Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,344 members, 7,850,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:00 PM

I've Requisite Experience For Legislative Business, Best Representation - Dr. Um - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I've Requisite Experience For Legislative Business, Best Representation - Dr. Um (137 Views)

I've Requisite Experience For Legislative Business, Best Representation - Umoh / Buhari: Ensure Young People With Requisite Skills Get Board Appointments / Ondo approves Amotekun Bill, Draft Copy Ready For Legislative Scrutiny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I've Requisite Experience For Legislative Business, Best Representation - Dr. Um by Goddybass123: 6:47pm On May 14, 2022
... Drums Support for Akpabio's Presidential Ambition

A Law luminary aspiring on the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC), to represent Ikot Ekpene/Essien Udim/Obot Akara Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives in 2023, Patrick Umoh, has said he has requisite experience to represent the constituency, even as he promised to facilitate legislation for the development of the three Local Government Areas, when elected.

Patrick, a Knight of Saint John, dropped the hint, Saturday, while fielding questions from TheHILL Reporter in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital.

Dr. Umoh, a former Secretary, Obot Akara Local Government Council, opined that, it would be in the best interest of the people to send a lawyer into a law-making institution.

His words: “I’m someone with a multidisciplinary background and I will use this to the advantage of our people.

“As a matter of fact, I have important bills and motions that I’m going to move within the first 10 days if I’m sworn in as the representative of the Federal Constituency. And by the time we are three months old in office, our people will nod their heads in affirmation that indeed, the difference is clear."

The youthful aspirant who pledged to change the narrative of representation by attracting development to the Federal Constituency, said he will also focus on women and youth empowerment.

"I intend to adopt the bottom-top approach. With this approach, we will periodically hold town hall meetings where the issues in each community and its people will be tabled and jointly discuss on how to address them. This is not rocket science.

"Again, we will not be involved in providing water to a community where in fact their actual need is an access road and bridge or providing fertilizers to farmers whereas what they need is a soft loan to boost their farms.

"As for the youths and women that are the centre-point of my policy, aside from proving a safe and enabling environment for them to succeed in their craft, they will be trained and provided with starter packs for the training they will receive.

“When you empower women, you empower the nation while investment in youths will translate to nation building. By the grace of God, we will give our people the best empowerment in the history of empowerments in this constituency. Our investment will go beyond giving our constituents money and tools, we will follow through the process to ensure they recorded success,” Umoh noted.

The Obot Akara born law luminary used the occasion and called on Nigerians to support the aspiration of the former Minister, Niger Delta Affairs and Leader of APC in Akwa Ibom, Senator Godswill Akpabio, to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari, who will be completing his tenure by May 29 next year.

He boasted that, the name Godswill Akpabio is synonymous with Uncommon Transformation as he is the only Presidential aspirant with the Midas touch who will turn all facets of the country's economy to gold as he did in Akwa Ibom when he was the Governor.

“I plead with my party the APC and all Nigerians to give Senator Godswill Akpabio the chance to lead us in the next dispensation beacause he has bold and innovative ideas to improve security and solve other challenges facing the country," Dr. Umoh stated.

(1) (Reply)

Reps Aspirant, Agbese Recounts How Pastor Enenche Rescued Him From Accident / During An Already Scheduled Engagement With Stakeholders Of Our Party In Kano / Why Igbo Should Be Given Chance To Produce The Next President -okey Bakassi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.