Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? (1557 Views)

Interesting Images From Precolonial And Early Colonial Africa / Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People / Colonial Alaigbo (Igboland) in Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? by rover321: 9:22am On Jul 13, 2011
The couple celebrating their nuptials are apparently Brits who went to South Africa to do their wedding.

source: http://www.myweku.com/forum/offbeat-funny-weird-sad-stuff/400-colonial-themed-wedding-south-africa-complete-all-black-servant-staff.html

Re: Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? by zukkyo: 9:18am On Jul 17, 2011
i wonder why this is not being taken up by anybody.

i saw this and went on to read the news online, i was going to puke!!

why would anybody wanna re-enact such horrible acts?
and those fat black bastards, pardon my language, no matter how much u get paid, going back to slavery? God help me,

i think South Africans either enjoy serving whites, or they are mentally incapacitated,

time ago--2 years i guess it was about 5 women wokring on a farm owned by whites, n they were fed pee for the whole time, they accepted,
now them fat baggers are there in a slavery wedding, no brains in south africa i CONCLUDE
Re: Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? by zukkyo: 9:23am On Jul 17, 2011
to back up my claim,

here's the link to the former episode i mentioned,
i trust they lack brains down there http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1580052/Black-South-Africans-forced-to-drink-urine.html
Re: Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? by rover321: 9:35am On Jul 17, 2011
wow that link? and they too, they drank

unfortunately the world does not put the atrocities of the colonial era on par with say what happened to the jews. imagine if this had been a hitler themed wedding?
Re: Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? by pleep(m): 8:43pm On Jul 19, 2011
^^ wow your right. I never thought about it like that.
Re: Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? by Bawss1(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2011
Off course trust NLanders to make so much fuss about all this. The 1800s was a period in the history of Europeans and just because that was the period when colonization was in vogue doesn’t mean they should hide it entirely. You guys give off the impression that colonization was the worst evil to visit the earth. The couple chose to celebrate their wedding in the theme of that period, deal with it.
Re: Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? by pleep(m): 7:21pm On Jul 20, 2011
^ "the period when colonization was in vougue" lol!! I never thought I would here something like that. grin smh

Anyway your right, the wedding is not a big deal. But what was the "worst evil to visit the earth" in your oppinion? I'm sure it's not colonialism, but I have a feeling the villagers in the Congo who had their limbs sawed off if they couldnt harvest rubber would disagree.   wink
Re: Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? by african1(f): 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2011
Whats up with all the black servants Are you kidding me. Why would anybody do that? If this was a regular wedding, all the servants wouldn't be black. Something is fishy undecided
Re: Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? by pleep(m): 10:33pm On Jul 20, 2011
^Yea it's colonial themed. Those servants are really lacking in self-respect  undecided

Or just poor sad
Re: Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? by african1(f): 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2011
It is upsetting! I know its their wedding and everything, but they have no right to bring back bad memories. sad
Re: Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? by pleep(m): 11:11pm On Jul 20, 2011
^yea, that guy in picture looks very unhappy.
Heck, I bet he lived through some of it! If he's a S. African
Re: Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? by african1(f): 11:24pm On Jul 20, 2011
He does look upset sad sad Maybe he just needs the money. cry cry

Lol I am jittering right now! I just finished two bottles of Doctor Pepper, grin grin grin
Re: Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? by pleep(m): 12:27am On Jul 21, 2011
Whaaat  tongue you get geeked of dr pepper? Lucky.

I've 2 cans of coccaine (the energy drink with 500mg of caffiene) and nothing!  sad
Re: Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? by african1(f): 1:50am On Jul 21, 2011
Yea! Dr Pepper does that to me. tongue tongue tongue tongue

Are you serious? What are you a rock?Lol
Re: Colonial Themed Wedding:is This Right And Could It Happen In Nigeria? by pleep(m): 5:06am On Aug 27, 2011
yea. sad

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch -Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / Happy Mothers Day Wishes 2015 / Pictures From Calabar Carnival Cultural Display

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.