Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Please Which Should I Go For? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Which Should I Go For? (912 Views)

Please Which NEW Laptop Should I Go For? / Between HP Pavilion 15 (gaming) Or Acer Nitro 5, Which Should I Go For? Overall. / Should I Go For This Brand New Laptop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Which Should I Go For? by frosy1(m): 9:51am On May 17, 2022
Please guys I am a novice in computer but I am trying to get a system soon . So I need your advice.
Between

Laptop Lenovo IdeaPad S145 4GB Intel Celeron HDD 1T AND
Laptop HP 15-Gw0023od Slim 4GB Intel Pentium HDD 1T

Which should I go for?
Both are fairly used.
Thanks as i anticipate your responses.
Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by dimexy247(m): 10:29am On May 17, 2022
None, get a core i3 or i5 or i7 to avoid lamentations unless you are not doing any graphics or rendering work later.

Celeron and Pentium are outdated
Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by frosy1(m): 10:53am On May 17, 2022
dimexy247:
None, get a core i3 or i5 or i7 to avoid lamentations unless you are not doing any graphics or rendering work later.

Thanks
Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by majesticguy: 6:31pm On May 17, 2022
dimexy247:

Op listen to the above. Celeron & Pentium are archaic. Your minimum should be a core i3 with a good generation.
Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by Udemzy05: 8:49pm On May 17, 2022
dimexy247:

Outdated?

Where did you get this your information from?
Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by Udemzy05: 8:55pm On May 17, 2022
majesticguy:

Op listen to the above. Celeron & Pentium are archaic. Your minimum should be a core i3 with a good generation.

Very funny, celeron and pentium are archaic?

Do you know that there are 10th ,11th gen laptop with pentium processor?

Instead of you guys to ask him what he intend to use it for,and recommend accordingly you're saying pentium/celeron is outdated.

You guys should stop giving out false information,there is a reason why these companies are still producing pentium laptop, most are majorly targeted at business people and students who just do research, excel , word and not something heavy with it.

1 Like

Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by dimexy247(m): 9:44pm On May 17, 2022
Why not get yourself educated before you quote me?
Udemzy05:

Outdated?

Where did you get this your information from?

Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by Udemzy05: 7:12am On May 18, 2022
dimexy247:
Why not get yourself educated before you quote me?

Comprehension is a big problem.

Oga that's for desktop computers.

Some people will just read and won't even understand what they are reading grin grin

Those are the years of pentium M, pentium D and the rest on desktop computers,you can Google the processor sockets listed below and see that they are for desktop computers.

Now you go and get yourself educated,don't just copy what you feel suit your analogy,try to read and understand it first.

1 Like

Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by dimexy247(m): 9:52am On May 18, 2022
Why are you pained about this so much? I stand on it. They are outdated. You can buy them if you want, no one is holding you Mr. All-knoweth. Shikena. undecided

Udemzy05:

Comprehension is a big problem.

Oga that's for desktop computers.

Some people will just read and won't even understand what they are reading grin grin

Those are the years of pentium M, pentium D and the rest on desktop computers,you can Google the processor sockets listed below and see that they are for desktop computers.

Now you go and get yourself educated,don't just copy what you feel suit your analogy,try to read and understand it first.

1 Like

Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by Udemzy05: 10:22am On May 18, 2022
dimexy247:
Why are you pained about this so much? I stand on it. They are outdated. You can buy them if you want, no one is holding you Mr. All-knoweth. Shikena. undecided

Just look at you grin

Next time read and comprehend it before trying to act like you know it all.
Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by dimexy247(m): 11:59am On May 18, 2022
Get well soon. I stand by what I said, Celeron and Pentium are OUTDATED. Now you can hug a transformer or fry your spit. Like I said earlier, read more and talk less.

Udemzy05:

Just look at you grin

Next time read and comprehend it before trying to act like you know it all.
Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by Udemzy05: 4:33pm On May 18, 2022
dimexy247:
Get well soon. I stand by what I said, Celeron and Pentium are OUTDATED. Now you can hug a transformer or fry your spit. Like I said earlier, read more and talk less.

Good to know that you're a kid,I'm done replying your mention.
Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by dimexy247(m): 7:24pm On May 18, 2022
Udemzy05:

Good to know that you're a kid,I'm done replying your mention.

grin grin grin. Get well soon
Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by Adewale1603(m): 2:49pm On May 19, 2022
frosy1:
Please guys I am a novice in computer but I am trying to get a system soon . So I need your advice.
Between

Which should I go for?
Both are fairly used.
both are low cost inexpensive processors, but the intel pentium is the better option than celeron. Ignore what those Ignorant commenters are saying above. they are talking about old Celeron and pentiums, they forgot that technology has always been constantly changing. even the core i3, i5 they claim to be recent, has been around for a while, while the generation keeps updating

1 Like

Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by majesticguy: 2:09pm On May 21, 2022
Udemzy05:

Very funny, celeron and pentium are archaic?

Do you know that there are 10th ,11th gen laptop with pentium processor?

Instead of you guys to ask him what he intend to use it for,and recommend accordingly you're saying pentium/celeron is outdated.

You guys should stop giving out false information,there is a reason why these companies are still producing pentium laptop, most are majorly targeted at business people and students who just do research, excel , word and not something heavy with it.

"Outdated" in it's uses as regards the kinda programs or software we run nowadays, and I'm fully aware of it's new generations.

He might be into the light stuff presently, but what if he decides to do something heavy tomorrow and his Pentium/Celeron irrespective of it's generation can't even load it, that'd be tantamount to getting another laptop........for this Buhari economy. Then, you'd hear words like "had I known"..

The OP not being knowledgeable about the subject matter, sought advice here to avoid had I known, the best advice should be one that steers him in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by Udemzy05: 4:07pm On May 21, 2022
majesticguy:

"Outdated" in it's uses as regards the kinda programs or software we run nowadays, and I'm fully aware of it's new generations.

He might be into the light stuff presently, but what if he decides to do something heavy tomorrow and his Pentium/Celeron irrespective of it's generation can't even load it, that'd be tantamount to getting another laptop........for this Buhari economy. Then, you'd hear words like "had I known"..

The OP not being knowledgeable about the subject matter, sought advice here to avoid had I known, the best advice should be one that steers him in the right direction.

Using the word outdated is wrong.
Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by majesticguy: 6:05pm On May 21, 2022
Udemzy05:

Using the word outdated is wrong.

Alright, note taken.

1 Like

Re: Please Which Should I Go For? by Alwayshungry: 1:20am On Apr 12, 2023
frosy1:
Between

Which should I go for?
Both are fairly used.
send me a message on Whatsapp...
Zero 8 one 6 one 53 seven 911..
There is time and reason why we exist to meet some certain people..
Pls treat as important.

(1) (Reply)

AVAILABLE: 2014 Macbook Air @ 155k / Internet Business / Networking Ups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.