Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,913 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) (876 Views)

Why Are We Christians Like This? / His Wife Denies Him Sex Even When He Pays All The Bills / Zimbabwean Woman Denies Husband Sex, But Cheats With 16 Men, Sends Nudes To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 15, 2022
leviticus 24:16 anyone who blasphemes the
name of the Lord is to be put to death. The entire
assembly must stone them.

Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or
the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to
fulfill them.

why do we christian still deny this scripture?

jesus christ came not to destroy the old testament but to add to it.

so I don't blame this muslim folks, they got wills.

we christians are weaklings

we want everything on a plater of Gold.

we want everything to suit our taste.

we want to be the cry cry baby all the time

Seun
lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by oluwaseyi0: 5:37pm On May 15, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

Seun
lalasticlala

Is like saying why are African no longer killing twins

Or why are traditional religion no longer officially sacrificing human as of old

Or why is abobaku no longer buried with the king

The difference is that Islam got stuck in its barbarism of the old with no way out in the modern era

Other religions/practices found a way to evolve knowing fully well that without evolving their entire existence will be threatened

The only way out for Islam is to end the religion itself, or the religion will be the end of its adherence

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Mariangeles(f): 5:39pm On May 15, 2022
[s]
YoudeyVexme:

Seun
lalasticlala
[/s]

First of all, I put it to you that YOU'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN!
If you were, you'd know that that is under the Jewish law.

6 Likes

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 15, 2022
Mariangeles:
[s][/s]

For of all, I put it to you that YOU'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN!
jesus christ came not to destroy the law but to add to it
Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 15, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

Or why are traditional religion no longer officially sacrificing human as of old

The difference is that Islam got stuck in its barbarism of the old with no way out in the modern era

Other religions/practices found a way to evolve knowing fully well that without evolving their entire existence will be threatened

The only way out for Islam is to end the religion itself, or the religion will be the end of its adherence

jesus christ came not to destroy the old ways but to add to it
Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by yuping(m): 5:44pm On May 15, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

Seun
lalasticlala
undecided cus we are humans and makes mistake, and people should not go on and Carry out sentence without a tryer and proper investigation.
Nobody is a weakling we just need to hear each other out before any other thing.
If proper investigation was carried out with what she said she does not deserve death.
Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by oz4real83(m): 5:45pm On May 15, 2022
Evil people will always find a way to defend and perpetuate their evil practices just like OP is doing now. Jesus was so peaceful that he advocated his followers to turn the other cheek after being slapped on one cheek, he never advocated revenge. While being arrested, peter cut off the ear of one of the arresters with a sword, Jesus reprimanded him and lovingly restored the man's ear. That is christianity for you, not judaism.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by after4: 5:46pm On May 15, 2022
why do you ignore " thou shall not kill" abi you no pass am before you reach leveticus? e bi like sey nah attention you dey fin now

YoudeyVexme:

5 Likes

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 15, 2022
yuping:
undecided cus we are humans and makes mistake, and people should not go on and Carry out sentence without a tryer and proper investigation.
since we are human, that means we have choice to chose what God tells us to do since it's evil.

but why will a God we serve tell us to murder people in the first place and we go berserk when the muslims do theirs.

1 Like

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 15, 2022
I love discussions like this.

Who can explain Leviticus 24:16

"Anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them."

And same time buttressing points with Matthew 5:17

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

1 Like

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 15, 2022
after4:
why do you ignore " thou shall not kill" abi you no pass am before you reach leveticus? e bi like sey nah attention you dey fin now

we talking about leviticus and what's happening in This time in nigeria.

leviticus explains it that all blasphemous acts should be killed, we christians are lazy not to do according to the bible.
let's not blame the Muslims they do what's in their quran..

since we all religious, I can't blame them they got balls
Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 15, 2022
oz4real83:
Evil people will always find a way to defend and perpetuate their evil practices just like OP is doing now. Jesus was so peaceful that he advocated his followers to turn the other cheek after being slapped on one cheek, he never advocated revenge. While being arrested, peter cut off the ear of one of the arresters with a sword, Jesus reprimanded him and lovingly restored the man's ear. That is christianity for you, not judaism.

same jesus said this

fulfill them.
Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by yuping(m): 5:53pm On May 15, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
since we are human, that means we have choice to chose what God tells us to do since it's evil.

but why will a God we serve tell us to murder people in the first place
undecided if you read the Bible and Quran very well, you know and understand before certain judgment is pass they are so many rules, regualations, terms and conditions if you follow all this properly you will realize that the accuse will go untouched.
Check what happen to the prostitute in the Bible Jesus said "He without sin should be the first to cast the stone" Jesus never said don't stone her.
You see, if they are 100 people who are sure that they have never sin, that woman would have been stone to death.
People carry out Judgment wwithout following the proper conditions and terms to the judgment, don't blame God for this blame people.

3 Likes

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 15, 2022
yuping:
undecided if you read the Bible and Quran very well, you know and understand before certain judgment is pass they are so many rules, regualations, terms and conditions if you follow all this properly you will realize that the accuse will go untouched.
Check what happen to the prostitute in the Bible Jesus said "He without sin should be the first to cast the stone" Jesus never said don't stone her.
You see, if they are 100 people who are sure that they have never sin, that woman would have been stone to death.
People carry out Judgment wwithout following the proper conditions and terms to the judgment, don't blame God for this blame people.

