Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,107 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Curbing Religious Intolerance In The Bud. In Memory Of The Brave Deborah Samuel. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Curbing Religious Intolerance In The Bud. In Memory Of The Brave Deborah Samuel. (340 Views)

Religious Intolerance: Nigerians Must Learn This Solution From Osun By Adeola / Presidency React To US List Of Countries Which Practice Religious Intolerance / The Man Who Can Nip The SARS Menace In The Bud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Curbing Religious Intolerance In The Bud. In Memory Of The Brave Deborah Samuel. by Ade3000yrs(m): 2:03pm On May 13, 2022
Curbing Religious Intolerance In The Bud. In Memory Of The Brave Deborah Samuel.

For those of you cowards who try to justify the death of this innocent girl and choose to distance yourself from this subject, I must say your cowardice is loud enough for the world to see. I still can't wrap my head around this that this innocent young lady deserved death in the hands of these deranged and radicalized elements or mobsters because she insulted prophet Mohammed Is this not the same way, style and reason how and why Bokoharam, bandits and the rest of their likes claim to be killing and beheading in the name of religion and infidels? This I think the insecurity rampaging the north is a self inflicted pain as the North is now the head quarter of terrorism and insurgency in Nigeria. These are the faces and community that birth and midwife terrorism in Nigeria and if government need to fight insurgency, we need to first reorientate the larger masses of the northern Islamic faithfuls else the war against insurgency may never end soon because most of these radicalized guys are demons in the guise of religion. Look at them in the video and you would see they have no life and nothing to live for with a signature of poverty written all over them as they all have common semblance of zombies with a cheap and savage religious command of attack and destroy. Now all the evils and prophesy and forecast about the North are coming to fruition. With this ideology, I doubt if anything good can happen to the north again because many like Samuel Deborah have died in the hands of misinformed and deranged minds like these ones.

Anyway, if you are a notherner or resident in the north, regardless of your religion or faith or ideology and you don't feel the collective duty to nip this issue in the bud, you or any close member of your family may be next because the North is already on fire with this same kind of flopped and crappy religious intolerant and religious ideology that has birth many radical
and terrorist movements such has banditry, herdsmen restiveness and bokoharam, ISWAP e.t.c that has engulfed the entire North such that even the Islamic Caliphates are not spared. You see fire is a good servant but a bad master and I must say with life and energy that the fire you set to your neighbor's house would sooner or later catch up with you. This is what we get when we tend to polarize each other with religious yardsticks. The Islamic clerics have a lot to do in putting out this fire, They know exactly what to do. The same way the crisis played out to a national scale in countries like North and South Sudan, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mali, Congo DR, Equitorial Guinea,

This innocent lady Deborah has found her peace at least she is now free from the madness of being one of us and been a Nigerian which am sure she was never proud of. Am sure she felt she has had it up to her neck and that was the only way to fight back by speaking up for those who are still ready to cowardly continue playing partisanship. She died a free lady and a martyr speaking up where alot are afraid of been stifled to speak up. How many pints and cup of blood would this our vampire of an ideology have to gorge??

She stood for justice in the face of her coward executioners and mobsters and a failed system that was inept to timely intervene in her rescue from the hands of the unclean and savage mobsters. This is madness in the 21st Century, millenia and in a digital age. I supposed such would never have happened if it were to be in Russia where you have a mad and tyrant President like Putin who is the worst of all bullies and national figure in the world. This is exactly the reason why the North and south must split because its obvious there is omission of common ideology here just as Obafemi Awolowo once opined that until the fundamentals of our union as a nation are top on the list void of religious and tribal oppression, the north would not only continue to eat itself up with a folly and sentimental religious polity but would most likely become a battle ground breeding its own problems in its sham and veil of religious apostates

And educating these miscreants and radicalised lots and children of destructions may do little or nothing without first addressing the ills of their religious values, over indulgence and fanatism. All these guys are terrorist in disguise and not different from the bokoharam they intiated and fuelled till it became a full scale national crisis. People insult God and Jesus and God and Even Mohammed everyday in advance countries and their religious faithfuls don't fight back nor bite.

All in the name of religion? This is exactly the misgivings and gap our corrupt and double faced leaders are capitalizing on to milk us dry. We are polarizing the country and polity with Religious sentiments. Its a big shame whereas Islamic countries like Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia that are also Muslim countries have all left Nigeria long ago to focus more on industrialization and value adding matters that addresses the fundamental needs of the people because they believe if you die hungry and die poor you may suffer the same fate wherever you are going in the after life.

