Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:06 AM

APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket (1271 Views)

APC Convention: Osinbajo May Step Down For Buharl's Preferred Candidate / APC Convention: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Umahi, Bello Banners Flood Eagles Square / Indications Point To Saraki To Clinch PDP Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by MikoB: 11:59am On May 18, 2022
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/05/18/apc-convention-osinbajo-fvoured-to-clinch-presidential-ticket/&ved=2ahUKEwjLjoHK8ej3AhXMSPEDHZeCCuEQFnoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3jfyclDhAgf5_8ReLmcgQe

Yinusa Duba advances reasons for placing a bet on Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s victory at the All Progressives Congress presidential primary

It is exactly two weeks to the Special National Convention of the All Progressives Congress (APC), and there are clear indications that bookmakers may be in for a shocker as Senator Bola Tinubu is increasingly facing strong headwinds in his bid to clinch the party’s presidential ticket. A zone-by-zone analysis of delegates’ preferences, realignments of APC governors, President Buhari’s behind-the-scene moves and emerging voting patterns indicate that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo will likely emerge winner at the convention on June 1. The Vice President’s intense campaigns (he visits two states in a day), his inspiring messages and the emphasis he places on his experience and readiness to lead right from the first day are increasingly resonating with party stakeholders across the country. Of the 20 aspirants or so in the field, only three – Osinbajo, Tinubu and Amaechi – are the serious contenders. The rest came into the race for many reasons, and so I won’t waste time profiling their chances. In fact, I am sure that these unserious ones will step down before the Convention even begins. They were convinced to buy the N100 million forms to raise funds for the party.

In the South-west region, Tinubu will take Lagos, his home base, and take a slight lead in Osun. The VP will win Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti and Ogun. The governors of these four states are solidly with Osinbajo. But Osun is in strong contention by Tinubu and the VP, and so the votes would be almost evenly split between the two.

While Chibuike Amaechi will take his home state of Rivers, Osinbajo will sweep Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Delta and Bayelsa. In Bayelsa, Timipre Sylva’s firm grip on the delegates is the VP’s advantage. Sylva will easily align with President Buhari and vote Osinbajo. In Akwa Ibom, the VP is banking on the supports of bigwigs like former Deputy Governor Nsima Ekere, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma and Senator Ita Enang, among others; while in neighbouring Cross River State, Gov. Ben Ayade is leading the battalion of supporters rooting for the VP. In Delta, Senator Omo Ovie-Agege and Minister of State for Labour, Mr. Festus Keyamo are the driving forces behind the VP. There would be serious contention for Edo State by both the VP and Tinubu. Although former APC National Chairman Adams Oshiomhole may be rooting for Tinubu in Edo, but the statutory delegates are solidly behind the VP.

The South-east delegates are going into the APC Convention with a sense of grievance. They would have loved to vote for an aspirant from their zone. But in the absence of that, the voting pattern would be disparate. Those from Imo and Ebonyi would be influenced by their governors, while the rest would mostly make their independent decisions. David Umahi and Hope Uzodinma would listen to Buhari’s persuasions and support Osinbajo with their delegates. Delegates from Enugu, Abia and Anambra will support the VP overwhelmingly, but a few would however line up behind Tinubu and Amaechi.

I can confirm that the delegates from the three Zones in the North (NE, NC and NW) will vote in the same pattern because most of the 19 Northern States are APC states whose governors will go along with the President; and we all know that President Buhari is not willing to support Tinubu. Buhari is bent on having his VP succeed him. This is an established fact which has rankled the Tinubu team to no end. But it is what it is. No APC governor from the North will antagonize the President. They respect, adore and revere the old man. Northern governors will support whosoever the President anoint. Although Tinubu will make some good showings in Kano, Zamfara and a few other places, his overall performance in the North will fall behind the VP’s. Amaechi, on the other hand, will give a smattering performance in some places like Katsina.

In previous presidential contests, party delegates were mostly motivated by money. This year seems to be different. What are the major critical success factors in this year’s race? The most important consideration among delegates this year is the character, capacity and competence of the candidates. There is a strong realization among party delegates that Nigeria could fully achieve its full potentials if the right set of leaders are elected. In the governing APC, many are convinced that money would not be the deciding factor. In this regard, Prof Osinbajo is highly regarded as the most competent, experienced and well-prepared candidate. The VP’s relatively young age (he was 65 on March 8; Tinubu 70 on March 29 and Amaechi 56 on May 27) coupled with good physical and mental health is a plus for the VP. Overall, Prof. Osinbajo will score between 70% and 75% of the total delegate votes at the convention.

10 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by PrinceOfLagos: 12:02pm On May 18, 2022
Tinubu and his slaves, how market grin

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by MikoB: 12:02pm On May 18, 2022
Guys this is what you have been asking me, I have the same permutation with this political analyst, just some little difference

I told you guys that Osinbajo
Will win by landslide victory, and I am still confirming this as a fact . In this thread I will expantiate more.

