Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,678 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

What Made Joseph Believe Mary's Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Made Joseph Believe Mary's Story (217 Views)

Prophetess Mary Olujuwon Olubori's Husband Grabs Her Boobs Even After 6 Kids / Virgin Mary Miracle Of The Sun In Lagos On 28th Oct. 2017 (Video) / Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Made Joseph Believe Mary's Story by Ge0grapher(m): 12:59pm On May 12, 2022
I have been thinking a lot lately. Imagine you as a man come back home to your newly wedded wife, of whom, you have never made love to. Only to be told by her, that she is pregnant, how would you react??

1 Like

Re: What Made Joseph Believe Mary's Story by Kobojunkie: 1:03pm On May 12, 2022
Ge0grapher:
I have been thinking a lot lately. Imagine you as a man come back home to your newly wedded wife, of whom, you have never made love to. Only to be told by her, that she is pregnant, how would you react??
Joseph heard directly from the Angel - Luke 1 vs 26 - 38. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made Joseph Believe Mary's Story by Maynman: 2:07pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:

No where said that in those verses.
Can you quote it out?
Re: What Made Joseph Believe Mary's Story by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You do know that dreams are merely subconscious thought. If Joseph was scared and loved Mary so much that he didn't want to let her go,his mind could have manufactured that event to soothe him. If you are in a problem or the other, your mind could just manufacture a scenario where the problem was solved. Besides that,there is no credible evidence to support biblical events.
Do you want us to turn this topic into theist vs irreligious thread? I actually want to ask you some questions because you said you were an atheist before. The question I want to ask you is this,why did you change from atheist to christian? Was there any special evidence you were given to prove that the biblical narration of creation is true?

1 Like

Re: What Made Joseph Believe Mary's Story by Kobojunkie: 2:58pm On May 12, 2022
ifyken:
1. You do know that dreams are merely subconscious thought.

2. If Joseph was scared and loved Mary so much that he didn't want to let her go,his mind could have manufactured that event to soothe him.

3. If you are in a problem or the other, your mind could just manufacture a scenario where the problem was solved.

4. Besides that,there is no credible evidence to support biblical events. ....
1. Is that a fact? undecided

2. Well, we are not told anywhere in that story that love had anything to do with Joseph's marriage or his eventual decision after the dream/vision. undecided

3. Or the mind could simply not do any of what you claim there. There are no set rules as far as the mind is concerned so let's not now pretend there are.. undecided

4. What has that to do with this topic or my comment abeg? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Made Joseph Believe Mary's Story by akingonline: 9:57pm On May 12, 2022
I believe Joseph trusted Mary and the pregnancy would be having shocking to him. Immediately the angel revealed the truth about the pregnancy it was very easy for Joseph to believe. Both of them loved and respected each other. It was a perfect courtship that God use to bring about Jesus Christ to the earth. A very exemplary model for christian singles in courtship and relationship.
Re: What Made Joseph Believe Mary's Story by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On May 12, 2022
akingonline:
I believe Joseph trusted Mary and the pregnancy would be having shocking to him. Immediately the angel revealed the truth about the pregnancy it was very easy for Joseph to believe. Both of them loved and respected each other. It was a perfect courtship that God use to bring about Jesus Christ to the earth. A very exemplary model for christian singles in courtship and relationship.
None of what you claim is written in scripture abeg! undecided

1 Like

Re: What Made Joseph Believe Mary's Story by Maynman: 10:40pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
None of what you claim is written in scripture abeg! undecided

Yes it is, Hag.
https://enc.ph/joseph-mary-interrupted/

(1) (Reply)

The Blessings And Benefits Of The Resurrection Of Jesus. Part 124. / Why Do U Want To Be Rich? / Female Traditional Worshipper Captured Throwing Money Into River For The Gods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.