Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report (8733 Views)

Amaechi: I Am Number One On Jonathan’s Hit List / Boko Haram Hit List? Wole Soyinka Enlisted? / Boko Haram Releases Wanted People Hit List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by aljharem3: 3:35am On Jul 13, 2011
Boko haram, has issued a list of prominent Nigerians it might likely attack, Times of Nigeria reports.

The hit list, which was said to have been obtained on Monday, was sent to the State Security Services in a recorded message format.

Though, the source of the report could not be verified, the list had Vice-President Namadi Sambo topping it.

Others on the list were Emir of Zazzau, HRH Shehu Idris; and former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Alhaji Aminu Masari.

The Emir is targeted because, according to the sect, he connived with dubious people to cheat Islam.

The sect’s spokesman, who did not introduce himself, in the recorded message, spoke in fluent Arabic and Hausa and declared that their mission was to fight social injustices perpetrated against muslims in Nigeria.

The spokesman added that not only would the sect kill non-believers, but “also hypocritical muslims who connive to do harm to Islam and muslim.”

Other names, which featured on the list, included that of Jigawa State Governor, Alhaji Sule Lamido, who allegedly promised President Goodluck Jonathan that regardless of how many lives would be lost, Jigawa State would go to Jonathan during the elections.

Kano State Governor, Alhaji Ibrahim Shekarau, and Niger State Governor, Babaginda Aliyu were also mentioned in the list.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110713341834
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by jmaine: 3:38am On Jul 13, 2011
The political plot of the gang is rapidly unveiling . . .wahala dey !!!  sad sad
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by Nobody: 3:56am On Jul 13, 2011
I see!! Buhari's passports should be put on hold!! That man must remain untill this whole thing is settled or when Nigeria is no more!!
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by aljharem3: 3:57am On Jul 13, 2011
^^^^^^^^

i don't see how this concern buhari
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by Nobody: 3:58am On Jul 13, 2011
^^^^ Me neither,  i just hate the guy, he is too ambitious lol!!!
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by aljharem3: 4:01am On Jul 13, 2011
^^^^^^^^

how can u just hate someone because of his ambition for nigeria cry
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by dayokanu(m): 4:01am On Jul 13, 2011
I dey laff
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by NegroNtns(m): 4:07am On Jul 13, 2011
They have a plan to install Northern Nigeria as an Islamic state.

In order to be successful in that mission they needed to do two things in-house:

1. Clean out weak links that have either proven in past actions or possible ones in future that they are liberal and neutral on the issues of religion and culture.

2. Establish a walk-the-talk perception that forces Arewa politicians to capitulate and become Boko assets.

I have every reason to believe there are two sponsors behind their action.

1. Sudan/Chad/Somalia axis.

2. International arms dealer looking for next hot spots for revenue and legitimacy in international conflict management. Ex. Blackwater.

It would seem ordinarily and logical to think releasing this high profile list would turn the population and favOr against them. However, this is strategic military planning.

You first deploy fear and shock the psyche of the population; then you pick on the most formidable security apparatus and humiliate it. Thereby creating a vacuum security and a state of suspense. Then, you bully and intimidate the high heirarchy of the elite class. You define and install your own security enclave or a refugee camp. You carry out a series of attack and recover assault and then deploy a propaganda to turn the population against the government. Finally you overturn and demolish the government.

Boko may have started few years ago as a small religious group for small scale gains at the local level.

The boko we have today is an entity competing with the Federal Government for sovereingty rights.
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by jmaine: 4:13am On Jul 13, 2011
^^ Good points raised there wink
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 13, 2011
alj_harem:

^^^^^^^^

how can u just hate someone because of his ambition for nigeria cry

His ambitions were too extreme and he made seem as if he can truly win with him campaigning only in select states in SW and the North,

He didn't touch SS except for PH, SE was a no go for him,

He had statements in the past supporting Sharia in a state like Nigeria,

He came in through a coup at first, Seriously, He is not my favourite person in the world!!