Let me go straight to the point and write the differences I saw in the writer's opinion and mine. Ekiti state is for Osinbajo if Fayemi withdraws, Ondo, Ogun, Oyo are all for Osinbajo and he will also do very well in osun. Another different of opinion from the writers own is that, Asiwaju Tinubu might likely withdraw before the primary if it becomes too obvious of the disgraceful defeat. Apart from the two observations, I have no other reason to add any opinion to what has been written, in fact, he has done a very good job. I know many of you will still be doubting, no problem, 30th is here, and if you a patient reader, you can all go through my previous threads and posts, to know where I am coming from. I am saying this with all boldness, Osinbajo will be apc's flag bearer,if you have anyone that want to place a bet on it, don't excitate, it's as sure as anything. Thank you

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by PrinceOfLagos: 12:04pm On May 18, 2022
MikoB:
Will win by landslide victory, and I am still confirming this as a fact . In this thread I will expantiate more.
I don't want tinubu and his slaves anywhere near the aso rock but hey, don't be too quick to beat your chest over Osibanjo

We are still weighing more of our many options
Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by famology(m): 12:06pm On May 18, 2022
Clowns!...... hahahaha.....in less than 2wks all this foolish analyst will look for a new job.

5 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by MikoB: 12:08pm On May 18, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

I don't want tinubu and his slaves anywhere near the aso rock but hey, don't be too quick to beat your chest over Osibanjo

We are still weighing more of our many options

Osinbajo will win.

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by TheRareGem1(f): 12:18pm On May 18, 2022
This is clear to every same Nigerian that Osinbajo is the real deal for APC in 2023

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by Joyce95: 12:23pm On May 18, 2022
Osinbajo is the right man to follow

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by kingscare1(m): 12:24pm On May 18, 2022
Osibanjo is better than tinubu in terms of purpose fulness, while Tinubu is better than Lawan for the sanity of the nation.
Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by Nonpartisan1: 12:25pm On May 18, 2022
They just finished their WhatsApp meeting. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 18, 2022
VP tuale. So na dis be your nairaland handle
Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by Forzs: 12:28pm On May 18, 2022
MikoB:
Following...

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 12:34pm On May 18, 2022
Osinbajo all the way

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by LibertyRep: 12:35pm On May 18, 2022
By June 3rd, we will see the person behind the masquerade

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by okefranci: 12:38pm On May 18, 2022
We pray Osinbajo gets the ticket because he is a good leader

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by MikoB: 12:44pm On May 18, 2022
okefranci:
We pray Osinbajo gets the ticket because he is a good leader

Just smile, I am more than confident.

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by AshiwajuFoward: 12:45pm On May 18, 2022
Nonpartisan1:

cheesy cheesy No loud am

3 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by Zeemam: 12:52pm On May 18, 2022
So shall it be
Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by Shooyie: 1:28pm On May 18, 2022
I believe Prof Osinbajo will come out victorious.

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by Adimwellloaded: 1:32pm On May 18, 2022
Good luck sir,
2023 election

Meanwhile,
Hot cake deals right now the new banana island in Portharcourt
Come buy yours now

MikoB:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/05/18/apc-convention-osinbajo-fvoured-to-clinch-presidential-ticket/&ved=2ahUKEwjLjoHK8ej3AhXMSPEDHZeCCuEQFnoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3jfyclDhAgf5_8ReLmcgQe.

Guys this is what you have been asking me, I have the same permutation with this political analyst, just some little difference.

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by helinues: 3:14pm On May 18, 2022
Toh

grin

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by JavaScript90: 4:24pm On May 18, 2022
Adimwellloaded:
Good luck sir,
2023 election

Meanwhile,
Hot cake deals right now the new banana island in Portharcourt
Come buy yours now

Post this here for free https://easyproperty.ng

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by HomoSapiien: 4:30pm On May 18, 2022
Nonpartisan1:

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 18, 2022
Slight lead in Osun where his own cousin is Governor? See them just dashing Osinbajo votes. This is epic comedy cos even Prof knows it by now that it's wishful thinking. For Osinbajo to win, 80% of Jagaban's allies have to betray him. In reality, that's a probability of almost ZERO.

I hope everyone saw what happened in Kwara? The stakeholders know who is most useful to the party.

2 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by 1878ii: 6:22am On May 19, 2022
[s]
helinues:
Toh

grin
[/s]
Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by IgOga(m): 6:30am On May 19, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: APC Convention: Osinbajo Fvoured To Clinch Presidential Ticket by Dreamhighnow(m): 7:37am On May 19, 2022
I just like the way Osinbajo has been going about his campaign without throwing dirty words. Very mature guy

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Peter Obi The Center Of Discussion For All Political Parties? / Northern Boys Recreate "Adulthood Na Scam" Talk About Peter Obi, APC, (VIDEO) / Tinubu Will Be The Highest Looser In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.