Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. (582 Views)

Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year One (By Kayode Odusanya) / 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. by Kayouzka(m): 5:20am On May 17, 2022
About to die

Often arisen by 4 am in the morning, the office bus leaves by 7am and all workers where expected to arrive at work by 9am it was a customer service job and customers where not to be delayed. So Oyinda woke up to attend to the bathroom by 4 am, washed up and ready to go to work, after 2 hours the bus dropped all passengers in front of the office complex, on her way to her office where many greetings coming from right and centre "good morning Ms Oyinda; hope your weekend was great" "Ms Oyinda good morning nice to see you" "did you had a great weekend Ms Oyinda?", Then she arrived her office and began answering many calls had she often did, insult from many customers and kind appellations from other customers, no time to have a proper diet work has always been hectic and daunting, while at work a certain staff while watching television screamed on top of his voice that got him fired at once, "nonsense, the whole system is a mess are we slave why is living cost increasing and income not, he spoke has he kicked many decks responding to the news on rising inflation and fuel prices, the boss came out and announced to him that he was fired such utterances and character cannot be condoned at work, all staff pleaded to no avail, so it happened to be that way.
Everyday at work seemed monotonous to Oyinda except the constant bashing of different customers that seemed to be frustrated and constantly demanding, it was never a thing to say a customer was wrong. Days passed, weeks passed, months passed, Oyinda could only work for every penny she spent, rents must be paid, food must be consumed and her aged mum residing in the country side often called for financial aid. But the sustenance she relied on where constantly eroding away as her contract work was soon going to expire and she would be out of job like many numerous youths searching in the work market, matter got worst as her health began deteriorating without a known cause.
It was on a public holiday when she went for a diagnose, her doctor advised her to go for a comprehensive cancer test, which she did and the results sent out the greatest shock of her human existence, she was cancer positive and her cancer was in an early stage 3 state which is almost impossible to stop, the doctor also discovered that her cancer was rare and fast spreading, so the doctor advised her to start chemotherapy treatment immediately, it was so heart breaking she was told not to go to work but Oyinda needed her job so badly because she was part of the 90% of population that works from hand to mouth, she wrote several letters to her management concerning her predicaments and her boss got her fired after paying her off with two months salary, so she hurried up for her treatment, often her land lord kept calling for rent, but she explained that the whole money she had was for her treatment, her mother who was also afflicted with diabetes had to sell off there land and send the money to her for treatment but yet her treatment persisted. After several days of her treatment the doctor entered her room and asked her "what do you cherish so much in life" ; she replied "I like to travel the whole world, it has always been my childhood dream to visit many countries and meet many people of various races" so the doctor said; "beautiful, I think you have to start pursuing those dreams" as the doctor paused and looked under the bed giving a sad remark on his face and continued talking "you are dieing!, to be honest with you, you should die in the next six months" Oyinda broke down in tears as she was consoled by the doctor she said " I don't want to die, I am too young who's going to look after my mum, I cannot fulfill my children dreams now because I don't have money" the doctor could not take it anymore as he too was also in tears he stood up asked his nurse to discharge her and he left.
Oyinda wrote many letters, she opened a go fund me account that raised no money, she begged and pleaded for help, no one would employ her all her friends could no longer be with her as she was much of a liability, the landlord got no rent from her and asked her to leave, then she asked her self in remembrance of what the doctor said, "how would you spend your last days on Earth?" She would love to travel the world but she had no money, nothing she could do, so she resorted that she would go back to the country side to meet her mum.
When she arrived the country side her mother was so sorry to find her in such a dieing state, a room was cleaned up and given to her to rest in it, there was no money and Oyinda mum fell sick and gave up the ghost, friends and family alike came up to bury her corpse and after some months Oyinda was left just alone, every morning she would trek into the vast lands of the country side and return home in the evening, she took pictures of her self, each day a picture and a statement has her health slowly deteriorated, she made quotes as thus " I didn't Know how dieing could be so lonely" "it a very rare occurrence to find those that know how soon they would be gone but for we that know; it is fun and the fun could have been more exciting if only I had enough money to spoil myself a world over before I leave this world behind" "mum left earlier but I will be with her soon" "I wished I could have played around all my childhood years never wasted a day in school never seek a job but played, now looking at me lying down in pain and wondering how useless all efforts to attain a great height in life could be" "if you where told that you had just few years to live how would you spend it without money" "so work has been futile, it could not even sustain me when I needed it the most" "the doctor said I would be gone in six months this is the 8 month and I am still breathing in this poor wretched sack I call a body".
In all Oyinda took 249 pictures of her body changes has the cancer progressed, her beg for help was futile and her friends had all left, on a Sunday afternoon she worked out of the bathroom so cold and feverish she sent a message to her neighbor who didn't respond until several hours, she laid down in pain and weakness as life slowly sniffed out of her.
Her neighbor called back severally then she made attempts the next day to see her only to find her corpse lying in the bed, she called the police and the police swing into actor, the news spread into the whole town how a young girl died lonely of cancer. An officer took her phone it was not with a lock key so he was able to gain access to it what he saw touched him emotionally and it was given to a news paper publication company to publish it, her demise and circumstances went like wild fire, it was also discovered that the pictures of cancer stages in pictures where minted by her on NFTs, her picture was sold at a Guinness record of a 100m dollars and the money was distribution to cancer research and cancer patient across the globe, she became an icon in her death and she received a public sympathy that she could never had dreamt of while alive.
The end.

