Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi (2538 Views)

El-rufai Withdraws Interest In Ministerial Appointment, Recommends Replacement / Watch The Moment Kaduna Delegates Pledged To Support Amaechi (video) / 2023: Kaduna Delegates Back Amaechi As El-Rufai, Kaduna Speaker Show Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by Factnewsng(m): 10:29pm On May 15, 2022
El-Rufai withdraws Kaduna delegates pledge to Tinubu, says Amaechi stronger aspirant

https://factnewsng.com/2022/05/el-rufai-withdraws-kaduna-delegates-pledge-to-tinubu-says-amaechi-stronger-aspirant/

Delegates of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kaduna State on Sunday, pledged to give their votes to Presidential Aspirant and outgoing Minister of Transportation, Rt Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi.

The delegates made the decision two days after they had promised same to another visiting presidential aspirant, stating that the earlier pledge by some of the delegates to that aspirant was a spur of the moment decision which no longer stands.

Addressing the delegates during the consultative visit by Amaechi to the State, Governor El Rufai said, “I told you when you made that pledge to Asiwaju that others may not come, because of what you have done. You made that choice without listening to anyone else. Today you have seen the difference. You’ve heard Amaechi, you’ve seen what he has done. And he has brought a very strong security team. So you know what will happen with our security if he is in charge.”

“What are you going to do? Who are you supporting now? You have a huge burden on you, and you must choose what is best for Kaduna and for Nigeria,” El Rufai said.

He further narrated his experience of the goodness and sterling leadership qualities of Amaechi, from when he was Governor till date, and why President Muhammadu Buhari has high regard for him. He described Amaechi as a friend who sticks closer than a brother, stating that he is trustworthy.

“Let me tell you my history with Governor Amaechi….When we started discussing with the G-7, the seven governors that wanted to defect to the APC, I was holding nocturnal meetings with Governor Amaechi and Governor Nyako of Adamawa State until we got five of them to move to our party, and that was the game changer. And for you to understand how difficult it is, imagine Governor Amaechi of Rivers State from the same South South with incumbent President Jonathan. He made the sacrifice to move to our party. It was a game changer. This is part of the reason why President Buhari loves Minister Amaechi till tomorrow.

“One time the SSS wanted to arrest me, that I wrote something. Governor Amaechi called and said I will take you there and I will not leave until they let you go, what did you do? He took me there in his car and stayed there until they let me go. Till tomorrow, my wife will never forget that. Amaechi is her favourite Nigerian.

“I’m putting this in context so you’ll understand. APC is one family and this primary is an internal competition. We don’t need to call each other names, but let us bring out the virtues and good character of everyone. It is up to you as delegates to make the best choice for Nigeria,” the Governor stated.

Governor El-Rufai then asked the delegates who is their choice for President, to which the delegates unanimously chorused “Amaechi” and “Dan Amanar”, the traditional Daura title of Amaechi.

Speaking on behalf of the delegates, Speaker of the Kaduna State House of Assembly, Rt Hon. Yusuf Ibrahim Zailani, declared that Kaduna State delegates have reached the conclusion to give all their votes to the Dan Amanar Daura, Rt Hon Chibuike Amaechi.

RT HON. CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI MEDIA OFFICE
MAY 15, 2022

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by aikyg(m): 10:31pm On May 15, 2022
What manner of flip flop is this? Looks like Mallan Elrufai is positioning himself as Amaechi's VP?

8 Likes

Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by successmatters(m): 10:32pm On May 15, 2022
Maybe because

7 Likes

Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by Tinubuadvocate: 10:35pm On May 15, 2022
Ipob terrorist blogger.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by Kalashnikov49: 10:35pm On May 15, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin...All the Zombies are viewing below...but they cant comment... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

EL-RUFAI that called them useful Idiots was their HERO before...now they are speechless... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 15, 2022
El rufai is gunning for the VP slot on a Christian-Muslim ticket with Amaechi.

+ Amaechi is trying to pass as an easterner...banking on the onus that it's the Easts turn to produce a president. Etc etc.

Amaechi just might clinch the ticket at the primaries and El rufai will rather hedge his bets.

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by PrinceOfLagos: 10:39pm On May 15, 2022
Loooool cheesy

Make I find trouble small

Where is Helinues

8 Likes

Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by pongwa(m): 10:39pm On May 15, 2022
topcatking:
El rufai is gunning for the VP slot on a Christian-Muslim ticket with Amaechi.

+ Amaechi is trying to pass as an easterner...banking on the onus that it's the Easts turn to produce a president. Etc etc.

