Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? (711 Views)

Coronavirus: Access Bank Closes Branch After Visitor Tested Positive To COVID-19 / What Happens To My Money If I'm Robbed In A Bank While Waiting To Deposit? / What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? by Sheedymadu1(m): 10:56pm On May 16, 2022
Alot of things are happening.... Many business, especially the financial investment circle are crashing... Pls I just need a clear answer...
Re: What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? by Qatar2022: 10:58pm On May 16, 2022
You lose it forever, you can ask Jay Jay what happened to the money he has with savannah bank

1 Like

Re: What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? by MMWandali: 11:03pm On May 16, 2022
NDIC takes over on your behalf

You can get it back
Re: What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? by Ballzproblemm: 11:05pm On May 16, 2022
Sheedymadu1:
Alot of things are happening.... Many business, especially the financial investment circle are crashing... Pls I just need a clear answer...
federal government takes over until they get an acquisition ,but to be on a safer side ,if you are rich oo ,spread ya money to different banks but if you are broke don't bother. cool
Re: What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? by Mooh247: 11:11pm On May 16, 2022
All ban accounts are insured to the tune of ₦100,000 . So if you money is less than 100k you get your money
Re: What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? by shilenji(m): 11:36pm On May 16, 2022
Woh
It sink into the ocean like the bread on a grey scale
Re: What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? by SNEFF: 11:44pm On May 16, 2022
kiss it goodbye son..
Re: What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:53pm On May 16, 2022
In abroad,they will repay u but in naija you go waka,fill form and go house go faint!
Re: What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? by Jennyclay(f): 11:54pm On May 16, 2022
You better come and take me out on an expensive date before your bank ran away with your money.

Atleast you're gonna spend it on something meaningful
Re: What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? by bigpicture001: 11:54pm On May 16, 2022
NDIC pays u 500k
Re: What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? by chatinent: 1:56am On May 17, 2022
Jennyclay:
You better come and take me out on an expensive date before your bank ran away with your money.

Why are most Nigerian girls so hungry! Just mistakenly enter Crunches or Apples, na girls fun there eating.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? by Kiddogarcia(m): 5:56am On May 17, 2022
Ohhh
Re: What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? by Johnny147147: 6:00am On May 17, 2022
Jennyclay:

What's meaningful about the something? grin
Re: What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? by Nobody: 7:00am On May 17, 2022
CBN holds domestic fixed deposits for every bank to ensure nothing like this happens, if the bank files for bankruptcy, the CBN as a regulator would create a merger with another bank to safeguard individuals accounts and when a merger isn't possible, CBN would pay the money to all customers but for big wigs they would have to wait for the banks assets to be liquated for cash or the assets can be sold to the customers to recover their funds

1 Like

Re: What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? by Soleye24(m): 7:46am On May 17, 2022
You have your deposits insured up to 500k by NDIC, if you have above 500k you will only be paid 500k and don't think if you have 20k in your account you will be paid 500k
Re: What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? by Washington505: 8:05am On May 17, 2022
Heathrow44:
CBN holds domestic fixed deposits for every bank to ensure nothing like this happens, if the bank files for bankruptcy, the CBN as a regulator would create a merger with another bank to safeguard individuals accounts and when a merger isn't possible, CBN would pay the money to all customers but for big wigs they would have to wait for the banks assets to be liquated for cash or the assets can be sold to the customers to recover their funds
Best answer so far. Mak una make research before you talk.

(1) (Reply)

Before You Do Yahoo Yahoo Read This / Make Money In Nigeria While In US Or Canada / Change Your Business Status On Cac Website From "Inactive" To "Active"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.