Here we just chose to make ourselves useless in the name of religion and our opportunist politicians are taking advantage of this to break the bank and sponsor any attempt to perfect this skill, art and act of religious mediocrity. A borrowed religion that is not in anyway ancestral to the custom land. Wether Islam or Christianity or of any sort, honestly we all need to get our brain checked both Christan and Muslims when it comes to matters of peace and religious intolerance because this ethnic, religious and tribal divides on the rampage is worse than the Covid 19 Virus carelessly unleashed from the Wuhan Chinese lab. God fight for himself and need nobody to defend him.

Religion to me is a cult as most of us know its an opium of the masses which we now see its no longer pulling much weight in the dimension of empirical and scientific values for the purpose of humanity development and material supplies even if it finds a soft spot or substance in the place of literature, culture and cohesive social values. Religion has long been a potent literature myth that we ought to by now long demystify as I believe it is aimed to unite people and bring people together and not to break nor scare people away. Social inclusion on grounds of religion should be a thing of choice and free will and not by compulsion.

This is why Dangote and the rest of other nothern business mogul and political big shots have bulk of their investments in the south of Nigeria but some devious northern elite has chosen to covet this weakness of the misinformed northern masses as political pondits since that his all they have chosen to do with their own life to be so heavenly minded and earthly useless.

Ola Rotimi has said it in his 1968 Play and his 1971 Novel that "The gods are not to blame." In this 21st Century, where the world is talking about the big picture and scientific research and industrial revolution and space exploration and nuclear armament for the fear of territorial invasion, an agenda in motion since as far back as the 50s, 60s and 70s, Here we are still bickering amongst ourselves in the name of Religion and little things. Sure every country has its own perculiar challenges but our case is far fartched unbefitten to be engaged with petty and primitive matters as such mob or public lynching in the name of Religion.

Honestly I must confess, forget all these unserious brandishing politicians and political party everywhere in Nigeria selling empty hands and pockets of air to the masses; we have no credible leader yet in Nigeria who can salvage the reigns of this country as we really need to look both inward and outward going around the world window shopping for credible leaders regardless of country, color or race or tribe because what I see before me is more than what my mouth and stomach can carry and its by far worse than the calamity that has befallen Ukraine that warranted the shelling and an Exodus from their land.

As Nigerians, we have for too long made a big fool of ourselves amongst the committee of nations that we are now hunted home and abroad and amongst our fellow tribal and natives and fellow Nigerians let alone from the rest of Africa and the larger global community. This to me is called a living hell and we continue to allow our crazy leaders to continue to play partisanship politics with the fabrics of our life and future generation. Till date, I am yet to see any tangible structure in place about the future of this my great country we have rubished with our hands. We have in a short time gone from top and choice tourism destination to terrorism destination. I really dont blame any foreigner or any oyinbo or white fellas with the way they treat us all over the world, I am in support that the discrimination and loathing should continue until we all come to our right senses.

When I heard #100 million naira for Presidential party ticket I was like #100 million naira for national campaign or for national funeral or what?? This is a broad daylight rape of the image of the Nigerian masses and come the time for election we would stupidly go and vote this E goats and slowpoke mocking us and we would be expecting a miraculous change to happen for Nigeria to be made a Paradise in 1 to 4yrs? Sure Nigeria need no rocket science to fix it just like some Asian countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia went headlong into transfer technology in the 60s and 70s since they know it is useless to reinvent the wheel instead of upgrading what has been provided. In fact for everyone of us in Nigeria, corruption has caught up with us all wether we are actively or passively an accomplice, wether your a beneficiary or a silent on the fence observer..

The koboko wey they wait us will find us any where we are or run to wether inside the well, wether your in Nigeria or you run to USA, UK, Norway, Ukraine, Russia, Canada, Germany, Lithuania, Estonia, Bosnia, Croatia, Singapore, Malaysia, Qatar, Bahrain, Dubai, France, Brazil, Mauritius, Comoros, any where you go hide or you enter, your own koboko dey wait you for front so I swaer. The same way the Isrealis suffered persecution for centuries even till date until they choose to get things right. As Nigerians, a people and a community, our body language and social vibe is becoming more and more dangerous and suicidal every passing day as most of us have too many untamed demons and grievances that has reduced or relegated us towards having our cerebrals in our genitals and under the soul of our feet and these dastardly tendencies and bad vibes speaks volume in us, amongst us and all over us and our way of life

1 Like

Re: Curbing Religious Intolerance In The Bud. In Memory Of The Brave Deborah Samuel. by Gentlerespect76: 2:08pm On May 13, 2022
Though I couldn't read through to the end, I agree with you in totality. Our leaders have failed; we have no nation at all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Deborah Samuel: Imam Of Peace Reacts, Calls For Arrest Of Killers / 5 Takeaways From Osinbajo’s Osogbo Carnival / Peter Obi joi APGA? See What Ojukwu Got In 2003 Presidential Election Under APGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.