Amaechi just might clinch the ticket at the primaries and El rufai will rather hedge his bets.
game changer for APC.
Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by Habiyo: 10:42pm On May 15, 2022
Fake!
Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by funshint(m): 10:43pm On May 15, 2022
Though we know this is fake news anyway, but he can only win if a consensus is forced... none of the aspirants can match Asiwaju Tinubu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by PrinceOfLagos: 10:44pm On May 15, 2022
Habiyo:
Fake!
See them, it's fake news to them if it's not going tinubu way ...

Una go see mehmeh

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by PrinceOfLagos: 10:45pm On May 15, 2022
funshint:
He'll can only win if a onsensus is forced... none of the aspirants can merge Asiwaju.
Tinubu is going nowhere , stop deceiving yourself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by PrinceOfLagos: 10:46pm On May 15, 2022
Cc indispensable85
Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by funshint(m): 10:54pm On May 15, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Tinubu is going nowhere , stop deceiving yourself
Shutup you this deluded ediot. May the wailing of Tinubu never depart from your mouth from this time till next year and beyond. Amen!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by doggedfighter(f): 10:54pm On May 15, 2022
Hahahahahaha !

Maybe one bullion van will solve all these things.
Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by PrinceOfLagos: 10:58pm On May 15, 2022
funshint:

Shutup you this deluded ediot. May the wailing of Tinubu never depart from your mouth from this time till next year and beyond. Amen!
Seeing you this frustrated gives me joy

I will keep bursting all your lies oth the truth , you and your likes won't be allowed to deceive the people no more

Tinubu will never be president

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by AntonVince: 10:59pm On May 15, 2022
funshint:
Though we know this is fake news anyway, but he can only win if a consensus is forced... none of the aspirants can match Asiwaju Tinubu.

That's because none of the aspirants besides Tinubu steals 14.6% of their states' monthly earnings.
None of the other aspirants can match such an insane level of thievery!

If a man could deploy 2 bullion van-loads of cash to fritter away just for vote-buying in an election where he wasn't even on the ballot, one can only imagine just how much in billions of naira of Lagosians' money the toad-eyed thief has already splashed buying phantom endorsements in pursuit of his greed-driven wild-goose-chase "life-long ambition".

Posterity will judge all of you wishing this renowned looter on hapless Nigerians.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by funshint(m): 11:04pm On May 15, 2022
AntonVince:

That's because none of the aspirants besides Tinubu steals 14.6% of their states' monthly earnings.
None of the other aspirants can match such an insane level of thievery!

If a man could deploy 2 bullion van-loads of cash to fritter away just for vote-buying in an election where he wasn't even on the ballot, one can only imagine just how much in billions of naira of Lagosians' money the toad-eyed thief has already splashed buying phantom endorsements in pursuit of his greed-driven wild-goose-chase "life-long ambition".

Posterity will judge all of you wishing this renowned looter on hapless Nigerians.
But they have 100million to buy ticket; you're not making sense. If it's by money then Atiku should be the President of Nigeria by now. There's something called "Influence"...money can never buy it!
Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by Kilometres: 11:06pm On May 15, 2022
El rufai dey catch cruise
When Osibanjo hgets there he would still do the same thing grin
Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 15, 2022
pongwa:
game changer for APC.

True. PDP WILL HAVE TO field Peter Obi to stand a chance
Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by funshint(m): 11:11pm On May 15, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Seeing you this frustrated gives me joy

I will keep bursting all your lies oth the truth , you and your likes won't be allowed to deceive the people no more

Tinubu will never be president
Go and jump into lagoon when he's finally returned elected!
Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by IgbuduMonkey: 11:20pm On May 15, 2022
Snakes
Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by Habiyo: 11:26pm On May 15, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

See them, it's fake news to them if it's not going tinubu way ...

Una go see mehmeh
Let me put it straight to you, I don't believe in Nigerian election and don't have PVC ok. so, stop spreading fake news
Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by mymadam(m): 11:33pm On May 15, 2022
topcatking:
El rufai is gunning for the VP slot on a Christian-Muslim ticket with Amaechi...

Gbam! Congratulations to the anointed one and his running mate undecided
Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 15, 2022
Fake News! MODs confirm and do the needful!
Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by AbaLion: 11:41pm On May 15, 2022
Why is this coming from Ameachi's media office and not a reputable mainstream media?

-Lion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by Ajimusty2: 11:52pm On May 15, 2022
dem promise this one vp slot.
Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by Indispensable85(m): 12:11am On May 16, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Cc indispensable85

Nothing was withdrawn. He'll do same thing when Osinbajo, Fayemi comes to kaduna. That's politics for you. By 30th May when the counting begins, you'll know who was voted for amongst the aspirants. The margin of victory for Tinubu will be so wide that you'll think the others didn't contest.

