Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,388 members, 7,846,636 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Bedtime Stories With The Antichrist -- Casting Call - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Bedtime Stories With The Antichrist -- Casting Call (135 Views)

Spell Casting To Help Save My Marriage And Bring Back Your Ex Lover Back / Is Mark Zuckerberg The Antichrist? / Auditions! Auditions!! Model Casting For The Biggest Youth Fashion Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bedtime Stories With The Antichrist -- Casting Call by muffleitjuhi(f): 7:06am On May 18, 2022
We're ready to start taking submissions for episode ..2. As some of you may not be familiar, I wanted to clarify some things.

For this episode, I want to take a back seat on the production of media. Most of the previous shows we've done - Bedtime Stories or Word Salad, has been about 70% music from side projects I've worked on, and 30% submitted material.

For this one I pretty much want to be the curator, and the go between for us to get it up on greylodge, which gets a tremendous amount of traffic- and more and more every day. The first Bedtime stories episode as you probably know has gotten thousands of downloads in a day on a couple occasions. If you haven't listened to it you should - it's a good show and sets the tone for the shows we'll be doing in the future.

Read more-12 Ways To Increase YouTube Video Views and Subscribers

However, I also don't want to just re-produce the same show over and over again. In terms of theme for voice overs and sketches I'm leaning towards parody, the extreme and absurd. Ideally parodies should make a point in the process of poking fun at something or casting it in an ironic light-- but if it makes me laugh like crazy and doesn't make a point, I don't give a damn. Also as a hint, I'm prone to favor fake commercials and mockumentries. (If in the process of doing a fake advertisement you backhandedly love-vendor something of your own in the process, all the better! Wu Tang killer bees style is encouraged.)

I had a dream recently which gave a couple ideas that may serve as idea springboards (or not):

Keep That Bitch In Line: A Practical Guide For The Working Man by James Brown.

Memoirs of Tyresa. (A modern day remake of 'Memoirs of a Geisha' following the life of a crack LovePeddler in Camden.)

The Economics of Opportunity By Dick Chaney (follow up to his foray into writing as the copy editor for "The ABC's of Global Imperialism."wink

Pandering To the Audience: How To Win Any Argument Through Emotional Blackmail by Michael Moore.

Now, in terms of music submission I prefer stuff without vocals for soundtrack, beyond that I'll listen to all submissions. I will also consider stuff with vocals for the one or two spots I'll be making for just music running (debut/premieres) but for that stuff it'd best be good.

You have until this time next month to submit -- send me an email at james at joinmycult.org with a link to a posted file. If you can't post to FTP somewhere we may be able to work something out but I can't recieve huge file attachments.

Play ball.
Also Read-How to Monetize your Blog?

(1) (Reply)

Who Help Upcoming Artiste Between Olamide And Don Jazzy / 2 Dead, 120 Injured In Abu Dhabi Gas Cylinder Blast / Blossom Chukwujekwu’s Ex-wife Maureen Esisi In Tears Over His New Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.