Best comments receives 500 naira.

Re: Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. by Psalmspsalms: 5:27am On May 17, 2022
We are all gonna die someday. If not today, then tomorrow; and while we are alive, we should always know that man would always fail us because not all those that smile with us really do smile.
Re: Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. by Mooh247: 5:48am On May 17, 2022
While alive never forget to live, regardless when you are dead you stay dead.... Life is for living,.. living is creating happiness, joy and fantastic moments
Re: Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. by Kayouzka(m): 5:54am On May 17, 2022
Psalmspsalms:
We are all gonna die someday. If not today, then tomorrow; and while we are alive, we should always know that man would always fail us because not all those that smile with us really do smile.

For being first to comment I will give you recharge card, please send your phone number.

Give away Still going on.
Re: Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. by Psalmspsalms: 6:26am On May 17, 2022
Kayouzka:

For being first to comment I will give you recharge card, please send your phone number.

Give away Still going on.
Thanks man
Glo
Re: Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. by tahir01(m): 7:29am On May 17, 2022
We all gonna die someadays just make something out of your life. Learn to live.
Re: Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. by miracle98(f): 10:41am On May 17, 2022
I don't have cancer, but I've had near death experiences... So I can relate to your writeup.
My brother's friend words; “ You have just one life. if you want or crave something, go get it. 'cause there might never be a next time” kept echoing in my head during the first experience. I have decided to always eat and wear whatever I want to eat or wear. Of what use is the money saved in banks and piggy banks when the life is gone?
I have also started telling people that "This life is ONE, enjoy it.

Nice write up by the way.
Re: Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. by Kayouzka(m): 10:36pm On May 17, 2022
Still going
Re: Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. by Amos15: 1:29pm On May 18, 2022
A heart touching story.
Re: Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. by Blesstar(f): 5:47pm On May 18, 2022
So sad cry
Life is so unfair..
Imagine if she got the public's pity that she got in death while she was alive, she would still be alive.
100m would have gone a long way in her treatment.

Anyways, she died so others can live. cry
Re: Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. by maxlev1: 12:07pm On May 19, 2022
Life is a mystery, a bed of roses. It is difficult to predict how we will all end up. We can only hope for the best while bearing the worst moments. Life is valuable and so every moment should be made memorable. Let's focus on the positives and discard the negatives. Let's choose happiness over sadness, friendship over enemies, forgiveness over hatred, good over evil, generosity over selfishness etc. For all these only bring us the best memories. It stays with us while we are alive and stays with our names after we are gone.
Re: Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. by Kayouzka(m): 10:34pm On Jun 10, 2022
The boy who sold is mum