Tinubu's alliance with Ahmed lawan is the political news of the day. Case closed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by Indispensable85(m): 12:25am On May 16, 2022
Lol.....I understand perfectly what El rufai is doing. He'll do same for Osinbajo and Fayemi when they come.
Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by chibrolex(m): 1:00am On May 16, 2022
Pls evaluate this paragraph in the speech made by the governor of Kaduna(El-rufai)"And for you to understand how difficult it is, imagine Governor Amaechi of Rivers State from the same South South with incumbent President Jonathan. He made the sacrifice to move to our party. It was a game changer. This is part of the reason why President Buhari loves Minister Amaechi till tomorrow". From my own view Amaechi is Buhari's candidate(just take alook"It was a game changer. This is part of the reason why President Buhari loves Minister Amaechi till tomorrow".).

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by SweetiliciousD: 1:04am On May 16, 2022
Factnewsng:
El-Rufai withdraws Kaduna delegates pledge to Tinubu, says Amaechi stronger aspirant

https://factnewsng.com/2022/05/el-rufai-withdraws-kaduna-delegates-pledge-to-tinubu-says-amaechi-stronger-aspirant/

Delegates of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kaduna State on Sunday, pledged to give their votes to Presidential Aspirant and outgoing Minister of Transportation, Rt Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi.

The delegates made the decision two days after they had promised same to another visiting presidential aspirant, stating that the earlier pledge by some of the delegates to that aspirant was a spur of the moment decision which no longer stands.

Addressing the delegates during the consultative visit by Amaechi to the State, Governor El Rufai said, “I told you when you made that pledge to Asiwaju that others may not come, because of what you have done. You made that choice without listening to anyone else. Today you have seen the difference. You’ve heard Amaechi, you’ve seen what he has done. And he has brought a very strong security team. So you know what will happen with our security if he is in charge.”

“What are you going to do? Who are you supporting now? You have a huge burden on you, and you must choose what is best for Kaduna and for Nigeria,” El Rufai said.

He further narrated his experience of the goodness and sterling leadership qualities of Amaechi, from when he was Governor till date, and why President Muhammadu Buhari has high regard for him. He described Amaechi as a friend who sticks closer than a brother, stating that he is trustworthy.

“Let me tell you my history with Governor Amaechi….When we started discussing with the G-7, the seven governors that wanted to defect to the APC, I was holding nocturnal meetings with Governor Amaechi and Governor Nyako of Adamawa State until we got five of them to move to our party, and that was the game changer. And for you to understand how difficult it is, imagine Governor Amaechi of Rivers State from the same South South with incumbent President Jonathan. He made the sacrifice to move to our party. It was a game changer. This is part of the reason why President Buhari loves Minister Amaechi till tomorrow.

“One time the SSS wanted to arrest me, that I wrote something. Governor Amaechi called and said I will take you there and I will not leave until they let you go, what did you do? He took me there in his car and stayed there until they let me go. Till tomorrow, my wife will never forget that. Amaechi is her favourite Nigerian.

“I’m putting this in context so you’ll understand. APC is one family and this primary is an internal competition. We don’t need to call each other names, but let us bring out the virtues and good character of everyone. It is up to you as delegates to make the best choice for Nigeria,” the Governor stated.

Governor El-Rufai then asked the delegates who is their choice for President, to which the delegates unanimously chorused “Amaechi” and “Dan Amanar”, the traditional Daura title of Amaechi.

Speaking on behalf of the delegates, Speaker of the Kaduna State House of Assembly, Rt Hon. Yusuf Ibrahim Zailani, declared that Kaduna State delegates have reached the conclusion to give all their votes to the Dan Amanar Daura, Rt Hon Chibuike Amaechi.

RT HON. CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI MEDIA OFFICE
MAY 15, 2022

Hahahahaha, last time I checked, AMECHI is yet to resign from Federal Cabinet.

Game changer and the eagle eyes are watching and checking legal implications.
Lol

The game is on
Re: El-rufai Withdraws Kaduna Delegates Pledge To Tinubu, Says Amaechi Stronger Aspi by tit(f): 1:05am On May 16, 2022
the short olosho of kaduna

1 Like

(1) (2)

What Could Peter Obi And Kayode Fayemi Discussing In This Photo? / Reno Omokri Is a Broke, Homeless And Ungrateful House Husband— Charles Awuzie / Simi Takes A Swipe At INEC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.