Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,001 members, 7,849,032 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:39 PM

I’m Committed To Portsmouth —kanu! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I’m Committed To Portsmouth —kanu! (663 Views)

Portsmouth To Punish Nwankwo Kanu For Continued Absence / Premier League: Portsmouth (0) Vs Manchester United (1): 25 August, 8pm / Portsmouth Vs Manchester United In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m Committed To Portsmouth —kanu! by henry101(m): 6:26am On Jul 14, 2011
Portsmouth forward Nwankwo Kanu has said he is committed to the team’s success even as the club wants him to feature in more of its preseason friendlies.

Kanu’s contract with the club runs till 2013 and the former Arsenal player says he is prepared to see it through.

“I’m still a Portsmouth player and until the contract runs out there won’t be any talk of leaving the club. I’m committed to team’s success,” he said on Monday.

Pompey coach Steve Cotterill is planning to involve the lanky forward in more of the team’s friendly games before the new season kicks off, saying the FA Cup hero will be vital in their preparation.

Kanu has featured in just four pre-season friendly games since joining Portsmouth in 2006; his last being a substitute appearance against Fulham last year in England.

“I believe last year was the first time he has played for this club in a friendly in this country. Well, that is something I have achieved as manager then. I can tell you, this year he will play in more games in this country,” Cotterill told The News on Saturday.

“He will be there or thereabouts against Chelsea and then Real Betis. He will also be travelling to America with us.

“I know it is mandatory for Kanu to come back late but when our lads do as much as he does at his age I think we can afford to give them an extra day off as well.

“It is no big deal not getting King in doing what we are now. Otherwise he would be off to Paris for treatment on his back or something like that. He is not built for all the running in pre-season.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201107143245878

(1) (Reply)

The Fairy-tale From Nicosia Continues In The Champions League / Nairaland NBA Injustice / Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo & Andres Iniesta On Ballon D'or List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.