Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,757 members, 7,865,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:09 AM

How Do I Increase My Chances Of Getting Pregnant With Pcos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Increase My Chances Of Getting Pregnant With Pcos (420 Views)

Please Share Your Experience With PCOS And Pregnancy. / I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help / Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Increase My Chances Of Getting Pregnant With Pcos by Reupharmacy1(f): 4:57pm On May 16, 2022
Good day everyone and welcome to my trend. I'm going to be discussing how to increase your chances of getting pregnant despite having PCOS.
I wouldn't want to bore you with long narrative of what PCOS is as I believe that anyone interested in this read is either diagnosed of PCOS or is conversant with it.

But just in case there are a few people who might be wonderful what it is, PCOS is short for Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome. It is a hormonal disorder that causes enlarged ovaries with small cysts on the outer edges. This isn't visible except through a scan and further test by a gynaecologist.

Before I continue I need to say that if you have been diagnosed with PCOS please don't beat yourself thinking you brought it upon yourself. IT ISN'T YOUR FAULT YOU HAVE PCOS. The cause of PCOS involves both genetic and environmental factors.

Now let us focus on how to beat this hormonal disorder and get you pregnant. I know the most advise given to patients with this disease who seek to have their babies is to opt for IVF. This is a fantastic advise but does it come handy given the high cost of IVF? What other options are available to you other than IVF? This is what we would explore consequently.

First, we must understand that PCOS is a lifestyle disease. Even though (at the time of writing this article) there's no known cure for this disease (sadly cry). There are certain things you can do to reverse the symptoms and restore proper ovulatory function.

We know that the main cause of infertility in women suffering from PCOS is their inability to get regular monthly period and ovulate, however, this can be corrected by following certain
Diet. Diet is the most important thing a patient suffering from PCOS should consider. I know many women are at loss here cos you think it's expensive and you don't have a variety of food to choose from especially if you are in Nigeria where most of our food are high-glycemic index foods, but the truth is, finding the right kind of food and dieting isn't as difficult as you think.

If you're living in Nigeria for instance, here are your swallow options;
* wheat (the one you buy from the market and grind yourself),
* acha
* oatmeal,
* plantain flour,
* millet and
* sorghum.

For your rice options;
* ofada rice,
* brown rice,
* brown basmati rice,
* regular rice, yes you can eat regular rice but ensure that you eat a smaller portion than you would normally and it must be eaten with beans or vegetable (i.e. your plate must be 1quarter regular rice and 3quarter beans or vegetable.

Take note of these tips.
1. Avoid processed sugar, refined foods and pastries.
2. If you can't control your craving for them, you can eat them once a week, then reduce to once in two weeks, then once in a month until you're able to get to your barest minimum.
3. You should consume lots of legumes and vegetable.
4. Eat a good sources of protein. Liver is an excellent choice of beef for you.
5. Essentially foods rich in fibre are excellent for you.
6. Snack on nuts generously.
7. Please avoid sodas and caffeinated drinks. If your cravings are so high, you can take Amstel Malt zero sugar, 5Alive (citrus burst only not any other flavour).
8. Drink tigernut smoothie and any other naturally processed coconut drink.
9. Our soups, except a few are nutritious and can be consumed.

I won't be able to exhaust the list here, but if you need examples and a meal chart you should reach out to me.

10. Another you must imbibe is to exercise daily, and this doesn't have to be going to the gym. You can go running or jogging or even walking. Walk to the bus-stop on your way to work, walk to supermarket, walk to your religious place of worship, walk to your house, walk around your house for 30 minutes, the idea is to break a sweat.
11. The last I would discuss is supplements and fertility medicine. When it comes to fertility especially with the PCOS kind, supplements and ayuverdic medicine takes the win.

I would stop here and continue tomorrow.I don't want my post to be too long.

For further tips and suggestions, feel free to reach me on 07039612210.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Urinate More Than Ten Times A Day. / Follistatin Benefits And Side Effects – What To Know / If You Eat 2 Banana Per Day, This Is What That Will Happen To Your Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.