Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,917 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc (2544 Views)

Kwankwaso Meets Tinubu In France, Accepts To Join His Govt Of National Unity / Wike To El-rufai: History Will Be On Your Side For Supporting Southern Presidenc / Tucano Jets Delay: Military Conduct Not Kukah To Be Blamed, NEF Tells Presidenc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Chenu60: 11:40pm On May 11, 2022
BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidency 

Barely 48 hours after disowning a nomination form purchased for him by a northern group, Nigeria’s former President, Goodluck Jonathan has decided to run for president in 2023.

Mr Jonathan had on May 9 rejected presidential expression of interest and nomination forms of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) bought for him by a Fulani group. He later visited APC chairman Abdullahi Adamu, a shuttle his aides said was to distance himself from the purchase.

Nigeria’s newswire, the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, which broke the news, said a credible source with Jonathan’s camp, disclosed that the ex president has finally made up his mind to vie for the top post he lost to the incumbent in 2015.

While pleading anonymity, the source told NAN that the former president has also joined the APC formally, having registered at his Otuoke Ward in Bayelsa.

Meanwhile, Mr Jonathan is expected to submit the duly filled forms bought on his behalf on Thursday, the source offered further.

According to the source, the former president has secured the support of the required number of APC delegates from across the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.

“Several bigwigs of the party have also been calling Jonathan to pledge their loyalty and support to the former president,’’ the source revealed.

The source told NAN political correspondent late on Wednesday that some influential African leaders had called Mr Jonathan earlier on Monday to advise him “to contest the election in the interest of Nigeria.

Source:
https://switchnigeria.com/2022/05/11/breaking-jonathan-officially-joins-apc-in-bayelsa-accepts-to-run-for-presidency/

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by PrinceOfLagos: 11:41pm On May 11, 2022
GEJ is coming back

Tell the world that my daddy is coming back

The man of the people is coming back

I'm so excited , let the world hear me ...

My daddy is coming back

My hero is coming back

#GEJiscoming

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by ogaontop(m): 11:42pm On May 11, 2022
Shame!
Let him give room for other southern candidates who will rule for 8 years, both South East & South West won't vote for this guy!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Dorwadora(f): 11:43pm On May 11, 2022
I'll wait for Jonathan spokeman to debuke this...

Let me run to Twitter to comfirm

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Nigerialabalaba: 11:43pm On May 11, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Finally the chosen one
PrinceOfLagos:

Tinubu will get the disgrace for betraying the south in 2015 and 2019

I will keep pestering GEJ to revisit Tinubu corruption case and send him to jail

Omo Ibo, u no dey support ur ibo fulani daddy Atiku again? grin

na wa for u o. so all dis ur hatred for yoruba people, awo and tinubu na to con settle for a loser like Gej.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by emorse(m): 11:43pm On May 11, 2022
I wonder what would be going through mama peace's mind right now.
Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by olatade(m): 11:44pm On May 11, 2022
He will finally get that disgrace they started for him in 2015. Na here we go dey dey.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by StrongandMighty: 11:46pm On May 11, 2022
Even if Tinubu bribe the whole 36 state Governors to sign his nomination form he'll never be president!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by PrinceOfLagos: 11:46pm On May 11, 2022
olatade:
He will finally get that disgrace they started for him in 2015. Na here we go dey dey.
Tinubu will get the disgrace for betraying the south in 2015 and 2019

I will keep reminding GEJ to revisit Tinubu corruption cases and send him to jail

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Salvador1: 11:48pm On May 11, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Omo Ibo, u no dey support ur ibo fulani daddy Atiku again? grin
na wa for u o. so all dis ur hatred for yoruba people, awo and tinubu na to con settle for a loser like Gej.
do you know Tinubu will never be president.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by iCauseTrouble: 11:49pm On May 11, 2022
Shame on Reno Omokri. He has always been boasting and beating his chest that Jonathan will never join APC

