Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,685 members, 7,820,387 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion (716 Views)

Tinubu Sees Presidency As Retirement Benefits – Dino Melaye / Akeredolu’s Order: Ondo Tackles Presidency, As Villa Defends Herdsmen / Mc Oluomo, Lagos Speaker And Tinibu Tawaf In Mecca-photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion by Joevics(m): 11:06am On May 18, 2022
Yes, you heard me right. There's so much talk about Tinubu being one of the most popular candidates in the APC. Even Tinibu himself has boasted about that severally.
But is Tinubu really that popular? I would say no.
Here are some facts that back this up.

1. PDP almost won Lagos in 2019: Nigerians forget things very easily, but if you take your mind back to the last election, you would remember how close PDP was to winning the election, despite Tinubu's bullion van.
In fact, there were talks about ballots being seized and thumb printed elsewhere.

To tell you how disturbing this was for the APC, Tinubu has to send MC OLomo and his boys to disrupt elections in Igbo-dominated areas.
Even with all of these and the obvious bias by INEC, APC was only able to win by 130,000 votes.

2. Tinubu has never contested a federal election before: Yes, that's true. So how did you determine that he's the most popular candidate? The man in Ikot-ekpene (Akpabio's Lg) certainly doesn't know Tinibu and we are only assuming that the Almajiri in Kano knows him. In all, Tinibu's popularity is still a myth until tested.

3. The southern votes: While Tinibu is undoubtedly one of the top southern leaders, he isn't on good terms with most politicians in the region, and his decision to run instead of support an Igbo presidency would make things worse.

The southeast would not vote Tinibu because he's taking their turn. The south south won't vote for him because he betrayed them in 2015. (This is just an analysis). But let's come to the southwest, Tinibu's region. While he might win all the states in this region, the difference may not be much. Oyo state is strongly PDP, and if Osun falls, Tinubu would have lost massive votes in 2 southwest states.
Even in Lagos, he would have to share with PDP as has been the case in all elections.

This is in response to this trend: https://www.nairaland.com/7132154/2023-presidency-no-pdp-candidate
LET THE BEST CANDIDATE EMERGE.

mynd44 lalasticlala Seun
I will appreciate it if this makes it to front page, so we can get other people's opinions on it. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion by Jennyclay(f): 11:09am On May 18, 2022
If Tinubu like let him defect to another party.. He's not gonna be our president. Nigerians don't want him.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion by helinues: 11:09am On May 18, 2022
Toh

Your opinion though
Re: Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion by OkutaNla: 11:11am On May 18, 2022
If you are so sure that he won't win then no need for this epistle. Just siddon and watch the events unfold. I don't see people writing epistles about the likes of Yahaya Bello, Atiku and others that are also running. Na always Tinubu every time. Honestly, Una no need all these 'Why Tinubu can't eat, drink, sleep, fvuck, and fart' threads if una sure say e no stand a chance.

5 Likes

Re: Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion by Joevics(m): 11:12am On May 18, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
Nah every idiots dey air their stupid opinions now grin

If nah by first timer, OBJ, Yardua and Jonathan would have never been the president.

The South East is the only geopolitical region in the South that is asking for the position to be microzone to them.

Except for the South East, Tinubu will get lots of votes in the South South and might even defeat the PDP candidate in the South South.
Everything is not about emotions.
When Yaradua and GEJ won their elections, there was only one major party, and Iwu could easily manipulate figures.
Things has changed since then. There are 2 major parties now, and NNPP is growing daily.
Again APC as a party cannot win in the south south, except they present Amaechi.

- Even Akpabio can't win Akwa-ibom.
- They can't win Delta, even with Ibori.
- They can't win rivers, except with Amaechi.
- They can't win Bayelsa. Gej is supporting PDP.
- They can only win EDO and probably cross rivers.

As I said, my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion by ObosiLandlord(m): 11:15am On May 18, 2022
Joevics:

When Yaradua and GEJ won their elections, there was only one major party, and Iwu could easily manipulate figures.
Things has changed since then. There are 2 major parties now, and NNPP is growing daily. As I said, my opinion.
NNPP that has not even won any Governorship or senatorial seat nah I'm una dey think say is one of the major party? You are a joker grin
Re: Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion by Esama: 11:17am On May 18, 2022
The southeast would not vote Tinibu because he's taking their turn. The south south won't vote for him because he betrayed them in 2015.

I still don't know why igbo are speaking on behalf of we ss. ..Ijaw that where Jonathan came from never say Tinubu betrayed them.people are saying igbo people don't know how to play politics I am not surprised at that all.