Maybe hate is not the word,

He kept talking about fighting corrption etc, and never laid down economic plan undecided undecided undecided
Oh and he never came out to condemn the post election violence,

Seriously, I don't like him at alll,
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by Chyz2: 4:19am On Jul 13, 2011
Don't mind them. It is the Igbos that are doing all of the bombings and killing our defense apparatus. They are mean bad, send mercernaries from cameroun to raid farmland,etc. grin
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by Nobody: 4:20am On Jul 13, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

They have a plan to install Northern Nigeria as an Islamic state.

In order to be successful in that mission they needed to do two things in-house:

1. Clean out weak links that have either proven in past actions or possible ones in future that they are liberal and neutral on the issues of religion and culture.

2. Establish a walk-the-talk perception that forces Arewa politicians to capitulate and become Boko assets.

I have every reason to believe there are two sponsors behind their action.

1. Sudan/Chad/Somalia axis.

2. International arms dealer looking for next hot spots for revenue and legitimacy in international conflict management. Ex. Blackwater.  

It would seem ordinarily and logical to think releasing this high profile list would turn the population and favOr against them. However, this is strategic military planning.

You first deploy fear and shock the psyche of the population; then you pick on the most formidable security apparatus and humiliate it. Thereby creating a vacuum security and a state of suspense. Then, you bully and intimidate the high heirarchy of the elite class. You define and install your own security enclave or a refugee camp. You carry out a series of attack and recover assault and then deploy a propaganda to turn the population against the government. Finally you overturn and demolish the government.

Boko may have started few years ago as a small religious group for small scale gains at the local level.

The boko we have today is an entity competing with the Federal Government for sovereingty rights.

Good point!! The moment the Northern elites play into this, Nigeria is done and divided!!! Once Boko win some Northern elites to their side, they make it a political movement! Once that is done, They have a legitimate ground for negotiation with the government. Right now, they are not legitimate and I think they are looking for legitimacy!!

Good points Negro!!
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by NegroNtns(m): 4:21am On Jul 13, 2011
Alj,

I think in the case of Buhari, I can understand where that respondent is coming from.

Study Buhari past and you will see that the guy is an extreme reformer.
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by aljharem3: 4:25am On Jul 13, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Alj,

I think in the case of Buhari, I can understand where that respondent is coming from.

Study Buhari past and you will see that the guy is an extreme reformer.

nah duing buhari military era if i recall correctly, u would notice it was idagbon that was doing all the reforms and not buhari

i think it is unfair to label him as an extremist of some sot

but it is ok, he as lost and not GEJ is our president. we should look forward and not backwards

what can GEJ do to stop this rubbish is the question
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by Nobody: 4:35am On Jul 13, 2011
alj_harem:

nah duing buhari military era if i recall correctly, u would notice it was idagbon that was doing all the reforms and not buhari

i think it is unfair to label him as an extremist of some sot

but it is ok, he as lost and not GEJ is our president. we should look forward and not backwards

what can GEJ do to stop this rubbish is the question

To be honest I think the Nigerian population is as clueless as our president as to how to stop these Alj Harem funded organization grin grin grin grin grin

Education is the best brain washing we can have,  The reason the North is extreme in Islamic ideologies is simply because of brain washing! Most homes with Satelite dishes have Arabic channels only etc,

Nigerian government need to me make their men hornier, the girls sluttier lol,  Naaa, I mean Liberal brain washing! Let's have free cable for them all, let them have music channels, movie channels,  Let us sell them the pursuit of happiness,  The American dream isn't such a bad idea,  Let them enjoy free education in which we liberalize the mind and make em see life on the bright side!!
Let's have events that promotes liberal attitudes and have em participate,  You know those sexy carnivals etc,  All these things soften the mind and make them have a vision for the pursuit of happiness,

All these things were available to Muslims in the South hence why they drink and really don't do the extreme for Islam!!
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by NegroNtns(m): 4:44am On Jul 13, 2011
Olumide is intuitively picking on Buhari's mysterious nature.