Deep down in the bush of Ago-oja there lived a woman, who had only female children her name was Fokunso (name meaning; tie up with rope) her husband Magbomorerin (name meaning; don't laugh with children) was so impatient about it and planned that if the next child born by Fokunso happens to be a female he would go marry another wife perhaps the other wife can produce a son, Fokunso was pregnant and envious of her husband ambition to take another wife if she does not produce a son this time around, so she sorted for the notorious forest known to harbor evil spirits, there she begged the terrestrial spirit to give her a son, "possess my womb and give me a son, I do not want my husband to take a second wife if he does and she successfully give him a son I would be in shambles and my husband would love her much than he does to me, most pregnant women do not venture here not to allow wondering spirit to possess there womb but I come here that you may possess my womb and give me a son in exchange" after her speech she left the forest.
After some months she gave birth to a boy who was given the name, Omolabi (name meaning; it is a child that we gave birth to) everyone rejoiced and she felt fulfilled but yet again her husband still went to marry another wife to her dismay, peace overturned to sorrow and whinnying in that house, Magbomorerin other wife gave birth to twin 'two girls' in an instance. Omolabi was spoilt and never corrected his father tried to discipline him but his mother counter every effort against it, Fokunso would say "haven't your second wife given you girls, after all I have done for you, you still greedily went out to marry another life forsaken woman into this house to taunt me, you ask for a male child I gave it to you, you ask for love I gave it to you, you asked for care I gave it to you, yet you went to marry a miserable woman into this house now where are the boys from her, leave my son or else Ayilala (God of retribution) Sango (God of thunder) eshu ( messenger God) and Ogun (God of metal and war) would kill the both of you miserably".
Omolabi was stubborn and perpetual in stealing, everyday he stole something his countenance was as if he was possessed with evil spirits, Fokunso was restless and always defending him at all problem " this community wants to kill my only son my gift they will not succeed is it a crime to have a male child after several years or is it a crime for children to play?" Fokunso never begged on behalf of her son, her son was always right it was has if she shared in the possession of her son, ever since her son was born and her husband married a second wife she has been overly protective of him and acted in a very aggressive way, many more of Fokunso's problems created frustration for Magbomorerin these frustrations led to illness and the illness led to his death and his death gave Fokunso and Omolabi freedom to do as they pleased, so therefore Fokunso and her son Omolabi became loose birds that could fly as free as they liked.
"Mummy! mummy! They are coming after me! they are coming after me!" These where Omolabi's words as he ran fast to meet his mom who was cracking melon seeds, she stood up immediately and went behind her son to confront his attackers,
Fokunso; "what is it again?"

A heavily breathing man holding a machete; "It is your son we are looking for, he stole a goat and we caught him on the verge of cooking the goat"

Fokunso; "is that why you want to him with a machete, when have my son's life become equal to that of a goat?"

The man; "I don't care about all that, what matter most is that I get fully compensated for my goat or devour your son"

Fokunso started screaming as she rolled on the ground with so much emotion, "help me, help me everyone! a murderer is against us, someone please come to our rescue what has my only son done to deserve this against him, he was only hungry and you came after his life, all the gods in our land would be our judge if anything happens to this child. The spirits that gave me this boy would possess you till you die."

