Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims (34345 Views)

Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal / Gumi Provides ‘Evidence’ On His Claim That Christian Soldiers Kill Muslims- Reno / Babachir Lawal: I Earned N930,000 Monthly As SGF, Now I Earn N500 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:32pm On May 16, 2022
A former Secretary to the Government of the Federation SGF, Dr Babachir Lawal has denied inciting vengeance and religious violence in the country and threatened court action against the sponsors of the alleged malicious report.

The elder statesman said he abhors religious violence and would never be involved in any dastardly act against humanity in the name of religion.

Babachir Lawal made the denial in a statement he issued in Abuja on Monday and disclosed that his team of lawyers would fish out those behind the allegations for appropriate court action to serve as a deterrent to others.

The statement made available to our Correspondent read in part “There is a voice note being circulated in the social media purported to have been made by me inciting Christians to retaliate the recurring violence repeatedly unleashed on Christian individuals, their communities and their properties as epitomised by the recent burning to death of Miss Deborah Samuel and Church property in Sokoto.

“While I rightly feel indignant about these killings, it is not in my character to incite people to retaliate.

“Besides, the voice on the voice note is not mine neither is it in my character to incite revenge.

“The Bible clearly urges believers to leave vengeance to God and I have always urged all victims of religious bigotry and violence to obey this injunction.

“And I am particularly heartened that the parents of Deborah Samuel have chosen this path.
“For those whose interest is best served by this wicked and cowardly act of trying to sully my name, I wish them well. But certainly, it was not done by me neither did I say such.

“Certainly, the voice is not mine, the sentiment is not mine and the grammar is not mine.
“I, therefore, urge all my friends and family to ignore this malicious act. It will backfire on the evil men”.

“Meanwhile, I am prepared for court action against those trying to malign my name through this spurious voice note and they will be made to have their field day in court”, the statement said.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/05/16/ex-sgf-babachir-lawal-denies-inciting-religious-violence-threatens-law-suit-against-sponsors/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by helinues: 6:36pm On May 16, 2022
You dont have to be reckless with this situation.

This case no be about be grass cutting

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:37pm On May 16, 2022
Shatap yar mouth there. DSS dey watch you and that yar desperado boss. You no dey shame, grasscutter. After dem don catch you for chopping money for grass cutting you wan come use backdoor to continue yar evil grasscutting money chopping again, abi. You and yar boss don fail. On june 1, dem go pursue you and am back to iragbiji

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:39pm On May 16, 2022
helinues:
You dont have to be reckless with this situation.

This case no be about be grass cutting

Hallelujah, helinues don turn bornagain. If only seunmsg and Mooh247 go fit open their ears to the good news wen you hear, Naija go beta. But we get hope, we go continue to dey preach the anti-Tinubu gospel until them hear word

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by Penguin2: 6:40pm On May 16, 2022
Fear fear Grass-cutter.

The fool is afraid of his Fulani masters.

These are some of the characters promoting Tinubu. You can already imagine the disaster his government will be.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by helinues: 6:41pm On May 16, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

Hallelujah, helinues don turn bornagain. If only seunmsg and Mooh247 go fit open their ears to the good news wen you hear, Naija go beta. But we get hope, we go continue to dey preach the anti-Tinubu gospel until them hear word

Stop this nauseating pidgin.

Our sanity is important to us

7 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by limeta(f): 7:10pm On May 16, 2022
The guy is alright ,he is a believer in the father the son and the holy spirit
The grass cutting thing was all about his religion
If he was Muslim we would not have heard anything about grass cutting

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by WonderManly(m): 7:22pm On May 16, 2022
Okay now...

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by SultanOfPuna: 7:42pm On May 16, 2022
Islam is just like the Old testament
The pharisees are exactly like Muslims
They both believe An eye for an eye

The difference is that Jesus came in and reform all those old testament teachings.

But muslims didnt have a prophet like Jesus to reform islam.
So they are stuck with the old laws of the olden days.

They are like Pharisees that will stone adultry woman to death.
Remember Jesus saving that woman from lynching by pharisees.

But muslims still practice and support lynching today in 21st century.

That is why muslims use book Leviticus to justify killing people for blasphemy.
Because leviticus is an old testament book

They cant find anything in New testament to justify killing for blasphemy.

And Christians dont follow rules of old testament. They only follow Jesus Teachings

Muslims are still practicing rules that were designed in the olden ages for men of the olden days.

If not for Jesus and new testament teachings Christians today will still be practicing old abrahamic laws.
Such as stoning to death, not healing during sabath and other crazy laws that only worked during olden ages.

Jesus came in and reformed all those old jargon laws and showed christians the way

But No prophet came in to reform and show muslims the way.

