Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Wrong Portrayal Of African Traditional Religion - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Wrong Portrayal Of African Traditional Religion (178 Views)

The Image Portrayal Of Women In Nigerian Popular Music / The Image Portrayal Of Women In Nigerian Popular Music / Introduction To African Traditional Religion - Witchcraft And Sorcery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wrong Portrayal Of African Traditional Religion by Obc1234(m): 12:16pm On May 13, 2022
African traditional religion is a religion that originated and practiced basically in Africa, it is one of the oldest religion in the world, it's made of African beliefs, worship, rituals,cults,morals, customs,norms and practices, it was the core of African culture before Western introduction of Christianity and Islam.

Major wrong portrayal of African traditional religion

1, primitive: African traditional religion is portrayed as primitive religion because Western believe that Africans themselves are primitive and also because it's one of the earliest forms of religion which never developed from its early stage but both Africans and the ATR are none of these. Africans are not primitive together with ATR we are developed and a developing people and religion
2, Paganism: This is another wrong description of the African traditional religion. The Romans who worshipped their emperor's image were called pagans, so Paganism simply means worshipping of high rank living men and women, it's even some Nigeria Christian that practice Paganism by worshipping their pastors and priest not African traditional worshippers, ATR is not the worship of any human being nor the image of man so it's not paganism
3, Idolatry: to be continued••••
I'm an upcoming writer/ blogger please help me achieve my dream, I haven't published any book yet because I don't have idea how it's being done, still young just finished secondary School
Re: Wrong Portrayal Of African Traditional Religion by pennywys(m): 1:10pm On May 13, 2022
wink

Very interesting and well educative

Admin bikonu kindly take this to front page

(1) (Reply)

Why Vision Fails / Research Paper Assignment Help @51% Off Best Assignment Writer / Encourage Children To Play Educational Games At The Appropriate Age.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.