Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

What's Wrong Wit Nollywood? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What's Wrong Wit Nollywood? (780 Views)

Pls Help Wit Any Very Interesting Action Series / What's Wrong With DSTV? / Skyfall Review - Jump In Wit Ur Opinions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's Wrong Wit Nollywood? by jemit(m): 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2007
hello nairalanders, i just want to share the pains and sorrow i go thru when i try to watch naija movies. first and foremost, i think the major problem in the movie industry in nigeria is the weak and lame story lines and screenplays. i am not an expert in this, but i believe nigerians involved in writing storries and scripts should spend more time and effort, even carry out researches before producing movies.

we realise that most movies we see in nigeria have the same storylines, e.g a group of girls who go about doing crazy things, some involve unrealistic scenes and stories that thave not been thought thru by the scriptwriters, directors and producers.

i admit to the fact that we have good actors and actresses, but they too should try to set a standard in the types of movies they star in. i believe they should be able to make corrections to some of these scripts.
Re: What's Wrong Wit Nollywood? by moondust(m): 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2007
U've said it all wink
Re: What's Wrong Wit Nollywood? by hamattan(m): 9:54am On Aug 13, 2007
Na wa o.But what do you expect when the people who were paying the piper and are dictating
the tune are untrained traders . what do they know about making movies or the directors who
do not even know what is going on on the timeline or actors who are too hungry to protest?revolution needs to start but it is going yo start with you &meĀ  :

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need A TV Proposal / Video News: Harry Potter Revelation: Dumbledore Gay / Casting Agents And Location Managers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.