Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,082 members, 7,832,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Nostalgic Photos From The 90's - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nostalgic Photos From The 90's (33932 Views)

Photos From Osun Youth Ambassador's Awards 2018 As 22 Personalities Shine / Shocking Photos From Otedola Bridge Fuel Tanker Explosion That Kill Many People / RIP! Photos From Nollywood Actor Chinonso Chukwujekwu AKA Boss Man’s Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Ikem11(m): 10:13am On May 16, 2022
Winters23:

wrong!

CDs are not 90s thingy, they'er 2000s
You are wrong . It was 90s just say Nigerians started pirating them 2000s.

Most of my original 2pac was in cd and I played it late 1998

2 Likes

Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Day169: 10:14am On May 16, 2022
TheSourcerer:
No teacher in classroom
Students: ... What to invent?
Your thin friend
.. the blueprint for the SR-71 Blackbird! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Jeromejnr(m): 10:17am On May 16, 2022
Winters23:

Again,

You're wrong!

In the 90s VHS cassettes are the trend

Bros, i had both VHS for movies and Cd's for PC games..like Fifa 98 and Flight simulator. Yes, there were no cd's for movies but I had for PC games.
Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Lamasta(m): 10:17am On May 16, 2022
This thread brings back memories of past years as a kid
Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by ghettochild(m): 10:18am On May 16, 2022
phemmyfour:
This special broom "Igbale agbepo" is good in making Kites
U sabi jor
Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Ikem11(m): 10:18am On May 16, 2022
Winters23:

Again,

You're wrong!

In the 90s VHS cassettes are the trend

Trend mostly for the poor . We had VCD around 1995. Not common I will agree but most families I know had them

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by joshuaidibia(m): 10:37am On May 16, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Ah when the colored VHS came out , yay!

I wonder why video cleaner is always clean no matter what. That time na Don Williams be our special cleaner. I remember using beetles in spoilt dried up mango to make telephone. You shake it and put your ear and hear the beetle move and we say hello. There was an urban legend that if you mix coke and Fanta and drink you'll die. wink cheesy cheesy grin I remember the toughest and roughest game of all 'WAR START!!!'

Growing up in PH city was the best. I rep Woji Estate, home of Footballers. cool

2 Likes

Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Ijaya123: 10:42am On May 16, 2022
TheSourcerer:
90's ultra modern Speakers we really did cherish them

Nb : for some reason , one sounds louder then the other...

These speakers can detect an incoming phone call. Lol...

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Plugsk(m): 10:45am On May 16, 2022
Yeah grin And when it's blades are spinning, you have an auto-tuned voice.
TheSourcerer:
I Really feel ready to drop rap bars
No beats needed
#megaSingingMic
Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Plugsk(m): 10:48am On May 16, 2022
I can't find it in stores no more even if I tried.
TheSourcerer:
The school utility writting pen Arsenal For some reason it never ever wrote well like eleganzar or Bic

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Plugsk(m): 10:51am On May 16, 2022
grin
TheSourcerer:
Not just a cleaner for pencils , !

Legends know it cleans even Biro during exams

And report cards even

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Legendoo: 10:54am On May 16, 2022
Adiós last sane generation. They had the most creative music era.

It's impossible to compare that generation with these dark time's. Don't think this new generation will survive, they'll finally put chips in their children's brains to complete the job.
Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Lamanii22(f): 10:54am On May 16, 2022
Winters23:

what is good about those days?

you guys like living in the past
it was actually more fun then…. Days of innocence….
Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Plugsk(m): 10:54am On May 16, 2022
Very reliable as far as there's little kerosene
TheSourcerer:
This was our Generator , stays all night too

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Guderian(m): 10:57am On May 16, 2022
grin
Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by NoToPile: 10:59am On May 16, 2022
Builtforglory:
School memories : Fridays are always my favorite, half teaching day, dem go teach us from 8 to 10:00am,10 to 10:30 break time, 10:30 to 12pm moral class (Christian religion class and Muslim class held in separate classes) afterwards na to grind charcoal, dark the board and go home till Monday D cry... Olden days were sweeter.

Loool this grinding charcoal part, I almost forgot it even happened. Chai. Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by siofra(f): 10:59am On May 16, 2022
DSC7:

Which old days u witness? undecided

The 90s
Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Angelfrost(m): 11:00am On May 16, 2022
Life was so much simpler, and people were happier for it.

The world has lost its mind now!

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Angelfrost(m): 11:02am On May 16, 2022
Guderian:
90s generation were not the last to play with their friends outside without mobile or whatever

Early 2000s also had the same experience. Playing with friends no mobile phone video games facebook even 2go.
undecided undecided undecided

Things have really gone bad today!

Imagine how everything is now done on Social media... Do young people still know how to socialize?!? Do they know the first things to say or do when meeting opposite sexes for the first time?!!

Kids spend more time in schools yet I see them lacking even basic skills and common sense.

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Angelfrost(m): 11:04am On May 16, 2022
Nerogaming01:
Nowadays you go dey talk to person e go dey press phone.

