Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Tyre & Plastic Pyrolysis Business In Nigeria - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Tyre & Plastic Pyrolysis Business In Nigeria (631 Views)

Most Profitable Business In Nigeria.......cooking Gas / Guide And Opportunities In Agro Export Business In Nigeria / White Plastic Chairs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tyre & Plastic Pyrolysis Business In Nigeria by superlado: 12:47pm On May 11, 2022
Pyrolysis business in Nigeria
In Nigeria we have a major environmental problem with the disposal of scrap tires. We have millions of cars, trucks, trailers, okada, keke, on the streets and highways in Nigeria. When we change our tires does tires end up on the side of the road, in gutters, in the canals and eventually find their ways to dumps and landfills. In the landfills they are buried or scattered and tires are a good breeding ground for mosquitos. When these tires are burnt they cause environmental issues to the community around and also to the ozone layer.

So what's the solution to this problem that scrap tires cause to the community and environment?

The solution is by recycling this scrap tires in sellable products which in turn puts money in your pocket. One of the methods is called PYROLYSIS.

Pyrolysis is a thermochemical decomposition of organic material at elevated temperatures in the absence of oxygen. It involves the simultaneous change of chemical composition and physical phase and is irreversible. The word is coined from the greek derived elements Pyro"fire" and lysis"separating".

Material that can be used for pyrolysis are tires and plastics.
Not all plastics can be used for pyrolysis.

Rubber tire pyrolysis is a technique which heats whole or shredded tires in a reactor vessel free of oxygen and heat source. In the reactor the rubber is softened after which the rubber polymers continuously breakdown into smaller molecules. These smaller molecules eventually vaporize and exit from the reactor. These vapours can be burned directly to produce power or condensed into an oily type liquid, generally used as a fuel. Some molecules are too small to be condensed, they remain as gas which can be burned as fuel.

Types of Pyrolysis machines
- Batch Type
Capacity available: 6TD, 8TD, 10TD, 12TD, 15TD
- Fully automatic continuous
Capacity available: 10T, 20T, 30T, 50T, 60T, (100TD-300TD could be made based on order).

Final Products and output rates you get from Tyre Pyrolysis
1 - Fuel oil (45-52%)
2 - Carbon black (30-35%)
3 - Steel wires (12-15%)
4 - Syn-gas (5-10%)

Tyre pyrolysis oil: is an oily organic compound, dark brown in colour and composed mainly of alkylated benzene, naphthalene, phenanthrene, n-alkanes from C11 - C24, and alkanes from C8 - C15, with quantities of nitrogen, sulphur, and oxygenated compounds. Pyrolysis oil has high calorific value.

Users of pyrolysis oil
- Industrial furnaces
- Power plants
- Boilers
- steel factories
- cement factories
- Glass factories
- Aluminium Factories
- Brick factories

Carbon black: is a grainy black amorphous solid, odourless, water insoluble, non - poisonous with a specific weight of 1.82, burning point is beyond 400 degrees centigrade and has a stable chemical property.

Users of carbon black
- used for making rubber products such as fan belts, conveyor belts etc
- used as a substitute for coal when in pellet form ( pellet machine will be needed)
- can be further processed chemically into activated carbon

Steel wires: gotten from tires pyrolysis are of two types, the rings and body. The rings are harder and command more money than that of body which is softer but does command as much money in the market. Depending on the cleanliness, quantity, packaging (lose or bailed), and degree of rubber contamination is what determines what the client will pay for the steel wires.

Users of steel wires
- Steel companies

Syn-gas: has a calorific value of 30-40MJ and can be sufficient to provide energy for a small scale process plant or channelled back into the furnace to heat the reactor. It can also be passed through a scrubber and cleaned and then either stored in a balloon and then used to power a gas generator.

Waste Oil Distillation machine
If you are interested in further processing your Pyrolysis oil or waste engine oil into other products such as Diesel or base oil, then you will need a Distillation machine. You can recover 80-85% diesel from Pyrolysis oil.
The whole refining process includes your distillation machine, cooling system, decoloring and deodorising system. The distillation residue can be used as asphalt and sold to asphalt companies which is used for roads.

