Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Between A Letter And A Day As The Governor Of A State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between A Letter And A Day As The Governor Of A State. (322 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's First Day As WTO Director-General (Pictures) / Throwback Video Of Bola Tinubu's First Day As Governor Of Lagos State / My Saddest Day As Senate President ~ Bukola Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between A Letter And A Day As The Governor Of A State. by seguntijan(m): 6:49am On May 12, 2022
The internet space has been disturbed by the letter written to a secondary student by Peter Obi when he was a governor and I'm surprised if this is a worthy campaign materials.
Which would you prefer as a student between having a letter from the governor or sitting on the governor seat for a day and have interactive sessions with the governor and this has remain a legacy for successive government.

We need issue based politics.

Re: Between A Letter And A Day As The Governor Of A State. by seguntijan(m): 6:52am On May 12, 2022
I've traveled quite a bit in Nigeria.

Nobody can lie that any state in this country had a traffic agency. None did. Fact!

Until LASTMA berthed. True, the agency and its operatives have not done everything nice and beautiful. However, if you lived in Lagos in 1999, lie will kill you if you say LASTMA has not improved traffic management in the city of 22million people in a land space of less than 4,000 square kms.

But that's not my point. My point is that like so many other things that was made in Lagos, other states copied. They copied a good thing. They copied Tinubu. They copied job creation. They also copied a system. A structure that works.

Apart from LASTMA in the transport sector, Jagaban's redoubtable public sector reform credentials also touched on vehicle plate number registration and management.

Tinubu used his knowledge of how federalism works to get Nigerian states beat more pie off the central government.

Today, states and FG share nearly equal responsibility in vehicle administration (issuance of plate numbers, renewal, MOT, driver's licence, etc)

This reform gave more money to states till date. He unlocked a revenue plug and expanded expenditure plus employment.

In fact, Tinubu popularised MOT certification. Today, many eat from that. Today, many eat (legitimately) from online vehicle license renewal, et al.

Don't say I didn't tell you. None of the aspirants - whether rumoured or not can stand Tinubu. He's first among equals. Although, he truly has no equal among these upstarts. This is why they envy him. He's better by far...errrm, I'm not referring to UNILORIN sha.

For a candidate that can win, delegates already know. For a president that will open up the nation for jobs and businesses, the people can't wait for BAT.

He is the best. Man for this moment.

#Tinubu2023 #BAT2023

- Uche Nnadozie
Re: Between A Letter And A Day As The Governor Of A State. by LordIsaac(m): 6:52am On May 12, 2022
Hmmmmm grin
Re: Between A Letter And A Day As The Governor Of A State. by inspectorg(m): 7:12am On May 12, 2022
Who letter eep?! , na DAT sit be the CPU of the state.

1 Like

Re: Between A Letter And A Day As The Governor Of A State. by mrvitalis(m): 7:21am On May 12, 2022
seguntijan:

Nobody can lie that any state in this country had a traffic agency. None did. Fact!

Until LASTMA berthed. True, the agency and its operatives have not done everything nice and beautiful. However, if you lived in Lagos in 1999, lie will kill you if you say LASTMA has not improved traffic management in the city of 22million people in a land space of less than 4,000 square kms.

But that's not my point. My point is that like so many other things that was made in Lagos, other states copied. They copied a good thing. They copied Tinubu. They copied job creation. They also copied a system. A structure that works.

Apart from LASTMA in the transport sector, Jagaban's redoubtable public sector reform credentials also touched on vehicle plate number registration and management.

Tinubu used his knowledge of how federalism works to get Nigerian states beat more pie off the central government.

Today, states and FG share nearly equal responsibility in vehicle administration (issuance of plate numbers, renewal, MOT, driver's licence, etc)

This reform gave more money to states till date. He unlocked a revenue plug and expanded expenditure plus employment.

In fact, Tinubu popularised MOT certification. Today, many eat from that. Today, many eat (legitimately) from online vehicle license renewal, et al.

Don't say I didn't tell you. None of the aspirants - whether rumoured or not can stand Tinubu. He's first among equals. Although, he truly has no equal among these upstarts. This is why they envy him. He's better by far...errrm, I'm not referring to UNILORIN sha.

For a candidate that can win, delegates already know. For a president that will open up the nation for jobs and businesses, the people can't wait for BAT.

#Tinubu2023 #BAT2023

- Uche Nnadozie

So Una no fit lie or state your points without adding Igbo name
Re: Between A Letter And A Day As The Governor Of A State. by mycar: 7:34am On May 12, 2022
Both are recognition and simple logic will tell you that letter will go round to all the intended recipients and it's more of the thing from the heart than a day in the government house which will not go round to all the intended recipients,and something of media propaganda.

All we want in Nigeria is a young and vibrant leader.
Re: Between A Letter And A Day As The Governor Of A State. by tommy589(m): 8:33am On May 12, 2022
seguntijan:

#Tinubu2023 #BAT2023

- Uche Nnadozie

Lagos used to be the dirtiest capital before 1999. The waste management was zero,refuse demarcated and blocked part of most roads. It was a normal feature to see people put up residence under Lagos bridges, sharing the space with the mentally challenged.

If Lagos waste and traffic management is the criteria for 2023 presidency,Tinubu is the man. But I am so sure non of the contenders would give Nigerians good deal.

Do your findings on those contenders that used to be governors or still governors. Did they implement Local Government autonomy according to the constitution? If they can steal LG allocation coming from the FG, and deny them independence contrary to what the law stipulates, don't hope on them to turn around Nigeria for the better

1 Like

Re: Between A Letter And A Day As The Governor Of A State. by seguntijan(m): 8:54am On May 12, 2022
mycar:
Both are recognition and simple logic will tell you that letter will go round to all the intended recipients and it's more of the thing from the heart than a day in the government house which will not go round to all the intended recipients,and something of media propaganda.

All we want in Nigeria is a young and vibrant leader.

Propaganda is not sustainable, it is a legacy and calling one day governor a propaganda says a lot about you. Don't be myopic
Re: Between A Letter And A Day As The Governor Of A State. by mycar: 9:28am On May 12, 2022
seguntijan:

Propaganda is not sustainable, it is a legacy and calling one day governor a propaganda says a lot about you. Don't be myopic
If I was myopic, I would have been delusional too, and for the fact that you came up with a topic like this says a lot about you.

(1) (Reply)

2023: Buhari Orders Emefiele, Other Appointees To Resign / Will Buhari Commiserate With The Family Of Deborah Yakubu? / Atiku Abubakar Deleted His Tweet Condemning The Murder Of Deborah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.