Thats why Islam is still backwards, un-reformed and not updated.

Thank you

Remeber when Jesus said He is the son of God
The Pharisees called it BLASEPHEMY
And according to the laws of moses, the penalty for blasphemy was death.
Thats why Jesus was crucified.
Sounds famailar??
Same thing that killed Deborah
Na the Same thing wey kill Jesus shocked

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by Tifesingz: 7:42pm On May 16, 2022
Honestly, we all are tired of these old hags!!
Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by Komolafe89: 7:42pm On May 16, 2022
Hnnmm
Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by SensualMan: 7:43pm On May 16, 2022
Northern Nigeria and religious intolerance. Does it mean that Muhammad of Northern Nigeria is different from the real Prophet Muhammad of Mecca?

The prophet Muhammad (No PBUH) of Northern Nigeria must be a blood sucking demon.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by DMerciful(m): 7:43pm On May 16, 2022
See as this Christian dey fear!

Right from the time of John the Baptist, the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence and the violents taketh it by force!

8 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by ebitng: 7:45pm On May 16, 2022
The north and south share nothing in-common,That marriage is by force and we need a divorce now.
The North possesses all the indexes of backwardness.
Banditry
Terrorism
Diseases
Religion intolerance
Child marriage
Illiteracy
Infant mortality
Nigeria is world’s poverty capital becos or the North.
Imagine a Southern Nigeria without the North.

6 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by fvck(m): 7:46pm On May 16, 2022
I disagree because the bible says 1 shall put a thousand to flight,two shall put ten thousand to flight, Christians are to fight with the Lord backing them up. He said he shall give his angels charge over you.

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by SaturnNick(m): 7:47pm On May 16, 2022
Okay
Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by Guyman02: 7:47pm On May 16, 2022
He doesn't need to explain anything, Christians don't even take such advice because Christ is Love

4 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by WibusJaga: 7:47pm On May 16, 2022
Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by tit(f): 7:48pm On May 16, 2022
Wan North!!!
Naira = Never Allow Ibo Rule Again
Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by iCauseTrouble: 7:48pm On May 16, 2022
m
Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by lampvoice: 7:48pm On May 16, 2022
Bottom line is.. "I wish them well" meaning Babachir is a wise man.

Picking a particular topic to step into the political arena of 2023 election, perfect.

Careful with the cabals you dine with though
Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by Franchise21(m): 7:49pm On May 16, 2022
OK
Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by Wazobia2216: 7:49pm On May 16, 2022
The same Babachir Lawal that should be in prison
Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by hisexcellency34: 7:49pm On May 16, 2022
This man still dey alive?
Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by Brian47(m): 7:50pm On May 16, 2022
Some dude said on twitter that the clerics that teach Islam do not understand the Quran.
And no religion supports violence.

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by Fmghewzy(m): 7:50pm On May 16, 2022
helinues:

Stop this nauseating pidgin.

Our sanity is important to us

Mad savage grin grin grin.
Honestly it was hard making sense from what the guy wrote lol

1 Like

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by proprince(m): 7:51pm On May 16, 2022
limeta:
The guy is alright ,he is a believer in the father the son and the holy spirit
The grass cutting thing was all about his religion
If he was Muslim we would not have heard anything about grass cutting

You are very correct. If only all Nigerians know how the north operates.

2 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by Skillsnigeria: 7:52pm On May 16, 2022
Noted
Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by thatigboman1: 7:52pm On May 16, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

u forgot a certain Tinubuadvocate that is here begging for Canadian visa for him and his family.

6 Likes

Re: Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims by Ceenachi: 7:54pm On May 16, 2022
If "Christians use their religion to judge another religion", it is because that other religion uses its religion to judge Christians.

In the first place, from what we heard as a voice message from Deborah (except there is something else that we may not have known), there was nothing like blasphemy, except blasphemy has a different meaning in Islam that I don't know. The girl was complaining on why a study group turned into an Islamic group. This, for me, is not blasphemy. But like you asked, " who determines blasphemy? Just anyone?" A more enlightened Muslim will tell you that there are processes that determine and establish blasphemy. Were those processes followed?

Why use an Islamic law to judge a Christian? Islamic laws should be for Muslims, and Christian laws should be for Christians. If Christians use their religion to judge other religions, Christians would have engaged in series of damage on Muslims for speaking ills against Jesus Christ

The deed has been done. As a true and enlightened Nigerian, what is the way forward?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

King Charles May Pardon Ekweremadu – Kayode Ajulo (Lawyer) / How Jonathan Awarded $500m Defense Contract To Arthur Eze - SaharaReporters / 10 Throwback Photos Of Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.