Immediately the man heard and saw Fokunso's plea and emotion, he became afraid, guilty and left the scene quickly.
Fokunso hurried up to her son and embraced him rather than correcting him. His behavior continued to worsen as he grew older and his mother never bothered to correct him.
Omolabi would not go to the farm like other male, he would not hunt, he had no skills no knowledge of how to earn a living yet his age kept advancing most of his mate where already married and self dependent. Omolabi depended on his mother for almost everything. One day Fokunso served Omolabi his food the food was paltry and wasn't going to satisfy Omolabi immediately Omolabi got up with anger from where he sat. "This food is too small! mummy this food is to small, it can do very little to satisfy me, am I not a man? I should have more than this that I am given," Omolabi said, then Fokunso replied "this is all we have in the house, infact I have no ration left for me, I had to satisfy you, you Know that I am a poor widow, maybe you should go get an occupation so that the burden on me would be lesser". Omolabi; "oh I have now become a burden, I am I did one that asked you to bring me into this world, I am going to hang myself, I am going to hang myself on a tree and die" Omolabi spoke with tears on his face and with a mischievous look, then he hurried up out of the thatch house as he made his way into the bush, his mother also followed in dismay screaming under her voice "please don't go I will look after you, till death comes please do not hang yourself and put me to shame".
Omolabi went to meet his friends at a joint where they all had palm wine, just as Omolabi was about to finish his drink, his friend brought out a finesse ornament of foreign manufacturing, as soon as Omolabi saw the ornament his eyes glued to it like magnet, his friend Mowope (name meaning;pay the actual money) smiled and laugh then said "so you like what you see, not many people in this country has this ornament" "how did you get it" Omolabi inquired to Know, Mowope laughed again this time heavily.", "it is through trade with the ijebus, if you can journey for 5 days across no man's land then you too might have a chance of putting something like this in your pocket has yours". "I am ready, I am going to go anywhere in the world to get this beauty,I am not even sure if our king can boast of having it"
So, Omolabi walked home quickly, when he got home he called his mom as he calls her often screaming on top of his voice. "Iya(mother)" I have found what to do with my life, I want to become a trader I will travel to faraway countries to trade with them that way I will be rich, I will take care of you and be able to give you a grandchild "wow that's great, I am in support of what ever you decide to venture into because I am so sure of you my son" Fokunso replied, "but mum I need your sponsorship to be able to venture into this trade I need about 5 bags of cowry trust me when I am back I will bring forth more wealth, wealth that has never been seen yet in this country" Omolabi spoke, "hmm, for that I will do everything within my strength to provide you the money, I will sell almost everything in this house to see that I raise the money for you" Fokunso replied.
After days and weeks passed Fokunso was able to raise the money through savings, borrowing and selling off all there item at a discount. She gave all the money to her son Omolabi to his excitement. After some days Omolabi was set he journeyed with Mowope to a market town called Oja, it took a journey of 5 days to arrive Oja, there Omolabi saw a lot, he discovered that it was a brawling market with all and sundry. As he looked around he saw many merchandises, animal and even humans that where been sold, he wished that he had enough money but more of his money had been exhausted over the journey but his friend was able to trade, he bought few slaves to the amazement of his friend Omolabi, "so this is how you make your money, by trading humans" Omolabi asked, "yes that is how I was able to acquire that ornament, it is more rewarding if you can capture a human than to buy one here" Mowope replied, "good what a wonderful business but how can I join" Omolabi asked, "if you don't have money you might have to capture a free person and reduce such person into a slave and sell them here but if you have your money you can always visit this market buy at a cheaper rate then we can travel further into another town called badagry where we surely can sell at an even more higher price, then you can be rich, don't you know that fish eat fish to become bigger?". "Wow beautiful, how can I capture somebody for this, I am very much ready" , Omolabi replied "now that you don't have enough money you must trick a person, convince the person to get drunk then bind the person in ropes tightly for several days until the person is totally exhausted and weak then drag your victim to this market and sell for profit remember these things you must feed your victim a bit or else your victim may die of starvation, you must feed your victim well enough before bringing such person to this market in order to command a higher price peradventure you make a single mistake you could be killed or end up becoming the slave (victim) in a case of the bush meat (game) hunted down the hunter" Mowope spoke as he gave out a sinister looking smile, "I will try harder to never make a mistake".
After there discussions, Mowope was able to get two prime slaves he bundled then up together along with the slaves of other merchant and they proceeded for badagry when they got there after several days Mowope was able to make a lot of money off the selling of his slaves and therefore it amazed Omolabi beyond measures and stirred him up to lay down his plans on how to get started and make his own fortune.
After there return to Oja, Mowope invited Omolabi to a small village where he celebrated the success of his business with palm wine and bush meat, excessive amount of wine was purchased and Mowope drank to night time until he got to stupor and started talking gibberish to his friend Omolabi together they where in a happy mood, suddenly Mowope stood up asked for excuse to go urinate and staggard off away while Omolabi waited for long after a long while Omolabi did not find Mowope so he stood up and went searching for him, luckily he found Mowope lying and leaning on a tree drenched in his own piss therein the bush, he tried to wake Mowope up but he was dead drunk and fast asleep, then he wondered how to help him with several chatters like words, "should I leave him to his fate?, What if I try carrying him out of here, oh I think I need to take opportunity of his predicament who knows this is the chance I have been looking for to make a lot of money, remember he said get them drunk, bundle them up and reduce them to nothing but slaves for fish eat fish to become bigger, I need to become bigger, ah ah" so, Omolabi hurried up to get a rope brought it back where Mowope was lying and tied him up completely like a goat bound for the slaughter, as he tied Mowope, Mowope talked gibberish "my friend why, whyyy, it is me you are binding up, don't take me to the slave market please take me to my wife" Omolabi dragged Mowope deeper into the bush poured water on him and beat him up severally with a cane until he became miserable from pain he also stripped Mowope of all his clothes and money, seized his cap, cut his hair and sealed his mouth, then the next morning when Omolabi arrived where he put Mowope he had a discussion with him "my friend thank you for everything you have done you played a great part in my destiny, you know what you told me before that fish eat fish to become bigger I want to become bigger and you are a big fish a big fish should make me more bigger" Mowope grumbled in displeasure has he was pulled away to the slave market where he once traded other humans.
