Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,343 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn (2287 Views)

ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension / Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) / ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by SmartGeneral: 10:32am On May 17, 2022
ASUU told to continue strike as Accountant General allegedly steals N80bn

The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has been urged to continue its ongoing industrial action.

Reno Omokri, a former media aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, said ASUU should continue with the strike following the alleged stealing of N80 billion from the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation, Ahmed Idris.

Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, had arrested Idris over alleged N80 billion fraud.

EFCC’s spokesman, Wilson Uwajaren, confirmed Idris’s arrest on Monday.

He was arrested after he failed to honour invitations by the EFCC.

The anti-graft agency stated that Idris allegedly diverted funds and laundered N80billion.

Reacting to the development, Omokri said ASUU should demand that President Muhammadu Buhari recover the N80 billion and use it to meet their demands.

In a tweet, Omokri wrote: “Dear ASUU,

“If the Accountant General of the Federation can steal ₦80 billion, you have no reason to end your strike.

“Ask Buhari to use the stolen ₦80 billion to pay you and keep the change. After all, the money ASUU is asking for is not even up to ₦80 billion!”

SOURCE:
DAILY POST

Mynd44 lalasticlala Oam4j

Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by InnoBest188(m): 10:35am On May 17, 2022
Omor men

Make dem continue abeg

80bn men
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by SmartGeneral: 10:37am On May 17, 2022
Is there any hope for Nigeria and Nigerian students?

But I heard that the money ASUU is requesting is up to ₦1.5 trillion.
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by Amerengues2: 10:37am On May 17, 2022
Reno Omokri is a rabble-rouser encouraging the elongation of strike. The best anyone can do now is to pacify ASUU and through a concerted effort, help de-escalate the issue and not fueling it.

As for the Accountant General, he should be thrown behind bars. N80B is a lot of money and to think this Accountant General is against ASUU. He has met his Waterloo. Can you all see why IPPIS is foisted on federal workers? With IPPIS, there is an unabated looting spree and they know it. UTAS has passed 99.3% but IPPIS has never been subjected to test until recently.

This lends credence to the summation and struggle of ASUU that there is money. In fact, 80B must be a fraction of the stolen funds.

IamMichael
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by AntiBMC(m): 10:38am On May 17, 2022
I agree with the talkative on this one. This country has gone to the dogs.
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by gayman99: 10:40am On May 17, 2022
This same Accountant General of the federation has been using IPPIs to defraud civil servants in this country
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by Kzinne: 10:44am On May 17, 2022
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by saintkel(m): 10:47am On May 17, 2022
Mr integrity.....dis northerners think they own dis country
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by saintkel(m): 10:48am On May 17, 2022
Dear Nairalanders....how do we contact d family of Late Miss Deborah n show the our little support.....
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by phemmyjohnson: 11:01am On May 17, 2022
Now imagine how much Amaechi must have stolen . The man who facilitated all rail loans from China imagine the consultancy fees on billions of usd ..what about Malami .. we are in ruins .. omg! Dasuki should be exonerated for stealing below standard as they have done presently ..

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by Johnsonibx(m): 11:08am On May 17, 2022
Space booked for the next comment. grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by 21savages: 11:24am On May 17, 2022
Amerengues2:
Reno Omokri is a rabble-rouser encouraging the elongation of strike. The best anyone can do now is to pacify ASUU and through a concerted effort, help de-escalate the issue and not fueling it.

As for the Accountant General, he should be thrown behind bars. N80B is a lot of money and to think this Accountant General is against ASUU. He has met his Waterloo. Can you all see why IPPIS is foisted on federal workers? With IPPIS, there is an unabated looting spree and they know it. UTAS has passed 99.3% but IPPIS has never been subjected to test until recently.

This lends credence to the summation and struggle of ASUU that there is money. In fact, 80B must be a fraction of the stolen funds.

