Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:08 AM

AMVCA 2022: The Most Memorable Highlights From The Event - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / AMVCA 2022: The Most Memorable Highlights From The Event (610 Views)

Pretty Mike's Outfit & Goat At The AMVCA 2022 (Photos, Video) / Bobrisky Postpones Housewarming As Lady Copied His Aso-Ebi Style For The Event / 12th Headies Awards: 11 Celebrities That Stood Out At The Event (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

AMVCA 2022: The Most Memorable Highlights From The Event by LetDemKnow(m): 11:02pm On May 15, 2022

The 2022 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Award (AMVCA) has come and gone, but the memories it left us with still feel fresh and we are burning to talk about what went down at this year’s edition of the prestigious event.

The 8th edition of the AMVCA took place at Eko Hotel and Suites. The Red Carpet flung open at 4 PM and the stars showed up and showed out. Clearly, there were a few misses, but, generally, I think the Nigerian Fashion Industry has only gotten bolder and, depending on who you ask, better.

The main event was about 3 hours 30 minutes long and was packed with a lot of memorable moments; we’ll be highlighting some of our favourites, so let’s go!

Oscar’s The Slap 2.0: IK vs. Deyemi.
Lagbaja + Rema mashup.
Taiwo Ajai-Lycett receives industry merit award.
Teniola Aladese wins trailblazer award.
‘Rattesnake: The Ahanna Story’ sweeps home awards – Na which babado this jazz for Play Network Studio?
Osas’ dress.
Bayo Akinfemi and the cast of Bob Hearts Abishola give Nigeria a shout-out.

Oscar’s The Slap 2.0: IK vs. Deyemi

Just when you thought you’d heard the last of The Slap saga from the 2022 edition of the Oscars, the AMVCAs bring it right back to your doorstep. Host IK Osakioduwa and Nollywood superstar Deyemi Okanlawon both pulled a stunt that was clearly well-rehearsed, entertaining, and memorable. I found myself laughing hard the moment I finally realized what was going on, and I’m willing to bet I’m not alone.

The moment IK and Deyemi pull an Oscar stunt at the AMVCA 2022 ��#Boombuzz #AMVCA #AMVCA8 pic.twitter.com/WtgxrqC3fj

— Boombuzz Nigeria (@BoombuzzNG) May 14, 2022
Lagbaja + Rema mashup

Lagbaja returned at this year’s AMVCA, and it was exciting to watch the masked singer do his thing to a live, bubbly audience. Even better is the fact that we got a Lagbaja + Rema mashup we didn’t kno we needed until we saw it. Thank you, AMVCA. Thank you so very much.

Taiwo Ajai-Lycett receives industry merit award

Not everyone gets to live the best years of their life abroad, then return home to a rousing welcome. But that’s the story of Taiwo Ajai-Lycett. Eloquent, gorgeous, and still very graceful at 81, Ajai-Lycett lived and worked in the UK for many years before returning to Nigeria to star in the M-net hit drama series Tinsel for starters. Taiwo Ajai-Lycett received the industry merit award last night, which we think was very deserving.

Teniola Aladese wins trailblazer award

Teniola Aladese is only just getting started in Nollywood and the world better get ready for her. The budding actress received the trailblazer award at the AMVCA 2022, which came with a prize tag of one million Naira. Further solidifying the actress’ joy with a personal, additional $2,000 was American actress Tasha Smith. Kudos to the trailblazer!

‘Rattesnake: The Ahanna Story’ sweeps home awards – Na which baba do this jazz for Play Network Studio?
Play Network Studios dominated the 2021 AMVCA, and they’ve done same with this year’s edition, too. Rattle Snake: The Ahanna Story, the studios’ frontrunner for the award season took home five award plaques, including the awards for Best Director for Ramsey Nouah, Best Actor for Stan Nze, and Best Actress for Osas Ighodaro. This is no mean feat. If anyone reading this has a direct line to Studio Exec Charles Okpaleke (aka Charles of Play), please tell him to call me – I need his baba’s contact.

Osas’ dress

[img]https://i0.wp.com/mediarants.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Osas-Ighodaro-Best-Dressed.webp?resize=519%2C649&ssl=1[/img]

The winner of the Best Actress in a Drama series, Osas Ighodaro also doubled as the best dressed female of the night. Although a voting category, many would argue Osas’ win is well-deserved. At the very least, I think her dress was a bold choice. I’ll let you decide if it’s indeed the best; compare with what the other stars wore HERE.

Bayo Akinfemi and the cast of Bob Hearts Abishola give Nigeria a shout-out

In a blink it and you miss it moment during the telecast, Bayo Akinfemi (who plays Goodwin on B♥A), followed by his cast mates, gave a heartfelt goodwill wish to the AMVCA and, by extension, Nigeria. It was brief, but I always thought it was nice.

Did your favourite moment from last night’s AMVCA show make it to this list? Do tell in the comments.

SOURCE - https://mediarants.com/amvca-2022-highlights-from-the-award-event/

(1) (Reply)

I Walked Into Him And A Girl In Dubai –liquorose Opens Up On Split With Emmanuel / Real Reason Funke Akindele Kicked Husband, JJC Skillz Out Of Their Home / 5 Interesting Facts About Jay-Z You Didn't Know!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.