At the slave market, Omolabi took Mowope to the black market section to avoid suspicions, there he was sold off as a slave and taken to badagry to be sold off to the white men. Omolabi did made a lot of money from selling his friend Mowope plus extra he stole from Mowope's Pocket, it was enough to payoff his loan and to get married.
Omolabi arrived Ago oja in Grand style he was now richer than before, he wore a nicely made cloth and in his mother's house he bragged "I am now very fortunate, I have gone through the lions mouth and return out of it with lots of riches, mummy; here are 5 bags of cowry I got for you pay off all debts that you owe, also take this other bag get lots of food items from the market I will now love to throw a feast to celebrate my success", Omolabi celebrated that night with lots of palm wine and food, as days went by he got married and his mother was proud, but like all things the whole money ran out and he had to return back to the source.
Omolabi got his plan set, this time he planned to kidnap a farmer in his farm and sell him off in the slave market. "There is a leopard approaching run! run!" Omolabi signalled the farmer to run from a leopard deceitfully, as the farmer tried running fast into the bush Omolabi asked him to seek protection where he was hiding unknowingly to the farmer his leg struck a trap that had been set for him, the trap pierced through the farmer's legs and mortally wounded him, he fell to the ground screaming "help me, help me" has his movement became impeded. Omolabi quickly grab his head and tied his mouth prevent him from screaming further, then he binded him up in his rope and dragged him but unfortunately for both parties, the farmer didn't make it to the slave market has he died from his wounds.
Omolabi was angry,mad and furious, his efforts was wasted. He must have a better strategy as it was now becoming dawn to him that the busy was not as easy as he thought yet it was very rewarding and for that reason he would not give up. He resorted to kidnapping teenage boys of the age of puberty who he lured with food owing to there docile behavior, but they where not fetching enough money as a prime slave would so he returned back to home with the little money he had made although the money from selling children still made some sense but Omolabi wanted more, so he planned that he would sell his friend. He approached a friend called Ade, bought food for him and promised that he would make him rich like he his "Ade I am ready to teach you how to make money, it is not difficult it is just a secret not available to all, if you are willing to follow me I will teach you" Omolabi said, "I am ready to do what you want, I am tired of living like this, my wife talks to me any how my if only I had enough money I would command more respect from anyone" Ade replied. "If you can travel with me for 5 days across no man's land to a market town where trade is booming you will become rich" Omolabi, "is that all? I am ready let me know when it set".
So together they travelled, Omolabi tried every means to incarcerate his friend but he could not settle with a plan as his friend does not like alcohol, slept with caution and was too huge to over power with a fight. His plans went on and on until they got to the market, he knew that his huge friend would fetch him a lot of money if he was able to sell him, Omolabi took his friend into the market asked him to seat on the ground while he went to get food for they both to eat, rather he went to meet a slave trader and negotiated a price with him, he pointed at his friend and describe how huge he was and how healthy he looked, the slave trader was very pleased and quickly they both made a bargain, the money was huge and Omolabi was so excited about the money and how easy it came, immediately the slave trader seized Ade, he was strong but more men where able to over power him, as they dragged him off he screamed, "I am not a slave, I am a free man, I am a free man, Omolabi where are you" immediately Omolabi tried to leave the market but the bubble burst, A man recognized Ade and begged the slave trader to hear him out, Ade was able to describe the circumstances that led him to it and a manhunt was sent against Omolabi, that same day Omolabi was captured taken to the king in that town, he was disgraced, bashed and severally beaten until his back became swollen with wounds sustained from his beating, the money he collected was returned to the slave trader and after several days Omolabi was set free, the news of what he did had already spread to his town at Ago Oja.
"Who did this to my only son, I will fight with even the last breath in me" Fokunso spoke in anguish as she saw the scar all over Omolabi's body "mother, I did nothing absolutely wrong, I was only trying to make some money but out of jealousy they did this to me, they stripped me naked, beat me and took all the money I made from my sales all because they where jealous, look closely I am not the only one trading there but when they saw how bright my destiny is they decided to act this way" Omolabi replied, "Alright, I will pick all my charms everything I inherited from my mother, you will then take me to the house where you where beaten this badly, I will see if they will stand a chance against it" Fokunso spoke.
The next day Fokunso and Omolabi woke up very early and traveled to Oja in two days they arrived, the size of the market and population was intimidating to Fokunso but still she kept her bravely on high she said "is this the town, take me to the house where you where treated this badly" Omolabi insisted that they should rest in a motel, then he excused his mother on the ground that he was going to get food for the both of them, Omolabi had already gotten food when he accosted a slaver exchanging large amount of money in exchange for a slave, immediately he got astonished and his greed was stirred up so he soliloquize "ah this is a lot of money, how and who can I sell to have a chance of getting this kind of money, mother is the only person that listens to me but she is still my mother, no I cannot sell her" then he walked further towards the motel and had a rethink " but she is old and might still die, of what use would she be to me when she is dead, I think I need to sell her for posterity sake at list that would act as a final inheritance from her to me".
"Mother! mother! Hold this rope, tie it all over your body, it is a protective charm" Omolabi spoke as he hurried up into the room where his mother was resting, "son why" she asked, "ha! Those people are loaded with charms, lots of charms but someone gave me this rope saying that who ever wears it shall become invincible to all charms in the world so put it on I cannot afford to lose you" immediately Fokunso tied herself up like a prisoner then Omolabi satisfied with what he saw spoke "now, some men would walk into this room, these men would take you directly to the house where I was badly brutalized, please do not say a word to them or else the charm would spoil, I will be outside spying, please do this for me mother you know that I cannot fail you".
After there discussions Omolabi went to meet the slavers,
Omolabi; " I have a person I will like to sell, she is a very strong woman, she is the only thing my late father left for me and to that cause she calls me son and I call her mother infact I have nothing left except from her but what can a man do when he needs money? so I have decided to dispose her off at a good price"
Slaver; "where is she?"
Omolabi; "she is in that house, she is tied up in ropes proving that she is my slave, please try not to let her see me or else she will become too emotional and start to cry"

