Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest (1293 Views)

Deborah Samuel: Pastor Adeboye Cancels Sokoto Crusade / Deborah's Death; CAN Calls For Nationwide Peaceful Protest on May 22, 2022-TBEM / Fashion Styles Of Deborah Enenche, Pastor Paul Enenche's Daughter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by domesifa(m): 11:13pm On May 14, 2022
The Christian Association of Nigeria, has called for a nationwide protest over the gruesome killing of Deborah Samuel, a 200 level student of Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto.

The CAN President, Rev. Olasupo Ayokunle, in a letter addressed to all bloc leaders, urged Christians to hold peaceful protests within their church premises on Sunday May 22, 2022.

He made the call against the backdrop of the Thursday killing and setting ablaze of the female student by an angry mob that accused her of blasphemy.

The letter dated May 14, 2022 and signed by CAN’s General Secretary, Joseph Daramola, reads: “I have been directed by the CAN President, His Eminence, Rev. Dr. Samson Olasupo A. Ayokunle, to request all Church Leaders, through your various Churches to organize a PEACEFUL PROTEST in honour of one of our daughters, DEBORAH YAKUBU who was gruesomely murdered on Thursday, 12 May, 2022 at the Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto in Sokoto State by some Islamic extremists.

The protest will take place on 22 May, 2022 in the afternoon by 3:00 Pm in every Secretariat of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) nationwide and not on the streets in order to avoid further loss of lives. Those without CAN’s Secretariat may use any church with big premises.

“We are to hold placards with some succinct message like “WE DEMAND JUSTICE 4 DEBORAH,” “NO MORE KILLING IN GOD’S NAME”, “ENOUGH IS ENOUGH,” “POLICE, STOP UNPROVOKED KILLINGS IN NIGERIA,” “CHRISTIANS ARE NOT SECOND CLASS CITIZENS,” “KILLERS OF DEBORAH MUST BE PROSECUTED,” “WE CONDEMN RELIGIOUS KILLINGS,” “WE SAY NO TO ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS.”

“We urge those who could afford it to make use of the traditional media and the social media and others can use only the social media to give it a wide coverage in other to sensitize the whole world. We also call on Nigerian Christians in diaspora to join us using our embassies all over the world.

“The occasion can also be used to pray for Deborah’s family and friends, peace for the country, victory for the Church and godly political leaders in the coming general election.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/just-in-can-calls-for-nationwide-protest-over-deborah-samuels-murder/

Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by God1000(m): 11:14pm On May 14, 2022
It's the right thing to do
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Puskas: 11:16pm On May 14, 2022
Long overdue
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Maynman: 11:21pm On May 14, 2022
I thought they said Jesus subdue all power of darkness?
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 14, 2022
For how long will we continue to hold all these peaceful protests?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 14, 2022
Maynman:
Your point being?

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Maynman: 11:22pm On May 14, 2022
LutherSanchez:
Your point being?

Seems he didn’t.
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 14, 2022
Maynman:

Seems he didn’t.
What's ur point?
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Maynman: 11:25pm On May 14, 2022
LutherSanchez:
What's ur point?

You missed the point.
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 14, 2022
Maynman:

You missed the point.
Okay,i'll leave u to him so he can prove 2 you that he really subdue all forms of kindness.

1 Like

Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Maynman: 11:28pm On May 14, 2022
LutherSanchez:
Okay,i'll leave u to him so he can prove 2 you that he really subdue all forms of kindness.

Leave Latin Jesus with me?
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 14, 2022
Maynman:

Leave Latin Jesus with me?
Nope,l leave you to Jesus Christ
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Maynman: 11:33pm On May 14, 2022
LutherSanchez:
Nope,l leave you to Jesus Christ

Jesus is a Latin word, and Christ is a Greek word, is your “jesus” not a jew??
smells like Roman Catholic has one or 2 to do with it.
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 14, 2022
Maynman:

Jesus is a Latin word, and Christ is a Greek word, is your “jesus” not a jew?? smells like Roman Catholic has one or 2 to do with it.
Okay
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by godliman: 11:36pm On May 14, 2022
Maynman:
Yes including you
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Maynman: 11:38pm On May 14, 2022
godliman:

Yes including you

Which power then killed the Christian girl?
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by tobechi20(m): 11:39pm On May 14, 2022
But they accused Sterling bank of blasphemy
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by derecho(m): 11:40pm On May 14, 2022
This is a public forum.Why advertise your ignorance
Jesus is Latin and Christ Greek?
The way una dey use muscle dey misyarn is mindboggling
Maynman:

Jesus is a Latin word, and Christ is a Greek word, is your “jesus” not a jew??
smells like Roman Catholic has one or 2 to do with it.
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Maynman: 11:41pm On May 14, 2022
derecho:
This is a public forum.Why advertise your ignorance
Jesus is Latin and Christ Greek?
The way una dey use muscle dey misyarn is mindboggling

Ignorance is not bliss, why not look it up?
Is “Jesus” a Jew name?
Why is a Jew man bearing Latin name?
Christ is from christus, Greek and it’s a title not a name!
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 14, 2022
This is a good call. I'd gladly join the protest, enough is enough...
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by derecho(m): 11:44pm On May 14, 2022
Jesus is Greek...the Jewish name is Jehoshua(Yehoshua) or Joshua for short.
Maynman:

Ignorance is not bliss, why not look it up?
Is “Jesus” a Jew name?
Why is a Jew man bearing Latin name?
Christ is from christus, Greek and it’s a title not a name!
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by godliman: 11:45pm On May 14, 2022
Maynman:

Which power then killed the Christian girl?

Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Maynman: 11:46pm On May 14, 2022
derecho:
Jesus is Greek...the Jewish name is Jehoshua(Yehoshua) or Joshua for short.

Jesus is a Latin name.

Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Maynman: 11:47pm On May 14, 2022
[quote author=godliman post=112841358][/quote]

Keep posting memes.
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by derecho(m): 11:48pm On May 14, 2022
So na Wikipedia you dey read?
And your Wikipedia even told you Jesus is English.
Imagine.
Maynman:

Jesus is a Latin name.
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Maynman: 11:49pm On May 14, 2022
derecho:
So na Wikipedia you dey read?
And your Wikipedia even told you Jesus is English.

Do jews speak “English”?
It’s derived from Latin, can’t you read?

Send me your link showing the origin of the name.
The Roman Catholic even had to change the “I” to “j” to complete the agenda.

Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by derecho(m): 11:57pm On May 14, 2022
Go and read your screenshot...carefully read the first line.

However, I don't need Wikipedia to know something as basic as
The Old testament written in Hebrew(Aramaic) and New testament written in Greek.
So I don't understand the relevance of your questions.

In case you don't understand what I've written,

1.Wikipedia is not an authority
2.The Hebrew word for Jesus is Joshua ( which is a short form of Jehoshua)
Maynman:

Do jews speak “English”?
It’s derived from Latin, can’t you read?

Send me your link showing the origin of the name.
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 12:00am On May 15, 2022
Ewedu nd Amala will gladly avoid de protest just 2 Support Tinubu in de coming Election grin grin
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Maynman: 12:00am On May 15, 2022
derecho:

The Old testament written in Hebrew(Aramaic) and New testament written in Greek.

If the New Testament was written in Hebrew, the name of “Jesus” would have been “lesous” and it will mean “Joshua”. Jesus is a Latin name, that’s the influence of Roman Catholic.

Wikipedia doesn’t care about your feelings, they are reporting it as it is.
This is just language.

Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by derecho(m): 12:02am On May 15, 2022
Where did you get the bolded from?
Maynman:

If the New Testament was written in Hebrew, the name of “Jesus” would have been “lesous” and it will mean “Joshua”. Jesus is a Latin name, that’s the influence of Roman Catholic.

Wikipedia doesn’t care about your feelings, they are reporting it as it is.
This is just language.
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Ayesolve: 12:03am On May 15, 2022
CAN is very useless, stupid people
Re: Deborah Samuel: CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest by Maynman: 12:03am On May 15, 2022
derecho:

I should read the first line for what?
Is it not from the origin of the word that you will trace it from? Was it from Jesus that they translated iesus or Vice versa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christmas ! What it all about ? / End Of The World: Dec. 21, 2012 / unclothed Spinsters In Nigerian Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.