If he was a detective or a private investigator, Buhari would be the best at it. If we had a FBI or a CIA class seurity outfit, you want someone like Buhari there.

He has a cold nature but not the "serial killer type". Buhari's coldness is the "revolutionary comrade" type. The type that is dissatisfied with the statys quo and the sordid living conditions of a people and wishes to step in and turn things around so the living conditions is improved.

The problem is in most societies there are lots of people who gain out of the misfortune of the low class citizen and so to improive the living conditions you will have first to improve them or eliminate them.

In our society, every politician of worth is a beneficiary of the sorry and pathetic condition of Nigerians.

So to change Nigeria yoiu will need to spill plenty blood - blood of those political suckers.

Buhari does not seem the type that wants a slow and incremental changes, he wants an overnight reform.

His fight is for the improved condition of the common man at the expense of the politician's blood.

Unfortunately people have read him wrong and put him in the same category with corrupt politicians.

He has a handicap. He is soft spoken and not fully expressive of his plans in a concise and articulate manner that those he is fighting for can understand and support him.

Also Buhari may have become delusional in his fight to better Nigeria and shifted instead to the area where his message and plans are best fitted for implementatiion - Northern Nigeria.

Please, let us be clear, . . I admire Buhari. This assessment is not indicative of his connection with Boko. I'm not saying he is involved and I'm not saying he's not. Only God knows!
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by NegroNtns(m): 4:46am On Jul 13, 2011
Alj Harem funded organization

Lmao, I like that!
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 13, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Alj Harem funded organization

Lmao, I like that!

lol,

Alj harem has to answer to this, lol
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by jamace(m): 5:59am On Jul 13, 2011
Sharia practice that they are asking for is already being implemented in the North. So why are they still killing and maiming innocent persons here and there.

My conclusion is that they are politically motivated, to disrupt the govt of the day as promised by some northern political zealots.
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by maddock(m): 6:20am On Jul 13, 2011
In as much as I don't like pointing fingers without facts,but at times utterrances can be implicative. I could remember Buhari said that if he lost by rigging he won't go to court and I know an Analyst on TVC or Channels before the elction said that statements has a lot of meaning. Looking at BH, how does this group that copnsist of the unlettered majority of the lower class became so sophisticated and started carrying out hit with millitary precision.Am no conspiracy thoerist but I can see a grand plan by the northern big shots to claim their mandates allegedly stolen. The President is the cause of this whole problem IMO, the moment he didn't respect HIS PARTY zonin arrangement gave birth to this attacks.I hope he has the balls to withstand the trouble he has succedded in brewing.
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by maddock(m): 6:28am On Jul 13, 2011
Sambo being number one on their hit list is just normal because he is the number one alledged betrayer by pair up with someone perceived to have stolen the northern mandate.Initially I was in support of Jonathans presidency when they said zoing was dead, but immediately they continue this same zoning arrangement in the NASS and HOR, before being disgrace by Tambuwal.I concluded that he is not a man of his words,at least there must be honour amongst thieves(am not calling the President one o) because if u break the code you must be ready to face the outcome and THIS IS EXACTLY what we are experiencing or facing now.
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 13, 2011
Are Buhari, Babangida(IBB), Atiku etc on that BH hit list? I tnk they need to be criticaly monitord by the securities!
During d post election, the Emir of Zazau(Zaria) was almst killed, now he is on d hit list of BH! I dat has a pattern.
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by NegroNtns(m): 7:35am On Jul 13, 2011
Guys do yu have facts to tie all these names to boko haram?

Stop your nonsense!
Just because the operation has a military undertone does not mean it is internal. It could very well be externally commandeered.