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Nigerialabalaba: 11:49pm On May 11, 2022
Salvador1:
do you know Tinubu will never be president.
Alawada. u don lose and u go wail again for d next 9 years grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Vincyman: 11:50pm On May 11, 2022
That one na him business
Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Animegirl(f): 11:50pm On May 11, 2022
This man wants to disgrace himself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by PrinceOfLagos: 11:51pm On May 11, 2022
Animegirl:
This man wants to disgrace himself.
Go back to romance section and leave politics for MEN

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Trimjos: 11:51pm On May 11, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Stop hiding your tears behind that smiley. We know as e dey go. Premium tears for you because of this news

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Salvador1: 11:53pm On May 11, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Animegirl(f): 11:54pm On May 11, 2022
Trimjos:

Same disgrace you and your lots bring by sleeping with grandpas and even dogs?

C'mon don't be stupid.
Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by DaniDani(m): 11:54pm On May 11, 2022
Wooooow! Finally something that soothes my nerves this night comes up.This is purely the game changer. Silence for Amaechi the betrayer, shocker to arrogant Nyenonsense wiked, Confusion upon confusion to Tinubu peepoo; he won't even know the enemy to concentrate on, distraction to ordinary commissioner osubande, and regrets upon regrets to self perfect Mr know all Rhino Omokiriki.Chio! Buhari's hidden candidate unveiled after all the suspected candidates have resigned.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Urheadmaster(m): 11:57pm On May 11, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Shame on Reno Omokri. He has always been boasting and beating his chest that Jonathan will never join APC
Politicians are the reason for your worse enemy can be your best friend tongue
Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Nobody: 12:04am On May 12, 2022
GEJ is shameless with no morals.
I v said it before and we are all seeing it.
The mumu is ready to betray the south in order to be president for four years and return back to north.
GEJ, the most daft president in Nigeria after Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Nobody: 12:04am On May 12, 2022
Booked
Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Nobody: 12:05am On May 12, 2022
No value, nothing up his head. GEJ stands for nothing.
PDP should drag him well.
I v never seen an irresponsible man like him.
This is a plot from the unfortunate north. And he's so daft to accept due to his gullibility.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Demigod22: 12:08am On May 12, 2022
Let's watch and see how this game will turn out. North is very cunny, they are bringing Jonathan to do one tenure for power to return back to North.
Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Militant30: 12:09am On May 12, 2022
The brown teeth of Lagos and his skull minning brothers will not like this news ooooo

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by ogaontop(m): 12:11am On May 12, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
GEJ is coming back

Tell the world that my daddy is coming back

The man of the people is coming back

I'm so excited , let the world hear me ...

My daddy is coming back

My hero is coming back

#GEJiscoming

The clueless one is coming back

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Deemas(m): 12:43am On May 12, 2022
ogaontop:
Shame!
Let him give room for other southern candidates who will rule for 8 years, both South East & South West won't vote for this guy!

He doesn't need your votes to win bro. The 2023 election result is ready, okay?
Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Jennyjay283: 1:15am On May 12, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Jollyakat(m): 1:25am On May 12, 2022
Lol….politics sha�
Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by KingKO22: 1:31am On May 12, 2022
grin Now your godfather has joined the evil party from North and ewedu people

Your pathetic hatred and bitterness for APC would be overlooked just to prove to us that you are just an hypocrites

So in your dream Jonathan will defeat Jagaban
Re: BREAKING: Jonathan Officially Joins APC In Bayelsa, Accepts To Run For Presidenc by Eleponblue(m): 1:34am On May 12, 2022
Trimjos:

Same disgrace you and your lots bring by sleeping with grandpas and even dogs?
This is so uncalled for!!! Please show some respect...some statements shouldn't be made please...show respect no matter how small please!

(1) (2)

Deborah Samuel: DSS Told To Arrest Sheikh Abubakar Jibril Immediately / If Jagaban can be Obidient, Who Are You Not To (photo) / Photos From Yusuf Datti Baba-ahmed Consultation Visit To Emir Of Zaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.