is talking....CRIMINALS OF NL!!!! we all know you and all your yeye begging profiles all over NL... Spolo, Spman, Skyhighweb, Adams19...before you specialized in online begging, now you've upgraded to some more yeye nonsense on NL.... cunt-e-new YOU CRIMINAL!!
Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by zionstaar75: 3:36pm On May 11, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:
appeal court set aside the ruling of the high court not the provision of the act.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 11, 2022
JBimbochi:

How much do you sell power steering pump of Toyota Camry 2008?

Its available sir. Pls chat or call us today. We're @ladipo and Onitsha.. My Number is below this reply on my profile. Thanks
Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by jrusky(m): 3:55pm On May 11, 2022
I'm waiting to see it happen. I swear I have no issue with Onu, Ngige etc but you see that Amaechi bitch I really want him to suffer. I want him to resign and still lost apc primary and became jobless. That man dey vex me with passion.
Re: Buhari: All Ministers With Political Ambitions Must Resign Before May16 by Asswipemod: 4:07pm On May 11, 2022
seunmsg:

It’s such a shame that poorly educated folks like you now run around on this forum. The appeal court actually set aside the judgement of the high court nullifying the part of electoral act. Read and understand issues very well begin jumping around to post ignorantly.

Analyst Mutairu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Resignation Letter Written By An APC Member In Rivers / Multinational Companies Exit Nigeria Amid High Operating Cost / Happening:thugs Allegedly Sponsored By Tinubu Attempt To Disrupt Lagos PDP Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.