Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,921 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race (39421 Views)

DSS Arrests NIRSAL Boss, Abbas Umar Maisanawa / APC's Dikko Radda Wins Katsina Governorship Election / Breaking: Buhari Raised Adams Oshiomole's Hand As Katsina Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:15pm On May 12, 2022
This precedent, I pity this country in coming years.
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by ofuonyebi: 8:20pm On May 12, 2022
why some of you de yan and para over the bid of UMAR ..
CBN Chief money printer be say....some of you otulu did not know say;
the people who chop belefuul no know say some people no get garri to drink...
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by lereinter(m): 8:26pm On May 12, 2022
Not until buhari term end and he's unable to put a stooge into office as successor then will nigerians know the extent of damage that has happened to nigeria.

The reason he's looking for gej
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by oyeb15: 8:28pm On May 12, 2022
No courtesy or fear again
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by planetx: 8:29pm On May 12, 2022
I have asked this question before but never got a satisfactory answer, we hear that some states are owing 5 to 6 months salary. So why don't they just print money from this place and pay the workers or is it not just paper and ink. I know inflation bla bla but America prints as much dollars as they want to buy up the world's valuable natural resources so why not Nigeria.
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by nedekid: 8:35pm On May 12, 2022
How much did he pay for form? Na wah. Before civil servants will hide, same with political appointees.
Now they are buying 100m forms and even presenting to Sai baba for blessings. shocked wonderful!
Come and see ohh, sitting cbn gov paid 100m and wants to be president, "dilector" pay millions too, him Wan become gobina shocked.
Today I bought $1 @590.
Angola 1 month ago currency gained 20% against dollar, Russian rouble despite the sanctions has appreciated more than before the war to 67 to $1!
But we, naija, despite the increase and demand in oil, our naira is falling on a daily basis.
Why will it not fall? Other day I heard of an oga having $20m allocation at official rate to sell after adding his markup!
Shey you all see where the naira is going? Ask for BTA now, they will tell you no dollar! My aboki friend, his SUV is always parked in front of Zenith bank, from morning to night. Infact I had to ask him if him don turn banker.
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by Advision: 8:41pm On May 12, 2022
subsidywise18:

Naira is falling because we are not a manufacturing and exporting society

We sell oil and the price most of the time does not favour us

Petrol has been trading at highs for over 1year now, why then is the naira still in a steep decline?

A lot of civil servants are less diligent in their work and more focus on politics and other distractions. No accountability....ASUU is on strike , Ngige rather than dealing with the frequent and longing strike, Emefiele is fixated on politics than salvaging the destructive diff between the official & parallel rate that is driving round-tripping
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by Propertyforum: 8:42pm On May 12, 2022
Our money is gone
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 12, 2022
Lmao
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by showafrica(m): 8:44pm On May 12, 2022
HonNL:
The NSPMC is a subsidiary of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) responsible for printing and minting the nation’s currency notes, coins and high-level security documents.

Masanawa purchased the N50 million APC governorship form on Wednesday.

https://gazettengr.com/umar-masanawa-director-in-charge-of-printing-naira-picks-apc-forms-without-resigning/

Cheyy... So na Fulani man dey print our money and we dey here dey shout inflation?. God have mercy... O lord pls pity us.
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by Cmanforall: 8:46pm On May 12, 2022
HonNL:
The NSPMC is a subsidiary of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) responsible for printing and minting the nation’s currency notes, coins and high-level security documents.

Masanawa purchased the N50 million APC governorship form on Wednesday.

https://gazettengr.com/umar-masanawa-director-in-charge-of-printing-naira-picks-apc-forms-without-resigning/
It's Buhari's states man that's incharge of printing Nigerian currency? And he is not satisfied in that position, he's now interested in joining politics to become a governor?
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by chatinent: 8:47pm On May 12, 2022
Dem don thief this country naked
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by Confirm4real(m): 8:51pm On May 12, 2022
Under Buhari our eyez don see pepper.

Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 12, 2022
Advision:

Petrol has been trading at highs for over 1year now

1.Our breakeven crude oil price is $133 per barrel...which was reached 2 months ago. Oil has been below 70-80 dollars for most of last year...till 3-4 months ago, when it crossed 90 dollars for the first time.

2.We are not earning enough because 1) we have debts to pay, which we took on when oil was low , which is since April 2014 when the price began crashing 2) high cost of maintaining subsides on fuel means that most of our earnings go there. Right now, NNPC has been unable to remit money to the federation account because subsidy costs are eating up the money. (The subsidy money, roughly speaking, could have been used for refineries, but selling fuel at market price , as they do in all other parts of Africa, excepting Angola and Algeria...is too politically unpopular).

3.This is not a defence of Buhari...we were here between 1982-91, and 92-2006...after an oil boom from 1973-81/2(danger signs noted in 1981). Buhari had tools to use to get us on a firm footing...but he did not use those tools.

The article 'Managing the Dutch disease in Nigeria gives a good explanation of what is happening now. It was written in 2004...with the 1982-2006 period of depression happening in real time then.

why then is the naira still in a steep decline?

We rely on oil. Oil prices are not favourable for most of the time...so we don't earn enough forex, and go into debt. Then when oil prices are favourable, we then have to pay of debt and pay for things like subsides (whose costs have gone up) and so forth...which affects the value of the naira.

