Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO (46320 Views)

Your Plans To Join NATO Grave Mistake – Russia Warns Finland, Sweden / Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO / Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO by NigerianSage: 10:25pm On May 17, 2022
2loadedguy:

I am not even sure a lot of you understand the reason for Russia's war on Ukraine. It's just been termed Ukraine joining NATO as the reason but that's not Russia's reason. Russia's primary reason for the war is to liberate the Russian speaking territory of luhansk and dombass from Ukraine and probably Annex them and as at the last time I checked those territories are already occupied by the Russians. So please how has Russia lost the war? The same Putin just said he doesn't give a damn if Finland and Sweden joins NATO and that's not his business in as much as the territories are not harmed so how people twisted this war to be about joining NATO is still what I dont get.

Please, corroborate or show us the official reasons from the Kremlin to support your own fabricated reasons for invading Ukraine.

Is it no longer the De-Nazification of Ukraine?
Re: Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO by Merisbankie(m): 12:41am On May 18, 2022
Danf:
Vietnam war was a civil war,they were invited to fight
Syria nko
Re: Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO by drnoel: 4:23am On May 18, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Another Nairaland dundi
Una too many for here

My son, as U can't post a link to confirm your premise . Then your story is false
Re: Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO by lordofreal(m): 6:35am On May 18, 2022
cocolacec:

Historically most NATO countries are Russian enemies including Turkey.
so if Russia is a good boy and america a bad boy. They won't have had many countries as their enemies within it's nearest neighbors. at least charity begins from home. Let Russia settle with his neighbor first that's the best way to defeat your adversary.
Re: Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:11am On May 18, 2022
drnoel:

My son, as U can't post a link to confirm your premise . Then your story is false
I'll soon stop commenting on NL. Too many uneducated people saturate forum. They come with ignorant bigotry. The try to ram down ones throat their most ignorant opinion. Simple research on google they are unable to do. Instead they continue to assert themselves. It's so suffocating.
You want to be spoon fed Mr.
Article 10 of NATO treaty compulsorily requires consensus and unanimity among members states before admitting a new member

NATO’s “open door policy” is based on Article 10 of its founding treaty. Any decision to invite a country to join the Alliance is taken by the North Atlantic Council on the basis of consensus among all Allies. No third country has a say in such deliberations.

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/topics_49212.htm

What you should say is that, Turkey simply wants finland and sweden to outlaw the pkk group that have been terrorizing turkey for years. Turkey will achieve their aim when Finland and sweden shift ground, and they will eventually be admitted into NATO

1 Like

Re: Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO by drnoel: 4:53pm On May 18, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
I'll soon stop commenting on NL. Too many uneducated people saturate forum. They come with ignorant bigotry. The try to ram down ones throat their most ignorant opinion. Simple research on google they are unable to do. Instead they continue to assert themselves. It's so suffocating.
Article 10 of NATO treaty compulsorily requires consensus and unanimity among members states before admitting a new member

NATO’s “open door policy” is based on Article 10 of its founding treaty. Any decision to invite a country to join the Alliance is taken by the North Atlantic Council on the basis of consensus among all Allies. No third country has a say in such deliberations.

What you should say is that, Turkey simply wants finland and sweden to outlaw the pkk group that have been terrorizing turkey for years. Turkey will achieve their aim when Finland and sweden shift ground, and they will eventually be admitted into NATO

You have written your own and have given proof to defend your writings. So where is the problem?
Don't be a blatant fool like many on NL. I don't suffer them gladly.
Re: Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO by NigerianSage: 5:09pm On May 18, 2022
NOETHNICITY:

You are right and at the end of the day, Turkey will cave in after negotiations and some give and take, that's for sure.

This is one of the reasons why the EU is still reluctant to let Turkey into the EU, their shared values and commitments to EU ideals are not the same.

The EU made a terrible mistake with their unanimous votes requirements, a simple majority could have sufficed. One country blocking, blackmailing and holding the same entire Union hostage is detrimental to the very existence of the union.
Re: Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:19pm On May 18, 2022
drnoel:

You have written your own and have given proof to defend your writings. So where is the problem?
Don't be a blatant fool like many on NL. I don't suffer them gladly.
The problem is your ignorant obstinacy. Holding on to ur ignorant opinion without proof that turkey alone cannot be the reason why the ascension of finland and sweden into NATO will be put on hold. Even though effort was made to correct you after Erdogan made public statements in that regard. You insinuated to know better than the turkish president. That was when I knew something is seriously wrong with you
Re: Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO by drnoel: 10:22pm On May 18, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
The problem is your ignorant obstinacy. Holding on to ur ignorant opinion without proof that turkey alone cannot be the reason why the ascension of finland and sweden into NATO will be put on hold. Even though effort was made to correct you after Erdogan made public statements in that regard. You insinuated to know better than the turkish president. That was when I knew something is seriously wrong with you

I see the person with the problem being you.

I made no insinuations, just a plain statement. Right or wrong, it remains a statement. It's left for you to make your own statement and move on with proof and then leave the issue.

That you are still harping on this, shows you have a very big problem and it may bother on delusion of grandeur. Which, if I may say is a psychiatric problem. Go and have yourself checked.

I have no problem accepting were am wrong but not at the gratification of your delusion.

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Iran's Statement To The United Nations About Its Attack On Israel / Russian Warplanes Intercept US B-52 Nuclear Bomber Over Pacific Ocean(Pix,video) / The Sun’s Headline After UK Exited The European Union (EU) Is Just Epic (LOOK)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.