Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k (739 Views)

I Became Chairman Of UBA, Transcorp Without Wealthy Parents – Tony Elumelu / How I Became A Millionaire With Wheelbarrow Business - Chukwuma Ezeh / Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by mbahdi(m): 3:07pm On May 12, 2022
Determination and transparency is key to success.
Forgive my spellings or way of writing as many professors in English are in nairaland.
Am from the Eastern part of the country,as you all know how things goes there,a situation where a man will go and bring up a boy to serve him, which after several years will settle him.
I finished my secondary school 2012, having lost hope in Nigeria system of school.seeing my two older brothers trying to write jamb for more than 5years still not getting admission.the other have been in school still not graduating.
I made up my mind to go and serve,after serving for 5yrs,though wasn't easy narrowly excaped giving up along the line, finally I was settled 2017 after series of suspension from coming to shop,stayed almost 6months at home doing nothing waiting to be settled.
Finally I was given 200000(two hundred thousand naira)under electrical materials.
The worst part is that I wasn't given in cash,was given a goods worth 200k,mind u,I stay in a local area,not a business thriving area where a shop is rented for 2k per month.tink of how local such area will be.he said he settles me with 250k,that the 50k goes for the shop payments and other expenses of the shop.
Long story cut short.it wasn't easy.i cried and picked up myself cause have no body to support or help me.God been with me.with determination and focus,I started 14th February 2017.
Though a local area I bought an half plot of land 300thousand march 2018, and started building my 3bed room flat which by the grace of God I finished last year, although I haven't moved into it cause I have nobody to be living with me and I can't live alone.my shop has grown to the glory of God,have moved from my little shop I started life to a bigger one.am not trying to show off.but to encourage our youhts that crime isn't the only way to success
Determination prayer and transparency is the greatest and quickest way to success.
Some may say I saved my ogas money,
My oga is a diabolic type dat lay curses on his children for tempering with his money think of how heavy curse he will lay on those not his children.i save not even his one naira.
Remain bleesed

6 Likes

Re: Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by SultanYoung: 3:18pm On May 12, 2022
Bless up bro

1 Like

Re: Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by garriAndsugar: 3:19pm On May 12, 2022
Yes. That was how I served in a poultry and was settled with one egg now I have hundreds of birds I look at in the sky flying

4 Likes

Re: Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by soberdrunk(m): 3:21pm On May 12, 2022
Bros no disrespect but you need to shed more light on this your inspirational story. Them settle you in 2017 with "goods" worth "200k" and 12 months later you were able to buy "300k" land in an area with slow sales, another 3 years later you were able to complete a fully furnished 3 bedroom house.......... angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by Mariangeles(f): 3:31pm On May 12, 2022
garriAndsugar:
Yes. That was how I served in a poultry and was settled with one egg now I have hundreds of birds I look at in the sky flying

Keep making jokes and excuses, while others are making it.
E go soon clear for your eyes.

Op, how about a picture of your house?

5 Likes

Re: Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by Mariangeles(f): 3:34pm On May 12, 2022
soberdrunk:
Bros no disrespect but you need to shed more light on this your inspirational story. Them settle you in 2017 with "goods" worth "200k" and 12 months later you were able to buy "300k" land in an area with slow sales, another 3 years later you were able to complete a fully furnished 3 bedroom house.......... angry angry angry

Nowhere in his post did he write that the house was "fully furnished".

2 Likes

Re: Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by doggedfighter(f): 3:42pm On May 12, 2022
This your success story is too smooth a journey.

Congratulations.

2 Likes

Re: Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by mbahdi(m): 3:52pm On May 12, 2022
soberdrunk:
That was why I said long story cut short..
My sister borrowed me 50k,then I went and meet one of my ogas customers that do give him goods,I begged him to be giving me goods as well,but he was scared based on that I just started new,after much pleas,he collected the 50k and gave me goods worth 150k,I was able to pay the balance on time he gave me another goods of 100k,that was how he started giving me goods of 500k,1millon and more,I used my land to borrow 500k from micro finance bank, bought a new Bajaj motor cycle 2019 which I do use for commercial purpose at night after closing from the shop.along the line I was able to get some alaba guys number,this guy's cemented my move to next level there give me goods worth millions and also will give you time to sale and return the money back.these are the ways I scaled through.for those mocking or doubting.although am not already rich,but I thank God I can't be called poor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by garriAndsugar: 4:36pm On May 12, 2022
Mariangeles:

Keep making jokes and excuses, while others are making it.
E go soon clear for your eyes.

Op, how about a picture of your house?
Well I'm contented and happy with what I have for now.

I don't know or care about your making it syndrome..
Re: Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by Mariangeles(f): 5:07pm On May 12, 2022
garriAndsugar:

Well I'm contented and happy with what I have for now.

I don't know or care about your making it syndrome..