IamMichael
Behind bar say wetin..they should just kill him..
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by Bigfish121(m): 11:43am On May 17, 2022
ASUU is on strike but admission process is on why?
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by Phaantom22: 12:29pm On May 17, 2022
It will surprise you that those crippling this country are not up to 50 in numbers, imagine how many peoples life can be changed by such amount stolen by one criminal . Some years ago a single man stole the entire pension funds of the federation while pensioneers keep dieing. common 50k they can't pay as minimum wage all they know is creating hardship by inflation and looting. Where are Those religious animals that kill at the slightest opportunity? Is this not worst than the so called insult against a dead prophet? Same jungle justice given to pickpockets should be given to these political criminals else they won't stop.
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by Phaantom22: 12:36pm On May 17, 2022
21savages:
Behind bar say wetin..they should just kill him..
I Concur kill all beneficiaries of corruptions exception of infants and pregnant mothers. Cos they're accomplices and indirect beneficiaries

1 Like

Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by SmartGeneral: 12:44pm On May 17, 2022
lalasticlala
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by Treasure17(m): 2:05pm On May 17, 2022
Someone stole 80 billion yet the government keep lamenting that there's no money and also continue with their reckless borrowing. They will sell this country Las Las.
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by yuping(m): 2:09pm On May 17, 2022
Amerengues2:
Reno.

IamMichael
undecided 80 Billion theft should be flog till death, throwing them behind bars is an encouragment to the upcoming thiefs.
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by darkstar6971(m): 2:15pm On May 17, 2022
Whatsapp me
saintkel:
Dear Nairalanders....how do we contact d family of Late Miss Deborah n show the our little support.....
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by Sahnun91(m): 2:16pm On May 17, 2022
FORGET ABOUT ASUU AND READ ME
The strike has prevented me from moving forward. Rather than being at school learning, all I do is stay at home, wake, sleep, and engage myself in issues that are none of my business in the first place, so i change my mine to search for a scholarship on the following site. try your luck is genuine.
www.scholarshipmag.com
www.studygreen.org
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by 21savages: 3:51pm On May 17, 2022
Like seriously if there is death penalty for such corrupt people Nigeria for better even God will not spare this one..
Phaantom22:

I Concur kill all beneficiaries of corruptions exception of infants and pregnant mothers. Cos they're accomplices and indirect beneficiaries
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by sinkhole: 3:58pm On May 17, 2022
SmartGeneral:
Is there any hope for Nigeria and Nigerian students?

But I heard that the money ASUU is requesting is up to ₦1.5 trillion.
Yes, but to be divided and paid in six years.
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by sinkhole: 4:01pm On May 17, 2022
ASUU blew the whistle in 2020 that AGF is a thief, but Buhari turned a blind eye embarassed

Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by CheedyJ(m): 4:17pm On May 17, 2022
Dem plenty wey thief d money & I doubt d ogas at d very top won't know abt it..las las, nothing dem go do am & all 'those' involved..smh
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by dsocioemmy(m): 4:42pm On May 17, 2022
And some people go dey blame ASUU
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by Olumighty123(m): 4:43pm On May 17, 2022
One out of over a thousand looters out there, When will this ever end? undecided
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by Lingudy(m): 4:44pm On May 17, 2022
Naija oo, true sha but we need to resume oo asap
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by juman(m): 5:09pm On May 17, 2022
God punish buhari and the useless apc government.
ASUU strike is so bad.
Re: ASUU Told To Continue Strike As Accountant General Allegedly Steals N80bn by BigYash: 6:36pm On May 17, 2022
Phaantom22:
It will surprise you that those crippling this country are not up to 50 in numbers, imagine how many peoples life can be changed by such amount stolen by one criminal . Some years ago a single man stole the entire pension funds of the federation while pensioneers keep dieing. common 50k they can't pay as minimum wage all they know is creating hardship by inflation and looting. Where are Those religious animals that kill at the slightest opportunity? Is this not worst than the so called insult against a dead prophet? Same jungle justice given to pickpockets should be given to these political criminals else they won't stop.
Nigerians are not serious. They love suffering. Until they say no to this nonesense, they will continue to see worst . That reno is like them,just that they didn't give him any position. That's his major pain. The day he said he is supporting Atiku is the day ,I stopped reading his twitt .

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are Responsible For The Backwardness Of Science & Technology In Nigeria / The Easiest And Sure Way To Get Into Any University Of Ur Choice? / Adekunle Ajasin Post Utme 2011/2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.