Right?
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by maddock(m): 7:50am On Jul 13, 2011
@negro. You are the one that should stop the nonsence. There is no way it could be control externally without strong internal collaborators. So we are all saying the same thing.
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2011
Facts? What we ar makng here ar speculatns and facts ar lookd fo afta speculatns ar made to urtenticate the speculatns. So let the govt investgate each sensible speculatin and find facts to prove or disprove them. Meanwhile, the likes of Atiku and Buhari said b4 d election dat the country will be made ungovernable if they do nt win. Now the country is almost ungovernable!
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by okosodo: 8:27am On Jul 13, 2011
The Hausa's are really givin us problems
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by Akanbiedu(m): 8:33am On Jul 13, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

If he was a detective or a private investigator, Buhari would be the best at it.  If we had a FBI or a CIA class seurity outfit, you want someone like Buhari there.

He has a cold nature but not the "serial killer type".  Buhari's coldness is the "revolutionary comrade" type. The type that is dissatisfied with the statys quo and the sordid living conditions of a people and wishes to step in and turn things around so the living conditions is improved.

The problem is in most societies there are lots of people who gain out of the misfortune of the low class citizen and so to improive the living conditions you will have first to improve them or eliminate them.

In our society, every politician of worth is a beneficiary of the sorry and pathetic condition of Nigerians.

So to change Nigeria yoiu will need to spill plenty blood - blood of those political suckers.

Buhari does not seem the type that wants a slow and incremental changes, he wants an overnight reform.  

His fight is for the improved condition of the common man at the expense of the politician's blood.

Unfortunately people have read him wrong and put him in the same category with corrupt politicians.

He has a handicap. He is soft spoken and not fully expressive of his plans in a concise and articulate manner that those he is fighting for can understand and support him.

Also Buhari may have become delusional in his fight to better Nigeria and shifted instead to the area where his message and plans are best fitted for implementatiion - Northern Nigeria.

Please, let us be clear, . . I admire Buhari. This assessment is not indicative of his connection with Boko. I'm not saying he is involved and I'm not saying he's not. Only God knows!    

Correct except the bolded.

Ethnoreligious sentiment in the south, and fear of unknown by the northern elites.
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by Myself2(m): 8:46am On Jul 13, 2011
Very interesting conspiracy theories
Buhari no doubt,and some of those other guys that attempted to stop Jonathan,may have one or two things to do with those senseless boko murderers
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by Gbawe: 10:15am On Jul 13, 2011
Myself2:

Very interesting conspiracy theories
Buhari no doubt,and some of those other guys that attempted to stop Jonathan,may have one or two things to do with those senseless boko murderers

Ridiculous !!! The "born to rule" Northerners are the backers of Boko Haram not Buhari. They hate Buhari with a passion because he is pro-talakawa rather than pro-elite. This is why they could not even back him against GEJ despite defeat to the "usurping" Southerner staring them in the face. They would rather lose and then sponsor an evil insurgency , with gallons of blood spilled, to actualise their "born to rule" indoctrination. This was always their plan B and I said this many times on Nairaland.

Boko Haram was just another sect till it was hijacked, as the vehicle of choice, much likeAl Qaeda became an attractive and influential anti-western fundamentalist group, to bring down GEJ and deal with "traitors who sold out the North". Some of us warned that Nigeria was not ready for what GEJ and his AGIP backers (OBJ, Anenih, Yuguda, Haliru Bello et al) were doing . For the sake of peace, selflessness should have made some folks see that atempting to truncate the zoning formula of the PDP during the turn of the most clannish region in Nigeria was the wrong thing to do. It was what some folks , not including Buhari, wanted as the green light for the commencement of wanton and brutal killing of innocent folks.

