Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY (850 Views)

Saying Jesus Is A Prophet Is Not Blasphemy / That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet / Calling Jesus A Messenger Of God, When He Is God, Is Also A Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Johndickson500(m): 1:35pm On May 15, 2022
Calling JESUS a prophet is blasphemy, the message can never become the messenger……… we know who He is, He is the Son of the living God period!
Every Prophet came and said, thus saith the Lord, but when He came, He said, Verily, Verily I say unto you……. That is the difference. A messenger does not say His own words.

Follow me on Facebook using this link

https://www.facebook.com/johnemmanueldickson

2 Likes

Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by InnoBest188(m): 1:48pm On May 15, 2022
I think we too now have point

We now have reasons to start ours
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Vincyman: 1:50pm On May 15, 2022
No matter what, believe In Jesus and His teachings. For only then you shall find peace and eternity

1 Like

Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by alfarouq(m): 2:03pm On May 15, 2022
You can not force upon Jesus what he himself has not called himself.

Point out a single clear verse in the bible where Jesus said he is God.

Making Jesus into what he has not claimed for himself is blasphemy against Jesus incase you don't know.

Attributing the divinity of God to Jesus who didn't claim divinity for himself is blasphemy against The Almighty and against Jesus himself.
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by chidifrank(m): 2:19pm On May 15, 2022
alfarouq:

Making Jesus into what he has not claimed for himself is blasphemy against Jesus incase you don't know.

Attributing the divinity of God to Jesus who didn't claim divinity for himself is blasphemy against The Almighty and against Jesus himself.

you are not sounding convincing.
i will ask you to be sure first; what do you understand by the word God? then also i will tell you that calling Jesus Christ a God is never blaspheming John1 from verse 1 read down
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Maynman: 2:54pm On May 15, 2022
He never even existed, y’all should blame Roman Catholic.

Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by alfarouq(m): 2:55pm On May 15, 2022
chidifrank:

you are not sounding convincing.
i will ask you to be sure first; what do you understand by the word God? then also i will tell you that calling Jesus Christ a God is never blaspheming John1 from verse 1 read down

You are the one that is not sounding convincing.

Like I said before, you can not force on Jesus what he himself has not claimed. You aren't fair to him if you do that.
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by chidifrank(m): 3:13pm On May 15, 2022
alfarouq:

You are the one that is not sounding convincing.

Like I said before, you can not force on Jesus what he himself has not claimed. You aren't fair to him if you do that.
i never forced on you anything not to talk of my Lord and my God Jesus.
i only asked you a question; what do you understand by the word "God"?
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On May 15, 2022
Johndickson500:
Calling JESUS a prophet is blasphemy, the message can never become the messenger……… we know who He is, He is the Son of the living God period!
Every Prophet came and said, thus saith the Lord, but when He came, He said, Verily, Verily I say unto you……. That is the difference. A messenger does not say His own words.
This declaration of yours is against Jesus Christ Himself! undecided

Jesus Christ did not say calling Him names amounts to blasphemy so stop preaching these lies in His name.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On May 15, 2022
InnoBest188:
I think we too now have point
We now have reasons to start ours
All you have are ideas born of your ego which have absolutely nothing to do with God. undecided

God no send anyone to fight for Him. Only a fool will attempt such pretending he honors God in his wickedness. undecided

1 Like

Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On May 15, 2022
alfarouq:

Stop decieving yourself! undecided

Jesus Christ Himself said that if you have seen me, you have seen God. He is is also written as saying that He is in God and God is in Him. undecided

Jesus Christ declared His divinity the moment He announced Himself God's Truth , God's Life and God's Way to all those of mankind - John 14 vs 3 - 7. undecided

Unless you are trying to be intentionally daft, I suggest you pick up the book for your ownself to read. undecided

1 Like

Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Maynman: 3:31pm On May 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ Himself said that if you have seen me, you have seen God. He is is also written as saying that He is in God and God is in Him. undecided