Staffs needed - 31
Manager -1
Production Engineer - 1
Supervisor - 1
Reactor Operator - 1
Assistant Operator -1
Firemen - 2 (if using firewood)
Tire loaders - 6
Carbon black Packers - 2
Tire cutting machine operator - 1 (if you have a machine)
Tire helpers - 2
Tire arrangers - 2
Steel wire cutting operator - 1
Steel wire helpers - 5
Cleaner - 2
Welder - 1
Security - 2

Profit Analysis from tire Pyrolysis

25 productions per month

Monthly Income
Tire oil - 4500L X 25days X N130/L = 14,625,000
Carbon black - 3.5tons X 25days X 6000/ton = 525,000
Steel wires - 1500kg X 25days X N75/kg = 2,812,500
Total = N17,962,500

Monthly Expenses

Salaries

Monthly
Management staff
Manager - N100,000
Supervisor - N 60,000
Production Engineer - N400,000
Total - N560,000

Non - management staff
Security (2) - N35,000 X 2 = N70,000
Welder - N50,000
Total - N120,000

Daily/per production (wages)

Production section
Reactor operator - 2500
Assistant Operator - 2200
Fireman (2) - 2000 X 2 = 4,000

Loading of reactor
Tire loaders (6) - 1500 X 6 = 9,000

Carbon Black section
Carbon Black Packers (2) - 3000 X 2 = 6,000

Tyre cutting section
Machine operator - 2,000
Helpers(2) - 1500 X 2 = 3,000
Tyre arranging workers (2) - 1500 X 2 = 3,000

Steel wire cutting section
Operator - 2,000
Helpers(5) - 1500 X 5 = 7500

Cleaners (2) - 1500 X 2 = 3000

Total per production - N44,200

Contractor
Number of workers = 25
Amount per worker = N700
Total = N17,500 per day/production

Total monthly salary
Management staff - N560,000
Non Management staff - N120,000
Production staff - N44,200 X 25days = N1,105,000
Contractor - N17,500 X 25days = N437,500
Total - N2,222,500

Expenses
Firewood - N35,000 X 25days = N875,000
Diesel (generator) - 200L X N550/L X 25days = N2,750,000
Miscellaneous - N40,000 X 25days = N1,000,000
Tires(10tons) - 150,000 X 25days = N3,750,000
Total - N8,375,000

Total Expenses
Salaries - N2,222,500
Expenses - N8,375,000
Total - N10,597,500

Income - N17,962,500

Profit - N17,962,500 - N10,597,500
- N7,365,000

Profit
Monthly - N7,365,000
Yearly - N88,380,000

All your staffs shouldn't be full-time staff.
Full-time staff
- Manager
- supervisor
- Production Engineer
- Security
- Welder
- Reactor Operator

Contract staff
Assistant Operator
Firemen
Tire loaders
Carbon black Packers
Tire cutting machine operator
Tire helpers
Tire arrangers
Steel wire cutting operator
Steel wire helpers
Cleaner

It's very important to have a contractor because he will be the one that will bring you workers, pay workers, and handle the workers. One of the major issues in this business is workers issues and conflicts, if you take up the full responsibility of the workers they will cause you a lot of downtime hours. But when a contractor is in-charge of the workers when you have a bad apple or a problem worker, the contractor helps to resolve the issue or immediately replaces him/her. It's also not easy getting the right workers to do the job but the contractor already has a large pool of experienced workers that will come in and do the work and don't need to be trained inorder to perform their duties.
Getting an experienced reactor operator is very difficult, so when your contractor gets you one, it's wise to make him a full-time staff and put him on a salary. The truth is that the reactor operator is the most important person without him the reactor doesn't run and if the reactor doesn't run, you don't make money. Make your reactor operator happy and he will make you lots of money.
Production Engineer is also very important to make sure your machine isn't over worked, maintenance is done on the machine regularly and when issues arise he can help resolve the issues in a timely fashion, make sure you are running at the appropriate temperature inorder to get quality oil, at certain temperatures you get maximum oil and at certain times you need to fire the furnace to help reduce production time and you also don't want to burn your oil. A machine that is taken care of and maintained will last you for many years and making money.

Important information needed to decide on a Pyrolysis plant
- One of the major issues with Tyre Pyrolysis plant in Nigeria is environmental issues. Tires have very high levels of sulphur and when the tires decompose in the reactor several syn-gas are released such as hydrogen sulphide, sulphur dioxide, sulphur trioxide, and these gases have a choking smell so your workers, suppliers, customers, people in the community and around the factory will always experience this choking smell and the discomfort it brings will make them report your company to the ministry of environment, and police which in turn will cause lots of problem for the company. So before you decide to purchase a Pyrolysis plant make sure a smell disposal system (gas cleaning system) and a desulfurization system or (a water film flue gas dedusting system). The smell disposal system cleans and removes the sulphur from the gas and the desulfurization system cleans black smoke to release white smoke and steam which doesn't affect the environment. With this two machines you can run your Pyrolysis plant without any problems.