You're "contented and happy".
Is that why you should ridicule someone else's story? Hmm?
Re: Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by garriAndsugar: 5:19pm On May 12, 2022
Mariangeles:

You're "contented and happy".
Is that why you should ridicule someone else's story? Hmm?
I was only making the thread spicy the op story was boring

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by Munzy14(m): 5:44am On May 13, 2022
mbahdi:

My sister borrowed me 50k,then I went and meet one of my ogas customers that do give him goods,I begged him to be giving me goods as well,but he was scared based on that I just started new,after much pleas,he collected the 50k and gave me goods worth 150k,I was able to pay the balance on time he gave me another goods of 100k,that was how he started giving me goods of 500k,1millon and more,I used my land to borrow 500k from micro finance bank, bought a new Bajaj motor cycle 2019 which I do use for commercial purpose at night after closing from the shop.along the line I was able to get some alaba guys number,this guy's cemented my move to next level there give me goods worth millions and also will give you time to sale and return the money back.these are the ways I scaled through.for those mocking or doubting.although am not already rich,but I thank God I can't be called poor.
Kudos! Man..

Your story is clear.. It takes one who knows businesses and true son of the soil to understand your story perfectly..

You are soo fucused as functional real man..

Most of our yahoo younger boys no go believe this process...And I understand.

Any serious businessman,starts with exactly the way you did...One mogul must give you huge goods to sell and repay later...When you get to that peak, remember to help one focused youth in your line of business become somebody in life..

Givers never lack.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by Joanney: 8:21am On May 13, 2022
But why do most of the "ogas" especially those in the east settle their apprentices poorly?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by nedekid: 9:30pm On Jun 16, 2022
garriAndsugar:
grin
Re: Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by DenreleDave(m): 9:37pm On Jun 16, 2022
mbahdi:

God has blessed you bro....

Same God dt opened way for you will Open ours too
Re: Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by SuperOnyi: 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
shocked

@mbahdi

This is one of the reasons, I've got a strong detest for that backward nwaboi apprenticeship and I believe, if it's not modernized with rules and regulations for both an "oga and nwaboi" — this practice will die soon.

I also served and wasn't given a penny, I didn't even know, this man didn't sign the agreement with my mother and I was suffering and almost lost my sanity due to the mental and physical abuse.

Man, I went through hell and had to escape for my life in 2021 after almost 4 years! If not for his daughter that told me, the man wasn't planning to give me sh*t if I leave — I wouldn't save a penny! This man always accuse me but everybody including his children knows, I always stay away from his money.

I managed to save 39,000 Naira or so, through "osò ahia" (mind you, I was restless while doing this, so I kept sending whatever I had to a friend that also served this man) and left on 19 September 2021. Within 2 weeks of leaving, the money was gone, I bought an itel p15 for communication and groceries...

Man, I feel suicidal but I'm still pushing because of my mother. If I had gone to university, I'd be a graduate by now or close to that. I wasted all my teenage years... My reputation damaged...

@joanney
Re: Testimony Time,how I Became A Landlord With 200k by plsdisvirginme: 5:43pm On Jan 17, 2023
mbahdi:
Determination and transparency is key to success.
Forgive my spellings or way of writing as many professors in English are in nairaland.
Am from the Eastern part of the country,as you all know how things goes there,a situation where a man will go and bring up a boy to serve him, which after several years will settle him.
I finished my secondary school 2012, having lost hope in Nigeria system of school.seeing my two older brothers trying to write jamb for more than 5years still not getting admission.the other have been in school still not graduating.
I made up my mind to go and serve,after serving for 5yrs,though wasn't easy narrowly excaped giving up along the line, finally I was settled 2017 after series of suspension from coming to shop,stayed almost 6months at home doing nothing waiting to be settled.
Finally I was given 200000(two hundred thousand naira)under electrical materials.
The worst part is that I wasn't given in cash,was given a goods worth 200k,mind u,I stay in a local area,not a business thriving area where a shop is rented for 2k per month.tink of how local such area will be.he said he settles me with 250k,that the 50k goes for the shop payments and other expenses of the shop.
Long story cut short.it wasn't easy.i cried and picked up myself cause have no body to support or help me.God been with me.with determination and focus,I started 14th February 2017.
Though a local area I bought an half plot of land 300thousand march 2018, and started building my 3bed room flat which by the grace of God I finished last year, although I haven't moved into it cause I have nobody to be living with me and I can't live alone.my shop has grown to the glory of God,have moved from my little shop I started life to a bigger one.am not trying to show off.but to encourage our youhts that crime isn't the only way to success
Determination prayer and transparency is the greatest and quickest way to success.
Some may say I saved my ogas money,
My oga is a diabolic type dat lay curses on his children for tempering with his money think of how heavy curse he will lay on those not his children.i save not even his one naira.
Remain bleesed
Can you employ me

(1) (Reply)

Peanut Burger And Peanut Coating Machine / Making Money With Domains / 10 Order Pulling Ways To End Your Ad Copy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.