Jesus Christ declared His divinity the moment He announced Himself God's Truth , God's Life and God's Way to all those of mankind - John 14 vs 3 - 7. undecided

Unless you are trying to be intentionally daft, I suggest you pick up the book for your ownself to read. undecided

That’s what “Catholic epistle” said, look it up.
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Vincyman: 4:13pm On May 15, 2022
@alfarouq You can't understand the way of Christ with your canal mind. The holly spirit is required for one to discern on the teachings of Jesus Christ
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On May 15, 2022
Vincyman:
@alfarouq You can't understand the way of Christ with your canal mind. The holly spirit is required for one to discern on the teachings of Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ said that to understand the Truth of the Kingdom of God one simply needs to use the understanding one already has, basic human language comprehension not excluded. - Matthew 13 vs 10 - 17 and Mark 4 vs 22 - 24 undecided
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Ericnrm(m): 5:13pm On May 15, 2022
alfarouq:

You again

John 14:8-11
Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

John 17:5
And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Philippians 2:5-7
Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM."

You keep arguing with us about our own religion but when we point out discrepancies in yours then you start to shout blasphemy and all sorts of bullshit!
The double standard here stinks!

1 Like

Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by TheOldGods: 7:30pm On May 15, 2022
Johndickson500:

Follow me on Facebook using this link

https://www.facebook.com/johnemmanueldickson
when the angel of the lord visited Moses at the burning tree, he said"Moses here you're standing is holy etc" he spoke as if he was god. But he was only a messenger
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Kobojunkie: 7:32pm On May 15, 2022
TheOldGods:
when the angel of the lord visited Moses at the burning tree, he said"Moses here you're standing is holy etc" he spoke as if he was god. But he was only a messenger
What does that even mean? undecided

Una dey bother to read and reason these things for yourselves at all?, undecided
2 On that mountain, Moses saw the angel of the Lord in a burning bush.Moses saw a bush that was burning without being destroyed.
3 So he decided to go closer to the bush and see how a bush could continue burning without being burned up.

4 The Lord saw Moses was coming to look at the bush. So he called to him from the bush. He said, “Moses, Moses!”
Moses said, “Yes, Lord.”

5 Then God said, “Don’t come any closer. Take off your sandals. You are standing on holy ground.
6 I am the God of your ancestors. I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.”

Moses covered his face because he was afraid to look at God. - Exodus 4 vs 2 - 6
Where in the context of the passage above did you get this delusion that Moses was referred to as if a god for Pete's sake? undecided
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by TheOldGods: 8:29pm On May 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What does that even mean? undecided

Una dey bother to read and reason these things for yourselves at all?, undecided
Where in the context of the passage above did you get this delusion that Moses was referred to as if a god for Pete's sake? undecided
lol. Read very well sir
Exodus 3
Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to Horeb, the mountain of God.
There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up.
So Moses thought, "I will go over and see this strange sight--why the bush does not burn up."
When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!" And Moses said, "Here I am."The angel was the burning flame. And from the burning flame God spoke. From the angel God spoke. Try to read very well
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:37pm On May 15, 2022
According to God's word Jesus is a prophet {Deuteronomy 18:18-19 compare to Act 3:22} but he's even much more than that because though he was sent by his father and God {John 20:17} his life didn't start here! John 8:23 undecided

1 Like

Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On May 15, 2022
TheOldGods:
lol. Read very well sir
Exodus 3
Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to Horeb, the mountain of God.
There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up.
So Moses thought, "I will go over and see this strange sight--why the bush does not burn up."
When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!" And Moses said, "Here I am."The angel was the burning flame. And from the burning flame God spoke. From the angel God spoke. Try to read very well
Now I see what you were trying to say. undecided

So what you saying is that the burning Angel opened his mouth and spoke as if he was God when in fact he was not. Am I correct?? undecided

If you read the verse passage though, you will see that it is not stated that the burning Angel figure opened its mouth to speak. Instead, it is written that God called out from within the bush, basically God's Himself projected His voice from somewhere within that burning-Angel-and-bush going on in the background. lipsrsealed

And yes, it does read like a thing nightmares are made of.
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by alfarouq(m): 9:04pm On May 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Just when you thought you have seen a more knowledgeable one, then you realise he is the worst. others might be ignorant but he is ignorant and arrogant and thinks he can use subtle jabs to intimidate.