Services rendered
If setting up a Pyrolysis plant in Nigeria interests you I can advice you on all you need to know before investing in this business. I have 10years of experience in this business and I have my Pyrolysis plant located in Ogun state and I have setup plants for different clients.
I can offer you the following services:
- What plant and accessories to buy
- connect you to Pyrolysis companies that manufacture the plants
- connect you to a clearing agent to clear your machines when they get to Nigeria
- help you with your plant setup
- connect you to contractors that will give you workers for your plant
- connect you with skilled personnel needed in your daily operations example Operator to run reactor, welder etc
- Training for workers and employees
- give you suppliers that will supply you with scrap tires, firewood etc
- connect you to buyers interested in buying your Pyrolysis oil, steel wires and carbon black
- connect you to the different agencies in Nigeria to help you get the necessary approvals and licenses needed to run your plant without any hassle.

Contact information
Company: Abistel Lad Nig Ltd
Office address: 55 Diya Street Gbagada, Lagos
Email: abistelnigltd@yahoo.com
Phone Number: 08138039915

1 Like

Re: Tyre & Plastic Pyrolysis Business In Nigeria by superlado: 11:48am On Dec 22, 2022
I know lots of people have called me that they can't afford big machines like 6tons, that's not a problem if you want to start small I can help you with that. Their are smaller size pyrolysis plant like 10kg, 100kg , 500kg, 750kg, 1ton, 2tons, 3tons, 4tons, and 5tons.

Tire recovery rate is 45 - 50%
Example a 500kg plant that you load with 500kg of tires will give you 225L - 250L of fuel oil or Tire pyrolysis oil.

Plastics recovery rate is 60 - 65%
Example a 500kg plant that you load with 500kg of plastics will give you 300 - 325L of fuel oil or plastic pyrolysis oil.

The rate of fuel oil, pyrolysis oil and diesel has gone up to between 100 - 150%. This is your time to make good money on pyrolysis business.

Call me on 08138039915 or send me an email abistelnigltd@yahoo.com and let me explain to you how you can get started immediately year 2023 is around the corner, don't delay.
Re: Tyre & Plastic Pyrolysis Business In Nigeria by superlado: 12:12pm On Dec 22, 2022
Technical schools, Polytechnics and Universities that want to teach their students about Pyrolysis and how to recycle wastes like tires and plastics in the community and Landfills, Pyrolysis is for you.
Students that have finished school and can't find a job and don't mind getting their hands dirty and would be interested in purchasing a Pyrolysis plant, gathering tires and plastics as raw materials for the plant and selling the fuel oils, carbon black and steel wires, I can guarantee you millions in a year, pyrolysis is for you.

10kg Pyrolysis plant - awesome for teaching students in schools, experiments, exhibitions.

100kg pyrolysis plant - awesome for anyone interested in pyrolysis business and wants to start small.

500kg pyrolysis plant - awesome for anyone that has used the 100kg plant and is ready to step into the next level, this unit is great for you.

Reach out to me and let me take you through.

Abistel Lad Nig Ltd
55 Diya Street Gbagada, Lagos
Phone number: 08138039915

Re: Tyre & Plastic Pyrolysis Business In Nigeria by superlado: 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2022
If you are interested in producing diesel and selling, I can help you with that.

Option 1
Buy a distillation plant and begin collection of waste engine oil, put the waste engine oil into your distillation machine, after the process is complete you will get diesel. Then go and sell and make good cash

Option 2
Getting a Pyrolysis machine and a distillation machine. Put your tires or plastic inside the pyrolysis machine when you complete the process you put the tire or plastic pyrolysis Into your distillation machine and after the process you get diesel, which you can sell and make good money.
Price of diesel today is N800 per litre

Contact me
Abistel Lad Nig Ltd
55 Diya Street Gbagada
Phone number: 08138039915

Re: Tyre & Plastic Pyrolysis Business In Nigeria by Dannywayne21(m): 11:12pm On Jan 21, 2023
What's the average budget needed to set a pyrolysis plant?
Re: Tyre & Plastic Pyrolysis Business In Nigeria by superlado: 6:49pm On May 15, 2023
@Dannywayne21 call me or chat me up on WhatsApp. 08138039915

(1) (Reply)

A Large Quantities Of Thailand Rice Or Sugar For Sale / Get Ago In Lag / Audit Your Website For Free Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.