Also the word of betrayal this igbo people are misusing the word. I thought betrayal is when you enter an agreement with someone and you renege the agreement is that not what they called betrayal?.

Tinubu is not make many agreement with Jonathan or pdp in fact he have never been in pdp before. Why this stark illiterate continue speaking grammar they don't know the meaning?

Ss will not vote Tinubu who should we vote Atiku/Obi ticket right when we are not stupid.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion by Parachoko: 11:20am On May 18, 2022
Esama:
The southeast would not vote Tinibu because he's taking their turn. The south south won't vote for him because he betrayed them in 2015.

I still don't know why igbo are speaking on behalf of we ss. ..Ijaw that where Jonathan came from never say Tinubu betrayed them.people are saying igbo people don't know how to play politics I am not surprised at that all.

Also the word of betrayal this igbo people are misusing the word. I thought betrayal is when you enter an agreement with someone and you renege the agreement is that not what they called betrayal?.

Tinubu is not make many agreement with Jonathan or pdp in fact he have never been in pdp before. Why this stark illiterate continue speaking grammar they don't know the meaning?

Ss will not vote Tinubu who should we vote Atiku/Obi ticket right when we are not stupid.
Them dey always make me laugh when they say Tinubu won't be voted by people from the South South.

We go shock them next year.

Like I have said before, the South South will vote for who will protect the interest of the South South. We are not a geopolitical region that will be supporting a party without getting anything from the party.
Re: Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion by AbaLion: 11:23am On May 18, 2022
Jennyclay:
If Tinubu like let him defect to another party.. He's not gonna be our president. Nigerians Okoros don't want him.
5% are inconsequential. You can only talk on the behalf of your Okoro groups.

-Lion
Re: Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion by Esama: 11:24am On May 18, 2022
Ss don't benefit anything from Jonathan administration even his state benefit nothing go to Jonathan home town the bridge he abandoned was constructed by Buhari administration.

Eboes hijacked Jonathan government they brainwashed him he only focused on southeast and abandoned his region. The same igbo killed his administration and buried his political career.
Parachoko:
Them dey always make me laugh when they say Tinubu won't be voted by people from the South South.

We go shock them next year.

Like I have said before, the South South will vote for who will protect the interest of the South South. We are not a geopolitical region that will be supporting a party without getting anything from the party.

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion by ObosiLandlord(m): 11:27am On May 18, 2022
Joevics:

- Even Akpabio can't win Akwa-ibom.
- They can't win Delta, even with Ibori.
- They can't win rivers, except with Amaechi.
- They can't win Bayelsa. Gej is supporting PDP.
- They can only win EDO and probably cross rivers.

As I said, my opinion.
Do you even know the APC won the 2019 Governorship election in Bayelsa in 2019? And they will likely defeat the PDP in the 2023 Governorship election in Bayelsa again.

Well, is just your opinion

My own opinion is that, The APC will get majority of the votes in the South South in 2023

1 Like

Re: Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion by Jennyclay(f): 11:28am On May 18, 2022
AbaLion:

5% are inconsequential.

-Lion
Are you not tired of suffering and smiling?? Are you a zombie? This is the same man that foster this evil government on us and yet you want him to continue from where dullardo stopped.

I pity Nigerians who will vote for Tinubu.
Re: Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion by abiodunalabama: 11:51am On May 18, 2022
If u say Tinubu can not win who else among the candidates if not Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion by babyfaceafrica: 11:54am On May 18, 2022
All this one na story, by June one everything go clear. I also though Buhari will never be a civilian president. But Nigeria politics will humble you.. Stay calm

1 Like

Re: Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion by famology(m): 12:55pm On May 18, 2022
OkutaNla:
If you are so sure that he won't win then no need for this epistle. Just siddon and watch the events unfold. I don't see people writtihn epistles about the likes of Yahaya Bello, Atiku and others that are also running. Na always Tinubu every time. Honestly, Una no need all these 'Why Tinubu can't eat, drink, sleep, fvuck, and fart' threads if una sure say e no stand a chance.

Absolutely! These guys are so scared to death because of Tinubu. Like you said, everything is about Tinubu yet he's not popular and can't win election. Why not allow him be since he can't win election. There are over 40 contestants in the race but Tinubu is a resounding name for obvious reason. He's the man to beat whether you like him or hate him.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinibu Can't Win The Presidency As Apc's Candidate: Opinion by 1878i: 6:44am On May 19, 2022
[s]
helinues:
Toh

Your opinion though
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Visits Buhari's Nephew, Mamman Daura / People That Killed PDP & Those That Will Bury The Corpse! / Okowa Is Own His Own In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.