Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,498 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Allegiance To The Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Allegiance To The Holy Spirit (165 Views)

Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance / 10 Self-Proclaimed Holy Men With Miracles That Went Horribly Wrong / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Allegiance To The Holy Spirit by topshore(f): 9:38am On May 17, 2022
Scripture Text: John 4: 1-24; Galatians 5:16-18

Calvary greetings to you brethren in Christ. Today we'll be looking at the benefits of showing allegiance to the Holy Spirit.

As believers one of the Christ' qualities that should be evident in us is to show a strong allegiance to the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit is the third God Head. He is a spiritual being who also have emotions like us. He's being sent to us by our Lord Jesus Christ as our companion, to walk with us in the way and will of the Father, to complete His works in us, and to save us from this wicked, sinful and dangerous world.

By allegiance we meant to say that our "loyalty" and "faithfulness" must be to the Holy Spirit alone and no other spirit. The Holy Spirit is always pleased when we obey and depend only on Him so much that He gives us strength and wisdom to live according to God's plan for our lives.

The Holy Spirit is our constant ever-present Helper. He reminds us of who we are in Christ. He convicts us of our sins so that we can confess and receive forgiveness from God.

Benefits of Showing Allegiance to the Holy Spirit

There are many advantages that accrue to believers who show strong allegiance to the Spirit of God. When we are fully devoted to Him we will enjoy the following blessings of God:
1. Comfort on all sides of our lives
2. Peace of God that surpasses all understanding
3. God's Love
4. Light of God and His Presence will always be with us and we shall not stumble in darkness.
5. Our souls shall be watered and refreshed continuously and we shall never experience any form of dryness in life.
6. Our prayers and altars of prayers will become strong and be a good savour to God.
7. We shall prevail with God and man (Gen 32:28)
8. We'll have a great, deep and divine understanding of the Scriptures and spiritual eyes to gain insight into the mysteries of the truth in God's Word (Psalms 119: 18).
9. Our strengths will be renewed when we wait upon the Lord. We shall walk and not be weary, walk and not faint and mount up with wings as eagle's (Isaiah 40:31)
10. The presence of God will never depart from us (Hebrews 13:5)
11. There will be blessed assurance for us
12. Our faith will move mountains
13. We'll receive constant and consistent answers to our prayers.
14. We'll have certainty and confidence in the Lord.
15. Our usefulness to God will increase.
16. We shall be fruitful in every area of our lives.
17. The power of darkness shall flee before us.
18. We shall rule in the midst of our enemies (Psalms 110:2).
19. We shall be friend of God.
20. Christ will dwell richly in us and we'll never make foolish mistakes or decisions.

However, walking contrary to the leading of the Holy Spirit is walking against God and the consequences are grave.
We are not to grieve the Spirit of God (Matthew 12:31-32) whereby we are sealed unto the day of redemption ( Ephesians 4:30). When we act against the Holy Spirit, our sins cannot be forgiven forever. Hence we must never allow ourselves or situations lead us to grieving Him. We should rather please Him and be devoted to Him.

You definitely cannot have access to the Holy Spirit if you don't have Christ in you. Hence if you would like to give your life to Christ just say this prayer:

"Lord Jesus, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world. I say bye bye to the devil and enter into the Kingdom of Light, in Your name Jesus Christ I pray amen".

Congratulations!!!

God bless you

Peace!

Message culled from Mountain Top Devotional.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Blasphemy Punishable By Death In Christendom? / God's Greatest Concern! / The Holy Ghost In YAHUSHUAH The Messiah Is The Father YAHUWAH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.