I asked for a clear place where Jesus said "I am God", you are giving me gibberish.

As a messanger, envoy and representative of God, whatever he says is the message that God wants to pass to the people he was sent to. An envoy of a King or an ambassador of a president is like the President of a country when he is in another country. Whatever his king commands, he delivers it to the people he was sent.

Jesus could have used the oppurtunity to say "I am God" if he was one but he did not.

You even asked me to pick up the book.

If I learn about the bible more than I already know, Are you sure you wont regret giving me this advise.

What have you got to say about the verses below:

-So Jesus answered them and said, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me"(John 7:16).

This is Jesus saying he himself is not the owner of the teaching but attributing all the teachings to the one who sent him. He could have said the teaching is mine or ours. He could even just say the teaching is God's without removing himself from the equation.

below is another verse where Jesus said he is sent (messenger) and he was even giving a command on what to say, Does he sound to you like an equal to the person that sent him.

-For I did not speak on my own initiative, but the Father himself who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told me (John 12:49-50).

Another one is where Jesus said "He who does not love me does not keep my words; and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me".

Why do you guys insist on making Jesus what he has not claimed for himself and make him what you want him to be.

Finally, I remember speaking to a christian and he quote the verse "The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brothers, him you shall hear . . The Lord said to me, 'They have spoken well. I will raise up a prophet from among their countrymen like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. It shall come about that whoever will not listen to my words which he shall speak in my name, I myself will require it of him' (Deuteronomy 18:15, 17-19)." He said the prophet refrered to here is Jesus. Do you agree with him or you believe it is someone else.

So, I dont understand where the people that say calling Jesus a prophet is blasphemy got their own teachings from .
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On May 16, 2022
alfarouq:
Just when you thought you have seen a more knowledgeable one, then you realise he is the worst. others might be ignorant but he is ignorant and arrogant and thinks he can use subtle jabs to intimidate.

I asked for a clear place where Jesus said "I am God", you are giving me gibberish.

As a messanger, envoy and representative of God, whatever he says is the message that God wants to pass to the people he was sent to. An envoy of a King or an ambassador of a president is like the President of a country when he is in another country. Whatever his king commands, he delivers it to the people he was sent.

Jesus could have used the oppurtunity to say "I am God" if he was one but he did not.
You even asked me to pick up the book.

If I learn about the bible more than I already know, Are you sure you wont regret giving me this advise.

What have you got to say about the verses below:

-So Jesus answered them and said, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me"(John 7:16).

This is Jesus saying he himself is not the owner of the teaching but attributing all the teachings to the one who sent him. He could have said the teaching is mine or ours. He could even just say the teaching is God's without removing himself from the equation.
So help me understand the way you process these things. undecided

You seem to experience no logical hiccups with reasoning out the following statement made by Jesus Christ's, "my teaching is not mine but His who sent me". undecided

However, when the same Jesus Christ says," If you have seen me, you have seen God", you become unable to logically reason this exactly as you were able to the previous statement because? undecided

Why are you unable to read the second statement as Jesus Christ also saying He himself is God? undecided
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Maynman: 9:40pm On May 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:

You seem to experience no logical hiccups with reasoning out the following statement made by Jesus Christ's, "my teaching is not mine but His who sent me". undecided

However, when the same Jesus Christ says," If you have seen me, you have seen God", you become unable to logically reason this exactly as you were able to the previous statement because? undecided

Why are you unable to read the second statement as Jesus Christ also saying He himself is God? undecided

Tertulian is a montanist! cheesy

See “church fathers” arguing over trinity before it was later accepted ;

Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On May 16, 2022
alfarouq:
below is another verse where Jesus said he is sent (messenger) and he was even giving a command on what to say, Does he sound to you like an equal to the person that sent him.

