Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,825,001 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Pls What Is The Difference Between A Volunteer And An Intern - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pls What Is The Difference Between A Volunteer And An Intern (730 Views)

The Difference Between An Npower Applicant, Volunteer, And A Beneficiary / Become A Volunteer And A Chance To Earn From Doing What U Love / Application is now Opened To Apply as a Volunteer at Hope For Us Charity - NG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls What Is The Difference Between A Volunteer And An Intern by vinceyinnovation: 3:17pm On May 16, 2022
Also, When you work as a volunteer is there any stipend given or what is the reward of a volunteer?

Are interns same as volunteers?
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between A Volunteer And An Intern by Hezzyluv: 3:18pm On May 16, 2022
Your Google is not working abi?
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between A Volunteer And An Intern by vinceyinnovation: 3:53pm On May 16, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Your Google is not working abi?

I don't need google answers, if you have worked as an intern or a volunteer before let me know your real world experience especially in this Nigeria.

Everything is not google and google is not everything.

4 Likes

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between A Volunteer And An Intern by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 16, 2022
I've worked as an intern before. I think they're both the same, just different names. They both can be paid or unpaid depending on the organization.

2 Likes

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between A Volunteer And An Intern by vinceyinnovation: 9:17pm On May 16, 2022
ericmaestro:
I've worked as an intern before. I think they're both the same, just different names. They both can be paid or unpaid depending on the organization.

Okay, whether paid or unpaid. After that do they fully hire the intern? Or is there any recommendation or it is just a c.v boosting job. Thanks.
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between A Volunteer And An Intern by lanocfoods: 3:31am On May 17, 2022
Volunteers are mostly for non-profit establishments, intern is the other way round
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between A Volunteer And An Intern by xtivin(m): 6:04am On May 17, 2022
Interns learn on the job and too much is not required from them. Volunteers can be skilled or unskilled labour working pro-bono for non-profit organizations for reasons best known to them. The similarity I see is just the experience both acquire to boost resume

1 Like

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between A Volunteer And An Intern by Nobody: 6:53am On May 17, 2022
vinceyinnovation:

Okay, whether paid or unpaid. After that do they fully hire the intern? Or is there any recommendation or it is just a c.v boosting job. Thanks.

In my case I was converted to a full staff after my internship and this was because I performed exceptional well even better than most of the full staffs. The truth is there is no guarantee that you will be retained after your internship but the experience can help you land a good job and can be a boost to your cv.

1 Like

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between A Volunteer And An Intern by Addy615: 7:26am On May 17, 2022
Internship is a whole lot better, after my service year I got an internship offer. I was trained on the job and was still paid(70k) after 6 months I was retained as a full time staff. Internship also boosts your CV.

1 Like

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between A Volunteer And An Intern by vinceyinnovation: 8:00am On May 17, 2022
ericmaestro:

In my case I was converted to a full staff after my internship and this was because I performed exceptional well even better than most of the full staffs. The truth is there is no guarantee that you will be retained after your internship but the experience can help you land a good job and can be a boost to your cv.

Okay, but I also observed that some companies specify duration of internship/volunteering others do not.
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between A Volunteer And An Intern by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 17, 2022
vinceyinnovation:

Okay, but I also observed that some companies specify duration of internship/volunteering others do not.

I think all companies specify the duration and it is renewable. Internship most times last from 6 months to one year.

Mine was six months, afterwards I was converted to a full staff.
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between A Volunteer And An Intern by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 17, 2022
The duration is stated in your offer letter

(1) (Reply)

Nscdc Recruitment 2022/2023 / A New Company Is Seeking Virtual Contract Workers. / Urgent! Inter'tal Bank Test Format.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.