Shit piss me off

It's so sad...

Young people don't know how to properly communicate and handle relationships.

Children are being poorly raised these days. Pity!

2 Likes

Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Guderian(m): 11:05am On May 16, 2022
Fridays are the best

closing school by 12:30 - 1:00 and goin home with my friends.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by sylve11: 11:06am On May 16, 2022
Builtforglory:
School memories : Fridays are always my favorite, half teaching day, dem go teach us from 8 to 10:00am,10 to 10:30 break time, 10:30 to 12pm moral class (Christian religion class and Muslim class held in separate classes) afterwards na to grind charcoal, dark the board and go home till Monday grin cry... Olden days were sweeter.

Boy oh boy!

I look back to those days and most times I feel like crying. sad sad cool
Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Angelfrost(m): 11:07am On May 16, 2022
Ikem11:

Someone born in 1960s will see you a young generation that value those things .

Every generation have its own way of life . To this present generation they don't envy us at all.

They just enjoying their lives and having fun same way we felt those days .

Not exactly....

Most of them are actually lost!

Human relationships are not what they ought to be these days.

Ever wondered why suicide and depression have risen astronomically in the last decade... A lot has gone wrong!
Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by sylve11: 11:08am On May 16, 2022
DSC7:

Which old days u witness? undecided

With those pictures, you posted back then, I conclusively say you didn't experience the 80s too. cool
Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Guderian(m): 11:22am On May 16, 2022
Angelfrost:

It's so sad...

Young people don't know how to properly communicate and handle relationships.

Children are being poorly raised these days. Pity!

There are different sides to it now. There are people born in the 80s 90s who use their tech gadgets long hours everyday yet they still commune well with people.
Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by blingxx(m): 11:22am On May 16, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Difference between Backbenchers outside for punishment vs A front bencher sent outside for punishment

grin not ashamed to call myself a back bencher
Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Aidejay(m): 11:25am On May 16, 2022
It's the memory loss for me.

Year after year we forget the tinnie bits of life that made that time epic.

Y'all got nostalgia I got fear.

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Angelfrost(m): 11:37am On May 16, 2022
Guderian:

There are different sides to it now. There are people born in the 80s 90s who use their tech gadgets long hours everyday yet they still commune well with people.

Yes... But they are quite few and far between.

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by stephenokafor: 11:52am On May 16, 2022
See as i dey smile sheepishly for here!!! This was the best moments of my life. Thank you for this!!!

1 Like

Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by offset67(m): 12:09pm On May 16, 2022
Iamthoney:
I go ooo...Command Children’s School Signal Barracks Mile 2 Lagos
me na ojo barracks
Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by Winters23: 12:16pm On May 16, 2022
Lamanii22:
it was actually more fun then…. Days of innocence….

While you were a kid then, some of us were already adults…

And there’s nothing innocent about those days
Re: Nostalgic Photos From The 90's by irunoko(m): 12:18pm On May 16, 2022
Ikem11:

Lol I understand your point totally . Like I said, we the ones seeing it that way they don't . It's their generation and way of us .

Same way out parents felt cos I can remember many issues then my dad used to tell me about my generation. How bad things were then .

Life can only be getting bad to be older ones. But those born into it won't see it that way .

my dad took away my sega those days because it makes me irresponsible child bringing in my friends into his house . To him I was living a useless life then.

Same way a child of today will feel if you take away his phone . Life is modification but still same thing. There is no new invention in life anymore just a modification.
nigeria during our generation was safe, serene and normal.people had contentment,life was simple, people were not bothered about showing off because everyone was contented and besides they had what you had so why the need to show Off? Those days you can go to the market and you will see traders drop their wares on the roadside or in the market and there won't be people there to attend to customers but the buyers will drop the complete money on the wares,take whatever they purchased and leave.now you cannot do that anymore.both the money and wares will be stolen because people have no godliness in then anymore.

Even the North was one of the most safest and serene places to go.the people were so hospitable,warm, innocent and friendly.they were ready to do things for you for free.they didn't have obsession for money and they were very genuine but this days I don't know where they got their Level of hatred and violence from.the Muslim and Christian abokis lived in perfect harmony.o don't know where they suddenly got their abnormal violence From because they were mainly farmers and hunters and they were ready to give you their tomatoes for free with all happiness.i still have the mental picture of Kaduna, Kano, Zamfara.they were an absolute beauty with lovable abokis.there was never any iota of violence in them and Even the level of poverty and decadence in the North wasn't that much but for some reasons I can't explain the Muslim abokis became so vicious and animalistic.the South East to was perfectly safe.you could go to work and come back without even properly locking your doors or better still droppi your keys with the neighbours or your kids with the neighbours.when kids come back from school they all played in the Third neighbours compound , sometimes they eat,sleep and Bath there while the parents are at home and you could be rest assured your kids were fine.if you try that now,you go collect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rivers State Government Taxing POS Operators N10,000 (picture Attached) / Meet Nairalander Who Escaped Death few Hours Ago / Big Snake (viper) Killed In My Area This Morning (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.