Some of us warned that this would happen i.e 4 years of chaos for GEJ to deal with that would ensure Nigeria is destabilized. The sponsors of Boko haram are aware that GEJ knows who they are and they feel he cannot move against them because his support base consist of sycophantic AGIPs whose real influences are limited if all-out supremacy battle begins. The rich sponsors of Boko Haram (and let us remember Buhari is poor) are merely telling GEJ and his Northern "traitors that this is what you get for "cheating" us. All the Northern Governors apologizing and grovelling to Boko Haram, when they talked tough yesterday, do so because they know the new and considerable support, strength and capability of the transformed Boko Haram.

GEJ continues to prove he is wrong for the job and powerless with how things are escalating negatively on his watch. I still insist that all this will not be happening and GEJ would have bowed out a hero if he had waved OBJ, Anenih et al away and not listened to their talks of retaining power by all means!!!! For a politician, timing is very important. GEJ failed to understand that.
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by texazzpete(m): 10:22am On Jul 13, 2011
maddock:

In as much as I don't like pointing fingers without facts,but at times utterrances can be implicative. I could remember Buhari said that if he lost by rigging he won't go to court and I know an Analyst on TVC or Channels before the elction said that statements has a lot of meaning. Looking at BH, how does this group that copnsist of the unlettered majority of the lower class became so sophisticated and started carrying out hit with millitary precision.Am no conspiracy thoerist but I can see a grand plan by the northern big shots to claim their mandates allegedly stolen. The President is the cause of this whole problem IMO, the moment he didn't respect HIS PARTY zonin arrangement gave birth to this attacks.I hope he has the balls to withstand the trouble he has succedded in brewing.

Buhari said he would not go to court because he was tired of court cases and that he had little confidence in them. He also said this would be his last attempt at the presidency.
This desire to tie Boko Haram to Buhari is ridiculous and childish.

0lumide:

His ambitions were too extreme and he made seem as if he can truly win with him campaigning only in select states in SW and the North,

He didn't touch SS except for PH, SE was a no go for him,

He had statements in the past supporting Sharia in a state like Nigeria,

He came in through a coup at first, Seriously, He is not my favourite person in the world!!

Maybe hate is not the word,

He kept talking about fighting corrption etc, and never laid down economic plan undecided undecided undecided
Oh and he never came out to condemn the post election violence,

Seriously, I don't like him at alll,

It's a blatant lie to say Buhari did not come out to condemn the post-election violence. The man was making the rounds on prominent news channels calling for peace. I don't know why you people still mouth this untruth.
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by jmaine: 10:40am On Jul 13, 2011
texazzpete:

It's a blatant lie to say Buhari did not come out to condemn the post-election violence. The man was making the rounds on prominent news channels calling for peace. I don't know why you people still mouth this untruth.

Calling for peace after how many days of carnage . . .2 days right ? after all the killings and chaos were effectively carried out, he absconded blatantly on air to plead for peace when the upheaval from his supporters began. .  it's still fresh in our memories . . In my opinion, this Boko menace transcends beyond Buhari  . . Even  though his misguided utterances before and during the polls might have further precipitated this crisis . . .
Re: Sambo Tops Boko Haram’s Hit List – Report by russellino: 11:09am On Jul 13, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

If he was a detective or a private investigator, Buhari would be the best at it. If we had a FBI or a CIA class seurity outfit, you want someone like Buhari there.

He has a cold nature but not the "serial killer type". Buhari's coldness is the "revolutionary comrade" type. The type that is dissatisfied with the statys quo and the sordid living conditions of a people and wishes to step in and turn things around so the living conditions is improved.

Good points. Its obvious that they intend to wipe out all voices of dissent in the north. Thats why boko haram started out last year silently taking out muslim clerics that preached against violence. By the time they're through their sponsors will be the only prominent voices left in the north. Hmm how come IBB and a few others aint on that list.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Order Police IG To Enforce Benue Anti-Open Grazing Law - Reps Tells Buhari / Atiku Sends Christmas Message To Nigerians / No-Fly Zone: Ganduje Warns Against Politicizing Security Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.