Jesus was a peaceful maker but he also told us that we should follow the laws of moses and other prophets before him.
Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by after4: 5:55pm On May 15, 2022
hope you know that mohammed also asked muslims to kill all jews, christians and nominal muslims? soshould christians now begin to do that? if truely you are a christian you should know that you have to read the scriptures in context to understand what it is saying
if you want to point at that, hope you know that moses also wrote that a man should divorce his wife in the bible, so do you now want to say that God ask christians to divorce?

YoudeyVexme:

leviticus explains it that all blasphemous acts should be killed, we christians are lazy not to do according to the bible.

3 Likes

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by oluwaseyi0: 5:57pm On May 15, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

I'm not a Christian as such, check my previous post and you will see I'm more of an atheist but fact is that Christians evolved themselves, Christianity as we have it now is a religion of the west and which is greatly influenced by Europeans

Christianity also have Christ which is more of a peace lover compare to jihad loving Mohammed of Muslim

Islam is stuck in it's Arabian arhiac with no way out, I'll rather leave comfortable in a pro-traditional religion society than a pro-islamic religion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 15, 2022
after4:
hope you know that mohammed also asked muslims to kill all jews, christians and nominal muslims? soshould christians now begin to do that? if truely you are a christian you should know that you have to read the scriptures in context to understand what it is saying
if you want to point at that, hope you know that moses also wrote that a man should divorce his wife in the bible, so do you now want to say that God ask christians to divorce?

yes I want us christian to start doing what leviticus said to Every blasphemous from the north, west, south all stoned to death. we should stop crying like a baby.

we Christians are weaklings.

we are so emotional and weak
Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by oz4real83(m): 6:06pm On May 15, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

same jesus said this

fulfill them.
show me one example of a follower of jesus who has in the name of "defending Jesus", carried bombs, guns, swords or stones to kill a human being?

3 Likes

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by bukatyne(f): 6:07pm On May 15, 2022
Mariangeles:
[s][/s]

First of all, I put it to you that YOU'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN!

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Qpid5(m): 6:07pm On May 15, 2022
Sometimes I wonder if some people do really think this days
Once they see something they capitalize on it without thinking twice

3 Likes

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by bukatyne(f): 6:08pm On May 15, 2022
YoudeyVexme:
jesus christ came not to destroy the law but to add to it

He came to fulfill the law.

Do you understand the statement above?

2 Likes

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 15, 2022
oz4real83:
show me one example of a follower of jesus who has in the name of "defending Jesus", carried bombs, guns, swords or stones to kill a human being?
well that's why I say it's our lost, because the bible support we should kill anybody who blasphem we are the ones who chooses not to.

it's our lost.

let's stop crying when the muslims do according to what they see in their quran..
Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Cubalabloo(m): 6:08pm On May 15, 2022
The Quran is a direct opposite of christianity. A religion built on deceit and lies.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 15, 2022
bukatyne:

He came to fulfill the law.
Do you understand the statement above?
yes I do
Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by bukatyne(f): 6:09pm On May 15, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

yes I do

If you do, then this thread would not exist.

2 Likes

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by yuping(m): 6:13pm On May 15, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

Jesus was a peaceful maker but he also told us that we should follow the laws of moses and other prophets before him.
undecided and are we following the laws?
Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by jmoore(m): 6:21pm On May 15, 2022
See what Jesus told Peter when brought out his sword

John 18:11 "Jesus commanded Peter,
“Put your sword away! Shall I not.drink the cup the Father has given me'

Matthew 26:52-53 “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

"Don’t you realize that I could ask my/Father for thousands of angels to protect us, and he would send them instantly?"

Jesus really saw the future by setting a precedent. If not, these foolish Islamic terrorists would have hijacked Christianity.

4 Likes

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Richy4(m): 6:28pm On May 15, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

It seems that you don't really know how to read your Bible if truly u are a Christian...

Read the Bible based on timeline, it will help you... Try and understand what was happening or going on in those days and why the law was made...

Also, try and read Matthew 12: 31-32.. and see if the Leviticus u wrote up there is applicable to the timeline after centuries may have passed...

Please read the verses that I gave u before u quote me.it's just a short one...I am willing to have a discussion with you 'only' if u got brain and have an open mind...

2 Likes

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Nobody: 11:17am On May 16, 2022
@OP...
You're right sir grin....
We christians are too lazy to do what the book of Leviticus says, but as a HARDWORKING CHRISTIAN THAT YOU ARE, pleaxxx help us slit the throat of every blasphemer grin...

God bless you as you do so cheesy...

3 Likes

Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by Truvelisback(m): 11:59am On May 16, 2022
YoudeyVexme:

fulfill them.

jesus christ came not to destroy the old testament but to add to it.

so I don't blame this muslim folks, they got wills.

we christians are weaklings

we want everything on a plater of Gold.

we want everything to suit our taste.

we want to be the cry cry baby all the time

Seun
lalasticlala
If u don't know something, don't assume. The Isrealites couldn't keep the Law. Jesus came and fulfil the law. The Law was amended tru Jesus. Jesus is the law.
Re: Deborah: Why Do we Christians Still Denies This Scriptures? (opinion) by adanny01(m): 12:46pm On May 16, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

This makes sense.

Check this out, you will find Muslims becoming Christians based on their own conviction but never a Christian become a Muslim only on conviction. It's is always due to greed or a promise of something needed by the convert. Others are also forced or threatened.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Explain Cryptocurrency To Your Nigeria Parents / 82-year Old Woman Gives Birth After 57 Years Of Marriage (photos) / Why Its Hard To Make New Close Friends As We Age…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.