Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,016 members, 7,828,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Bloody Sisters (full Series) Ramsey Noah, Nancyisime |latest Netflix 2022 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bloody Sisters (full Series) Ramsey Noah, Nancyisime |latest Netflix 2022 (458 Views)

Acting Challenge Reality Show: Sam Dede, Ramsey Noah, Others To Mentor / Regina Askia Plays Ramsey Nouah’s Wife In WEB. Gives Details Of Sex Scene / Louisa Ejenavbo: Ramsey Nouah & 'living In Bondage' Team Didn't Pay Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bloody Sisters (full Series) Ramsey Noah, Nancyisime |latest Netflix 2022 by kokolinxum: 6:46pm On May 13, 2022
Good evening nairalanders I bring to yall a review of most talked about Nollywood blockbuster #Blood sisters
Please, if you have not watched Blood Sisters, I am about to unapologetically ruin the suspense for you, so, if you would like to maintain the purity of a good watch, I would advise you stop reading at this point, and perhaps return after watching.

Without further ado, here goes the review of the year (for me)

Movie: Blood Sisters

Producer(s): EbonyLife Studios (Mo Abudu), Netflix
Director(s): Biyi Bandele, Kenneth Gyang
Cast:
Ini-Dima Okojie
Nancy Isime
Kate Henshaw
Wale Ojo
Deyemi Okanlawon
Ramsey Noah
Gabriel Afolayan
Kehinde Bankole
Genoveve Umeh
Ibrahim Suleiman
Daniel Etim-Effiong
Uche Jombo
Keppy Ekpeyong
Run Time: 4 episodes of 1 hour each

Plot:
Best friends Sarah Duru (Okojie) and Kemi Sanya (Isime), go on the run, after the accidental murder of Sarah's wealthy, influential, but extremely abusive fiancee, Kola Ademola (Okanlawon). In the hunt for the girls, secrets are revealed that threaten the facade the Ademola family matriarch, Uduak (Henshaw), has built over the years.

Review:

Hmm...like earlier stated, this is about to be a long read, because I cannot begin this review without going through a vote of thanks.

First of all, I would like to thank Aunty Mo Abudu for this brilliant work. I know I heavily shat on that atrocity of a movie they used to open the year for us, so, in the same light, I am here to douse this production in accolades.

The plot of this series was brilliant, and whoever suggested it be shot as a Limited Series, must have been communing with the angels at the time, because nothing else could have quite done justice to this Series and the many intricacies the plot presented. There were so many layers to the story, so many parts, it wasn't just a straightforward 'girls kill rich guy and go on the run' story. We were introduced to subplots; some other suspects, a sordid past, a dysfunctional family, bribery, blackmail, organ harvesting, all interwoven into one storyline. Lesser writers would have muddled it all up, but kudos to the writers of this story, because no one plotline swallowed the other. Although Sarah Duru and Kemi Sanya were the leads, I feel like the plotline allowed every other actor to shine, while not overshadowing the premise of the story. The scriptwriting in this, is possibly the best of any Nigerian production on Netflix in the last couple of years. Guys, there were punchlines, especially from Officer Joe 'Chicago' Obasanjo (Wale Ojo),there were quotable quotes. Ah, they finished work with the script.

My next point has to be the costuming, because the casting is so good, I may have to save it for later. If you're a fashion enthusiast, I imagine you must have been shrieking in glee at every outift reveal, particularly with Uduak Ademola (Henshaw), every piece was a hit, and damn if Miss Henshaw didn't wear the fabric off everything that got on her skin. I just dey see "couture, couture" everywhere, Netflix's budget did not go into any cheap shit, you can tell. Another character whose outfits I really enjoyed, whole not being flamboyant, has to be Akin's (Daniel Etim-Effiong). It was all simple, sleeveless kaftans, but they were so age appropriate and classy. Yinka Ademola (Kehinde Bankole), also had some outfits that will have you contacting your favourite clothes vendor for a wardrobe update. Every outfit was a hit, and you know Miss Bankole had the body for those fits.

Next up, settings. Now, you all know Lekkiwood would not be Lekkiwood if no be Lagos dem set the film. We really waka round Lagos, where we no reach? We saw Lekki, we saw Falomo, we saw a private beach (I'm not sure if it was Oniru or Elegushi), we enter village, and of course, our favorites tourist site, Makoko, also got a great feature. We were treated to scenes in the luxurious and palatial mansions.
Credit https://youtu.be/8g2bGAqS_n4

(1) (Reply)

Things To Know About The King Of Freestyle Rap In Nigeria (dandizzy) / The Best Way To Watch WWE Wrestlemania On IPTV / Young B - Ekanma Studio Session @youngb4all

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.