Re: Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. by Kayouzka(m): 10:37pm On Jun 10, 2022
The boy who sold his mom

The slaver and his men entered into the room and took hold of Fokunso, Fokunso spoke not a single word but followed obediently, while in a secret area Omolabi bargained a price with the slaver and a deal was reached, 10 bags of cowry was exchanged for his mother, Omolabi gave out a very deep smile as he put the money in his very huge pocket, he was very excited about it and he left that town immediately.
Two days later Omolabi got home with lots of money and guilt, he wasn't happy what he did to his mom and the memory kept haunting him he spent his time drinking to stupor everyone wondered and asked Omolabi where his mother is, his lies where never consistent, some he told "mother travelled to a far away town" others "mother got married to another man and would not be returning" the most notable of his lie was "she is not going to come because she was kidnapped" people began to suspect him until one day the bubble burst, Omolabi had drank so heavily until it got so late in the night he fell on the ground and started to sleep, until a young girl woke him up and humiliated him so he left the premises of the drinking joint, held a gourd of wine on one hand and staggard away, Omolabi could not ascertain the way to his house anymore so he fell down on the road and slept off, the next day he woke up with his right senses and with children gathered making jest of him. Immediately he deeped his hand unto his waist where he tied all his money which included what was left from the proceeds of selling his mother and discovered that all was gone, stolen in the course of the night, in shock and surprise he screamed "help me all my money is gone!" Without knowing what he was doing he ran into a public gathering screaming "I cannot lose all the proceeds from selling my mum, for God sake I sold my mum to have this money please help me find it I cannot afford to lose everything both mum and her worth in cowries" a woman in confusion asked "did Omolabi just claimed that he sold his mother?" Omolabi gave a very terrifying look and left the scene immediately on hearing that, that day the news spread everywhere that Omolabi has sold his mother so the king gathered his adviser, it was such a thing never heard before "how on Earth would a man sell his mother for money" a great taboo Omolabi was summoned immediately to the palace, when he got there the king asked his drummers to welcome him with music Omolabi danced with no remorse thinking that he was about being rewarded, so the king greeted him well, blessed him then asked him to run round five times to prove his fealty to him so Omolabi did so while he was doing so the king was negotiating with some slavers how agile the slave to be his has his ability to run five times round the palace proves so immediately he was done running the slavers where satisfied that he was a good slave so they seized him, stripped him of all his clothes and chained him like a wild animal then the king spoke "only an evil child would commit a great taboo of selling his mum, this is a great lesson to every mother if you spoil your child a similar fate would befall you, now I command that Omolabi to be sold off into slavery he would be a slave for the rest of his life and live by the mercy of his owners to be across the ocean"

The end.

Best comments wins an airtime

Re: Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. by Blesstar(f): 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2022
Money gotten through the wrong means, no matter how much, will never bring happiness. It will only bring sorrows and regrets.

Happy birthday to me cheesy

FTC grin

1 Like

Re: Story posts by Kayode. Best Comments Receives 500 Recharge Card. by Kayouzka(m): 2:34pm On Jun 12, 2022
Good

(1) (Reply)

Who Are You My Husband Novel / Fela: The Authorised Biography / Are You A Writer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.