Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

I Have A Question For Jehova Witnesses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have A Question For Jehova Witnesses (265 Views)

Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Question For Jehova Witnesses by Nicollas01: 11:24pm On May 12, 2022
Respectfully,Why do Jehovah’s Witnesses say there is no burning hell in the Bible, when there is a lake of fire in the scriptures . I'll be reading the comments
Re: I Have A Question For Jehova Witnesses by Nicollas01: 11:48pm On May 12, 2022
Re: I Have A Question For Jehova Witnesses by ChocolateWine(f): 5:48am On May 13, 2022
tongue
Re: I Have A Question For Jehova Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:48am On May 13, 2022
Nicollas01:

Respectfully,Why do Jehovah’s Witnesses say there is no burning hell in the Bible, when there is a lake of fire in the scriptures . I'll be reading the comments

Thanks for respectfully and politely asking this question, we know many like you must have observed how zealous and industrious we are in preaching and teaching about our God in your neighbourhood but keep wondering why our interpretation of the scripture totally negates what other religions believe.
This is the answer to your question!

In the beginning God never had any intention of making anyone to suffer, His plan was to see how humans with the intelligence He gave them could make the planet more beautiful than how it was when there are just a pair of humans. Genesis 1:26-28
But sadly the first human pair decided to become rebels so God punished them in line with what He has told them, it's either they obey His wise counsel and keep living or disobey and return to non-existence! Genesis 2:17; 3:19
This is why we are all growing old, getting sick and dying. Romans 3:23; 5:12
Some of the descendants of the first pair just happens to prove otherwise in their own ways so they makes God happy to have created them {Genesis 4:4} so there's a reward that awaits such ones in the future, they will be called back to life again when all evildoers are gone {Job 14:13-15 compare to Psalms 37:9-11; Proverbs 2:20-22} but people who don't care about God will be forgotten in their graves they will not be remembered! Psalms 9:17

So when Jesus of Nazareth came to this planet as the world's most wonderful counselor he taught so many things using idioms, symbolic terms and parables {Matthew 13:13,34} most times when he speaks about evildoers or unrepentant sinners Jesus always compare their condition after death to things thrown in garbage sites where fire is burning you and i know that whatever we throw into such place can't be retrieved {Matthew 10:28} that's what he meant by "LAKE of FIRE" it simply means the type of death where those who goes there can't come back, all Adam's descendants supposed to be remembered and called back to life because we're not the ones who stubbornly ate what will kill us so our punishment of death supposed to be a temporary one but most people choose to follow Adam's rebellious acts so their own death is permanent: THE SECOND DEATH! Revelations 20:15

Thanks once again, God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: I Have A Question For Jehova Witnesses by Nicollas01: 7:59am On May 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Thanks for respectfully and politely asking this question, we know many like you must have observed how zealous and industrious we are in preaching and teaching about our God in your neighbourhood but keep wondering why our interpretation of the scripture totally negates what other religions believe.
This is the answer to your question!

In the beginning God never had any intention of making anyone to suffer, His plan was to see how humans with the intelligence He gave them could make the planet more beautiful than how it was when there are just a pair of humans. Genesis 1:26-28
But sadly the first human pair decided to become rebels so God punished them in line with what He has told them, it's either they obey His wise counsel and keep living or disobey and return to non-existence! Genesis 2:17; 3:19
This is why we are all growing old, getting sick and dying. Romans 3:23; 5:12
Some of the descendants of the first pair just happens to prove otherwise in their own ways so they makes God happy to have created them {Genesis 4:4} so there's a reward that awaits such ones in the future, they will be called back to life again when all evildoers are gone {Job 14:13-15 compare to Psalms 37:9-11; Proverbs 2:20-22} but people who don't care about what God will be forgotten in their graves they will not be remembered! Psalms 9:17

So when Jesus of Nazareth came to this planet as the world's most wonderful counselor he taught so many things using idioms, symbolic terms and parables {Matthew 13:13,34} most times when he speaks about evildoers or unrepentant sinners Jesus always compare their condition after death to things thrown in garbage sites where fire is burning you and i know that whatever we throw into such place can't be retrieved {Matthew 10:28} that's what he meant by "LAKE of FIRE" it simply means the type of death where those who goes there can't come back, all Adam's descendants supposed to be remembered and called back to life because we're not the ones who stubbornly are what will kill us so our punishment of death supposed to be a temporary one but most people choose to follow Adam's rebellious acts so their own death is permanent: THE SECOND DEATH! Revelations 20:15

Thanks once again, God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Thank you
Re: I Have A Question For Jehova Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:03am On May 13, 2022
Nicollas01:

Thank you
My pleasure, you're welcome Sir! smiley
Re: I Have A Question For Jehova Witnesses by haddeylium(m): 2:11pm On May 13, 2022
Nicollas01:

Nice question.
Before dealing with the lake of fire and brimstone, let me explain that the words most frequently translated as “hell” in the Bible are the Hebrew word “sheol” and its Greek equivalent “hades”.

Jehovah’s Witnesses understand that both refer to the common grave of mankind (Psalm 16:10, Acts 2:27), instead of a fiery hell of tortures. Why?

Since dead people are unconscious (Ecclesiastes 9:10), they can’t feel any pain.
Since people such as Jacob and Job expected to go there (Genesis 37:35; Job 14:13), it is clear that good people go to hell.
The Bible states that the penaly for sin is death, rather than torture in fire (Romans 6:7).
Eternal punishment wouldn’t be just, since God warned Adam that if he sinned, his punishment would simply be death (Genesis 3:19). God would have been lying if he later sent him to a fiery hell.
God is love and he has never even contemplate the idea of eternal torture (1 John 4:8; Jeremiah 7:31).
As for the Lake of Fire, we understand it is a symbol, rather than a factual lake.

On the one hand, the book of Revelation is basically a symbolic vision or set of visions. In the first verse, we read: “Christ expressed this revelation by means of symbols sent through his angel to his servant John” (Evangelical Heritage Version).
The fact that the Devil is cast into this lake seems to us to be an indication that the lake of fire is symbolic, since the Devil is a spirit creature, which can’t be harmed by literal fire.
Death, or the absense of life is also burnt in the lake, which is physically impossible.
The wild beast and the false prophet, symbols themselves, are also cast into the lake.
The Bible itself explains that the lake of fire represents the second death (Rev 20:14; 21:cool.
These links will give you more information:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-hell/ https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/lake-of-fire/

Sergio saveer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have A Question For Jehova Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:18pm On May 16, 2022
jw.org

(1) (Reply)

Murder Of Deborah Yakubu: Catholic Archbishop Of Lagos: Punish Perpetrators / BREAKING: ISWAP Responsible For Ondo Catholic Church Attack – FG / Cross-River Catholic Church Stops Worshipers Without PVC From Entering Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.