Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,624 members, 7,827,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Who Is The Most Clutch Footballer Of All Time? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Most Clutch Footballer Of All Time? (852 Views)

Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year / Vote For Victor Moses As BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2017 / Granit Xhaka Handed Switzerland Best Footballer Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Most Clutch Footballer Of All Time? by Nobody: 10:11am On May 16, 2022
Clutch can be defined as: An Athlete delivering the goods in those moments when the clock is ticking and the pressure is high, very much is. Soccer history is made up of such players.

Clutch Footballers are the footballers who Perform when it Matters the Most.

Examples:

• Cristiano Ronaldo Scoring 2 Goals against Juventus to ensure Madrid win the UEFA Champions Leauge Final for the second time in a row,Thereby Setting a new record.

•Lionel Messi Has Played in 3 Champions League Finals, Bagging 2 Goals and 1 Assist in all 3 Finals
Lets not forget his overall performance especially his playmaking toles in these matches.
Messi literally had 10 Successful Dribbles Against Manchester United in the 2011 Finals.

•Andres Iniesta Performing well in Finals.
He is literally scored the World Wup winning goal for Spain at the last minutes of the game.
He is also the First and Only Player to Have an Assist in 3 Champions League Finals.

• Zinedine Zidane Scores a Brace in the 1998 World Cup Final Against Brazil and Also in 2002 scores a stunner in against Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions league Final, to hand madrid the Champions League Trophy.

These are My most Clutch Players of all time.
Feel Free to Add Yours.

Re: Who Is The Most Clutch Footballer Of All Time? by Nobody: 10:21am On May 16, 2022
For this Season i would Say it is Karim Benzema for Real Madrid.

Re: Who Is The Most Clutch Footballer Of All Time? by hatakekakashi: 10:26am On May 16, 2022
Drogba's clutch too. He loves scoring in finals

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Clutch Footballer Of All Time? by Nobody: 10:36am On May 16, 2022
You're Right, Didier Drogba has Scored 9 goals in 10 cup Finals. A Record on its Own.

One of his most important Goals till date was the header he scored against Bayer Munich in the 2012 UEFA champions league Finals.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Clutch Footballer Of All Time? by ogyunging(m): 11:05am On May 16, 2022
Zlatan Ibra, Mo Salah & Samuel Eto are my clutch players plus the above C Ron & Karim Benz.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Clutch Footballer Of All Time? by paulolee(m): 12:26pm On May 16, 2022
all big players mentioned have thier own special season of saving the team, but for this season, its benzema because when madrid needed a miracle, he was the savior when the chips were down..

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Clutch Footballer Of All Time? by Kingcalls: 10:19am On May 17, 2022
paulolee:
all big players mentioned have thier own special season of saving the team, but for this season, its benzema because when madrid needed a miracle, he was the savior when the chips were down..

They said of all time , not this season
Re: Who Is The Most Clutch Footballer Of All Time? by paulolee(m): 1:28pm On May 17, 2022
Kingcalls:

They said of all time , not this season
all tine cnt be easily decieed without sentiments....some will go for messi, some will say drogba, some eto, some cr7 and am even seeing zizou and all gat its reasons..
such question are based on sentiments....u cnt force me to pick cr7 ahead of messi.....or cr7 ahead of drogba....no naa
Re: Who Is The Most Clutch Footballer Of All Time? by Kingcalls: 7:47pm On May 17, 2022
paulolee:

all tine cnt be easily decieed without sentiments....some will go for messi, some will say drogba, some eto, some cr7 and am even seeing zizou and all gat its reasons..
such question are based on sentiments....u cnt force me to pick cr7 ahead of messi.....or cr7 ahead of drogba....no naa

I will not take a messi ahead of iniesta
Re: Who Is The Most Clutch Footballer Of All Time? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:43pm On May 17, 2022
Lukaku, lacazette or Timo Werner wins this.
Re: Who Is The Most Clutch Footballer Of All Time? by bivodar(m): 10:32am On May 18, 2022
Ireland will meet the representative team in Hamilton on kick off their regular Maori All Blacks series at Eden Park. Ireland vs Maori All Blacks
Re: Who Is The Most Clutch Footballer Of All Time? by Wizywiz(m): 11:24am On May 18, 2022
Kingcalls:

I will not take a messi ahead of iniesta
your choice bro.....same way some will not take an Iniesta or Ronaldo ahead of Messi..... grin

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Most Preferred Football Formation? / Blues 4 Life! / Benin Coach Claims 'fix' Approach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.