-For I did not speak on my own initiative, but the Father himself who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told me (John 12:49-50).
So, it's good that you believe that everything Jesus Christ said is that which God commanded Him to say, right? You agree that every Word out of Jesus Christ's own mouth are Words that came directly from God, right? undecided

So, following that we know then that it is God who instructed Jesus Christ to say, "If you have seen me(Jesus Christ), you have seen God". So why do you conveniently reject this statement from God? undecided
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Maynman: 9:51pm On May 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So, it's good that you believe that everything Jesus Christ says is that which God commanded Him to say, right? lipsrsealed

So, following that we know then that it is God who instructed Jesus Christ to say, "If you have seen me(Jesus Christ), you have seen God", so why do you conveniently reject this statement from God? undecided

He conveniently reject it the same way you rejected his too, see hypocrite oo.
The verse that he mentioned no be Jesus talk am? You see why Bible is full of contradictions and everyone is cherry picking the one that suits their sad life?
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On May 16, 2022
alfarouq:
Another one is where Jesus said "He who does not love me does not keep my words; and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me".

Why do you guys insist on making Jesus what he has not claimed for himself and make him what you want him to be.
Again, you accept that all that came out of Jesus Christ's own mouth came directly from God, right? undecided

So, again, why then do you experience a hiccup with Jesus Christ, or I should say God telling you through Jesus Christ that if you have seen me(Jesus Christ), you have seen God?
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Maynman: 9:58pm On May 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, you accept that all that came out of Jesus Christ's own mouth came directly from God, right? undecided

So, again, why then do you experience a hiccup with Jesus Christ, or I should say God telling you through Jesus Christ that if you have seen me(Jesus Christ), you have seen God?

The same can be said about you, what kind of shameless hypocrite are you?
Why are you only accepting the one that suits your agenda? What about the one that he mentioned, why did you have hiccup with it and not accept it?
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On May 16, 2022
alfarouq:
Finally, I remember speaking to a christian and he quote the verse "The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brothers, him you shall hear . . The Lord said to me, 'They have spoken well. I will raise up a prophet from among their countrymen like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. It shall come about that whoever will not listen to my words which he shall speak in my name, I myself will require it of him' (Deuteronomy 18:15, 17-19)." He said the prophet refrered to here is Jesus. Do you agree with him or you believe it is someone else.

So, I dont understand where the people that say calling Jesus a prophet is blasphemy got their own teachings from .
Jesus Christ Himself confirmed that He is indeed the one who Moses wrote about. So, those people are simply ignorant and letijh their egos get the better of them. undecided
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Maynman: 9:59pm On May 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ Himself confirmed that He is indeed the one who Moses wrote about. So, those people are simply ignorant and letijh their egos get the better of them. undecided

You are the ignorant one. In the early copy of the New Testament, was “Jesus” mentioned?
Where did Roman Catholic see “Jesus” from?

Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by alfarouq(m): 10:00pm On May 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Are you kidding me, I already explained that in my first line you can go back and check.

Is Jesus afraid of calling himself God or what?

You keep bringing me text that a person with a good grasp of English can understand is not pointing to Jesus as God.

1 Like

Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On May 16, 2022
alfarouq:
Are you kidding me, I already explained that in my first line you can go back and check.

Is Jesus afraid of calling himself God or what?
You keep bringing me text that a person with a good grasp of English can understand is not pointing to Jesus as God.
You can go back and read my post and when you finally have an answer you can drop it for me here.
Interesting! undecided

Anyways, you are free to believe are you chose. grin
Re: Calling JESUS A PROPHET Is BLASPHEMY by Maynman: 10:04pm On May 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Interesting! undecided

Anyways, you are free to believe are you chose. grin

I’m happy you chose to live a lie!.
“Jesus” never existed, it’s a creation of Roman Catholic, even from the name “Jesus” you would have known tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Behind Islamic Invention, Who? / What Is Worship All About? / Islam Vs Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.