All African currencies are that way...because they are dependent on the amount of forex we earn from one source of revenue. ...selling a raw material. We don't export manufactured goods ...whose prices we can set....and thus earn far more dollars than we do.

Ghana, for example..once sold cocoa for 2 billion dollars. A company in the UK took part of the cocoa and made products worth 17 billion dollars. Why can't Ghana make cocoa products in ghana and export?

A lot of civil servants are less diligent in their work and more focus on politics and other distractions. No accountability....ASUU is on strike , Ngige rather than dealing with the frequent and longing strike, Emefiele is fixated on politics than salvaging the destructive diff between the official & parallel rate that is driving round-tripping

1.In breif, ASUU's strike can only end if the government and ASUU themselves accept that fees have to be raised....because 3 billion dollars to be shared among primary, secondary and tertiary sectors in this country is not enough to fund what they want. (and universities alone need far far more than that)

The fun part is that most people seem to think that you can get a $40000 education from fees below $200 or even less. That's not possible. They also think that you can get free education on a tax to gdp ratio of 8.1%, when countries like Denmark do the same on a tax to gdp ratio of 40-47%/.

2.As for CBN, again, if Nigeria is not earning enough dollars, that's not his fault...and no, I am not defending him. CBN governors past and present have always stated that Nigeria needs to change the way it does things.

A CBN governor helps set monetary policy...based on how much money Nigeria earns. How Nigeria earns that money is not under his direct control.
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by olas24u(f): 9:11pm On May 12, 2022
Efcc will be chasing young people all around the place.
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by caesymore(m): 9:18pm On May 12, 2022
[quote author=saapphiere post=112770708][/quote]

Your greatest obsession.
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by Timblaze(m): 9:37pm On May 12, 2022
Buhari �
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by Kfed4ril(m): 9:51pm On May 12, 2022
subsidywise18:

What is the price of oil today? Stop giving stupid excuses for the useless government.
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by godofuck231: 10:01pm On May 12, 2022
subsidywise18:

do you read in between the lines , this guys life time pay cant get him that form
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 12, 2022
Kfed4ril:

What is the price of oil today? Stop giving stupid excuses for the useless government.

Thanks for calling me stupid, and for assuming, wrongly, that I am excusing the government

Have a good rest of the day.
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 12, 2022
godofuck231:
do you read in between the lines , this guys life time pay cant get him that form

I don't want him to get the presidency, but he was a bank executive for many years, before he got the CBN job, and he probably has a diversifed financial portfolio that would help him to be able to afford the forms.
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by kingemaker(m): 10:18pm On May 12, 2022
If my oga is misbehaving, who am I to do otherwise? cheesy
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by Etimemy: 10:23pm On May 12, 2022
Who do this to us
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by godofuck231: 10:27pm On May 12, 2022
subsidywise18:

I don't want him to get the presidency, but he was a bank executive for many years, before he got the CBN job, and he probably has a diversifed financial portfolio that would help him to be able to afford the forms.

guy lion de watch you and tiger fight, who you think go survive on the long run?
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by Phaantom22: 10:29pm On May 12, 2022
Make dem just sale this country na, everyone wants to rule after looting the country dry
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 12, 2022
godofuck231:
guy lion de watch you and tiger fight, who you think go survive on the long run?

Well, I am not voting for either PDP or APC, or emiefele or Tinubu or Atiku or Obi...so go ask the average APC supporter.

I just expressed my opinion that the Emefiele could afford the forms based on the fact that he was a CEO of a bank (Zenith) for many years, before he became CBN governor, and he probably has invested in stocks and shares that have yielded him a lot of money.

Either way, he and his party are not my choice .
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by godofuck231: 11:13pm On May 12, 2022
subsidywise18:

Well, I am not voting for either PDP or APC, or emiefele or Tinubu or Atiku or Obi...so go ask the average APC supporter.

I just expressed my opinion that the Emefiele could afford the forms based on the fact that he was a CEO of a bank (Zenith) for many years, before he became CBN governor, and he probably has invested in stocks and shares that have yielded him a lot of money.

Either way, he and his party are not my choice .
as far as the law provides he's a civil servant and he is an umpire , he has no concern with politics he's status should be non aligned
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by Richy4(m): 11:40pm On May 12, 2022
planetx:
I have asked this question before but never got a satisfactory answer, we hear that some states are owing 5 to 6 months salary. So why don't they just print money from this place and pay the workers or is it not just paper and ink. I know inflation bla bla but America prints as much dollars as they want to buy up the world's valuable natural resources so why not Nigeria.

It will result to inflation...Naira will be worthless... You see how all Zimbabweans are millionaire, that's how Nigeria will be.. a loaf of bread will be #40000
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by ddeola: 4:42am On May 13, 2022
Like CBN governor, like Minting-printing director. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by rafcrown(m): 4:44am On May 13, 2022
He must have printed more than enough notes for national and personal purposes.
Amaechi Railway money
CBN officials
Lagos monthly money
State money from serving governors etc
Re: Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race by TheOmoney(m): 5:11am On May 13, 2022
Imagine how much him don print for personal use

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Melaye Caught On Tape Revealing How He Framed Suspects In His Assassination - SR / Woman Gets Swollen Eye Over Token By Deputy Governor's Wife In Edo. Photos / Photos: President Buhari Arrives Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.