Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,126 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Deborah: Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deborah: Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them?? (301 Views)

Fashion Styles Of Deborah Enenche, Pastor Paul Enenche's Daughter (Photos) / Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deborah: Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them?? by Johndickson500(m): 1:19pm On May 15, 2022
Deborah: Why Do People Worship And Kill For gods That Cannot Protect Them??

This whole Deborah Samuel case has been making me think really deeply about religion. The killers of Deborah are killing for a god that cannot protect them from banditry, kidnapping and endemic poverty in their region and meanwhile I ask myself where the God whom Deborah worshipped was when she was getting stoned and set ablaze to to die in such painful manner. Why would an all powerful God watch as one of his followers is getting stoned and burnt to death without protecting her?

What if these Abrahamic religions are just Jewish tools to keep the ignorant in check?
What if the afterlife doesn't exist?
What if religion is just mass madness or a mental condition?

Why would you kill for an all powerful god? Why would you worship a god that allows evil to befall his own?

By Concerned observer

Fourth Edition of the Forbes Rated Igbere TV Leadership Excellence Awards 2022 Holds Later in the Year at Transcorp Hilton Abuja.

Nomination Opens Soon!
Deborah: Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them?? | #IgbereTV

This whole Deborah Samuel case has been making me think really deeply about religion. The killers of Deborah are killing for a god that cannot protect them from banditry, kidnapping and endemic poverty in their region and meanwhile I ask myself where the God whom Deborah worshipped was when she was getting stoned and set ablaze to to die in such painful manner. Why would an all powerful God watch as one of his followers is getting stoned and burnt to death without protecting her?

What if these Abrahamic religions are just Jewish tools to keep the ignorant in check?
What if the afterlife doesn't exist?
What if religion is just mass madness or a mental condition?

Why would you kill for an all powerful god? Why would you worship a god that allows evil to befall his own?

By Concerned observer

Follow me on Facebook using this link

https://www.facebook.com/johnemmanueldickson

Re: Deborah: Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them?? by damo2014(m): 3:49pm On May 15, 2022
Subtly, I had already stopped practicing any religion since 17. And no one, even my parents knew about it. My days in the university helped to solidify my juvenile decision to never go back to my vomit. Thank you University of Ibadan. Thank you department of Political Science. Politics of Underdevelopment in Africa, a borrowed course in my finals did more than justice to what I had been looking for in ages. The course did not only expose me to lots of empirical facts that surrounded how these Abrahamic religions crept slowly into the innocent, yet gullible minds of Africans at that time, it also taught me how Europeans succeeded in demonizing every ancient African traditional practice that was purely original and cherished.

Now, am liberated for Good.
Am free ......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deborah: Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them?? by jmoore(m): 4:07pm On May 15, 2022
The atheism you adore won't save you oh!! Muslims have killed many atheists for blasphemy.

Instead of focusing on the Islamic terrorists, you decided to ridicule Christianity.
Re: Deborah: Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them?? by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On May 15, 2022
Johndickson500:
1. Deborah: Why Do People Worship And Kill For gods That Cannot Protect Them??

2. This whole Deborah Samuel case has been making me think really deeply about religion. The killers of Deborah are killing for a god that cannot protect them from banditry, kidnapping and endemic poverty in their region and meanwhile I ask myself where the God whom Deborah worshipped was when she was getting stoned and set ablaze to to die in such painful manner. Why would an all powerful God watch as one of his followers is getting stoned and burnt to death without protecting her?

3. What if these Abrahamic religions are just Jewish tools to keep the ignorant in check?

4. What if the afterlife doesn't exist?

5. What if religion is just mass madness or a mental condition?

6. Why would you kill for an all powerful god?

7. Why would you worship a god that allows evil to befall his own?
1. Since death is an inevitable to life in this world, why assume that a belief in God assures against this inevitability? undecided

2. If death was God's idea in the first place, wouldn't preserving individuals against what He set as an inevitable fact of life on earth run counter to His own decree? undecided

3. To what end ? undecided

4. Then why fight to live at all? What does anyone loose by simply ending it right now, something many can indeed do but instead continue to cling to life for reasons unknown even to their own selves. undecided

5. Religion is indeed just that - not the mental illness portion of course. undecided

6. That is part of the delusion born of religion. undecided

7. Probably because evil is common to all men and some men are refined by even those experiences so it doesn't really work as a factor against God. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Breaking Satanic Yoke And Prophetic Prayers! / Palestine: Man Shoots At 17, Killing 2, After His Wife Goes To Beach Without Tel / Bankussdcode.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.