Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Why Do Private Laboratories Always Do This? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Private Laboratories Always Do This? (456 Views)

COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing / NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators / COVID-19: Nigeria Adds Two Laboratories For Tests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Private Laboratories Always Do This? by ProfessorAlex: 5:36am On May 17, 2022
Last week Monday at a reputable general hospital around where I live I was asked to do a stool and urine MCS and considering the fact that they said they weren't able to do it at the time, I had to do the tests at a private lab close to my house.
The result showed a heavy growth of staphylococcus spp in my urine and a moderate growth of salmonella typhaei in my stool with resistant and sensitive drugs.
I wasn't OK with the results because I'd heard stories of how private labs always produce fake results and always see staphylococcus in every urine culture.
I decided to try at the General hospital again and luckily they'd started doing the tests.
So I decided to redo the tests before going to see the doctors to avoid taking antibiotics unnecessarily.
I went to get the results and see a doctor yesterday and both stool and urine MCS showed I was clean and have no bacteria overgrowth.
My question is, why do private labs always see staphylococcus especially in everybody's urine?
Re: Why Do Private Laboratories Always Do This? by madridguy(m): 6:03am On May 17, 2022
I blame the regulatory bodies.
Re: Why Do Private Laboratories Always Do This? by ProfessorAlex: 7:21am On May 17, 2022
madridguy:
I blame the regulatory bodies.

It's really sad. If I hadn't decided to go redo it at the General hospital I'll probably have gone on a course of broad spectrum antibiotic therapy, treating what doesn't exist and damaging my system in the process.
Re: Why Do Private Laboratories Always Do This? by madridguy(m): 7:37am On May 17, 2022
That is Nigeria for you. Everyone want to cash out.

ProfessorAlex:

It's really sad. If I hadn't decided to go redo it at the General hospital I'll probably have gone on a course of broad spectrum antibiotic therapy, treating what doesn't exist and damaging my system in the process.

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Have Right Ventricular Conduction Delay? / Thanks / Amarose Skin Tag Remover Scam Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.